I'm a senior at a non-target. I have two offers - one at a F100rotation and the other as an analyst at a local boutique investment bank doing lower middle market M&A deals (sub-20mm in size).
* Relocation to tier one city
* Great benefits
* 3-year program, rotating positions
* Will pay for MBA
* Relatively low salary (55k)
* 40-hour work weeks
* Respected name
* Local in tier three city
* No benefits
* Lots of deal experience, client touch, small deal teams
* Purely commission (a portion of success fee)
* 50-60hrs per week
* Typically sub-20mm deals
* Cold-calling/business development is part of role
I've interned (hrly min wage) at the boutique for roughly 5 months (during the school year) and do enjoy the role, the team, and the firm very much. It just seems risky as a place to begin my career. I'm pretty decent at networking so in the new city, I was thinking I could start the grind once more to find another IB role.
Given my two offers, which would you suppose I pick considering that I'd ultimately like a career in IB?