Hi guys so as the title says ive been working in fp&a for the past year at a major bank i find myself interested in corporate development. Is it possible to switch from fp&a to corporate development and if so how would i go about it ?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Current situation- it's a long one.
Grew up in upstate NY in the suburbs working in a country club full of big time ballers and bankers. I generally would keep my head down and perform the job at hand without so much as a glance at some of the huge name guys. I had no idea I wanted to...+35 by H.E. Penny Packer in OFF
- Does anyone here get annoyed when someone says they're in finance just because they work at a financial firm but does something completely unrelated to the industry?
I worked with another HR intern during my time at the PE firm. Once my summer internship came to an end, they wanted to...+31 by lleekyungsie805 in OFF
- In honor of this [disappointment](https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/ama-cre-broker-at-a-top-tier-firm#new), I thought the community could step up to the plate a bit. I used to be a CRE Broker (office leasing, mostly on the landlord side) at a firm that people will debate about below!
Ask...+20 by CRE in RE
- Hi all,
I'm currently a first year analyst at a mid-tier BB in NYC for training. Simply put, I feel like I don't fit into the culture of investment banking (more on this below) and I was hoping to hear your guys' perspectives and advice on how I could fit in better.
I'm...+19 by indianbankerboy in IB
- Hey guys - this group was very helpful to me 10 years ago when it was 2008 and I graduated and was looking to be an analyst from a non-target school in Texas. I started as an an investment analyst for a REPE fund.
Fast forward - I found my niche in real estate syndication and have now:
1. ...+17 by baylormale in RE
- There are a lot of conflicting views on this but every other day I see a post about WeWorks massive debt.
I also saw a post of a girl on LinkedIn that was offered a position, and then it was stripped away from her because they wanted her to sign a contract saying all future start up rights...+17 by isa2130953 in OFF
- @WallStreetOasis.com" has been invaluable to me since I decided 5 years ago to make a career change into commercial real estate (from non finance) so its my turn to give back. I hope my story can help some people.
* Extreme non-target school (undergrad and MBA)
*...+15 by luv2speed in RE
- Ex GS Banker; currently an associate at a megafund (90bn). Offer to join a new, 250m fund and gain some more well-rounded experience (plus, if the fund succeeds, the upside is pretty tantalizing). Am I shooting myself in the foot by leaving the comfort of a brand name?+15 by CraigDoodly in PE
- This question is based off an article https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2019/07/17/what-wealthy-its-not-necessarily-becoming-millionaire/1744408001/ I saw today that states that only 13% of people with assets greater than $1 M actually feel wealthy. Most of these people lie in the $1M -$5M...+12 by quantgrunt in OFF
- Currently at a BB in Ops and been here for 2 years. There’s an internal program to move to IBD for which I’ve made great connections and think I have a high probability (but certainly no guarantee) of making it. Process won’t conclude for another 2 months. Meanwhile I’ve received an...+12 by Burner99 in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul24Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/24-7/268:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jul26WSO Hong Kong Meetup: Fri July 26th, 7pm, Chao Ciao7:00 EDT Central
- Jul29For 2 days only, FREE SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app!(All day) Online
- Aug02Rewind - Amazon Pitchbook M&A Deal Analysis + Q&A – 12am ET, 8/2(All day) Online