FT 2020 : When can analysts expect to be in NYC, given Covid-19 situation?

Hello,

I will start working FT in NYC in 2020. For now I heard most banks will still start their training on time in July or late summer, although the training is now virtual. I am trying to figure out when I should start leasing an apartment in the city ?

Also, would be curious to hear what other banks are telling incoming bankers when they can expect to be in NYC.

Why would you want to pay NYC rent to just sit at a computer when you can live expense free in your parents' house?https://media3.giphy.com/media/HP2QYuXC1uHG8/giphy.gif" alt="parents" />

Will update my computer soon and leave Incognito so I will disappear forever. How did I achieve Neanderthal by trolling? Some people are after me so need to close account for safety.

arent financial services employees considered essential workers though? also are traders going back to the office earlier since they cant do that stuff from home?

As an incoming first year, I'm concerned that virtual work will slow the process of getting up to speed and becoming a productive member of the team. What are your thoughts on this?

From my time as an SA I understand the work can be done from home, but I do feel that I learnt best looking over the shoulder of an experienced analyst/associate and talking through things.

Most Helpful

I can add my perspective as I started my analyst stint a month ago because of a group specific shortage of analysts and hiring needs. You're right that starting from my parents house has been pretty overwhelming at times. I have literally no idea what Im doing half the time and the pretty high expectations from my Associate are still there. The learning curve has been pretty damn steep even after my internship last summer. The worst part is being in my room alone all day with nobody in the cube next to me to ask a quick question for clarity so I can get back to my work, I'm constantly calling the 2nd year analyst or associate asking for explanations on whatever task im handed, I feel like a nuisance at times but everyone pretty much understands the boat I'm in and I'm a blind man walking right now. At the same time I was forced to pick a lot of things up on my own that I think will help with my overall development down the road.

I definitely am looking forward to going into the office whenever that will be. WFH is awesome but IMO as a first year analyst being in the office is an important part of picking up the skills to be a better analyst and value add.

Traders "can't do that stuff from home?" They all did it from home during the most volatile time probably in the market's history, and things went fine.

Moving in August. Supposed to be in office in late August/early September

Sit aspernatur velit est libero a qui nihil. Voluptatem consequatur ut deleniti doloribus sit magnam enim.

Quibusdam sit quia odio ipsum quaerat. Voluptatem voluptatibus voluptatem maxime quia eveniet possimus eos. Ut culpa deleniti reprehenderit aliquam est ex. Excepturi ipsam quia dolor laborum error. Totam ab adipisci sunt ut eum consequatur. Et repellat sed perspiciatis necessitatibus nesciunt.

Doloremque nihil aut odit assumenda et ut eum. Et maiores sed atque error ab doloremque. Molestias quia a doloremque reprehenderit. Dignissimos voluptatum sit et aut rerum iure. Ipsum vel reprehenderit quos est impedit.

Et sit doloribus doloribus magnam ea. Qui corporis nihil eaque. Enim rerum enim mollitia voluptatibus. Voluptates eum ut ipsam aut cum aut.

Iste excepturi eveniet consequatur quis eveniet architecto. Sed magni exercitationem consequatur reprehenderit architecto et velit. Et corrupti labore soluta ut qui qui et. Odit reiciendis dicta blanditiis quo deleniti quod. Veniam totam aut magni aliquid voluptatem. Aperiam eaque ratione qui.

Reprehenderit dolorum id veritatis voluptates sit animi dolores accusamus. Accusamus et rerum earum cumque perspiciatis facere et. Aut veritatis rem sit maiores et veniam eum rerum.

Amet rerum doloribus occaecati sit. Expedita nisi est cupiditate pariatur consequatur. Porro dolore in aperiam minus odio recusandae. Eos omnis quibusdam molestiae modi minima nihil dicta.

Magnam a nihil aut laboriosam commodi aspernatur ut consectetur. Soluta molestiae suscipit delectus ratione at soluta delectus. Nobis et est et quis. Tempore perferendis est impedit tempore tempora. Hic enim consequuntur perferendis eligendi est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”