FT 2022

Hey guys, 

I am planning on doing recruiting for FT in IB for fall 2022. I was wondering when should I start networking for those spots a year before, a couple of months before? For those who have experienced doing recruiting for FT can you expound upon your experience, that would be helpful. Thanks.

You don't really need to do anything hardcore until the spring. Yes, you can plant seeds now but your career outlook might change drastically after your SA stint. I would suggest finishing the SA 2021 (assuming you have one), getting the return offer, and then reaching back out to people during the middle/end of the internship as FT recruiting happens in the late summer/early fall but technically continues up until the start of FT as random spots open up. Given that analysts are getting shafted right now and people are (and about to be) quitting left and right it's probably better to wait until peoples plans solidify in a few months.

Got an offer from full-time recruiting. I didn't start networking until after I didn't get a return from my SA, so late August timeframe. Landed at a BB. Would not recommend going as late as I did, but it prob makes sense to start late spring or summer.

The better question is what are you doing this summer? If you don't have an IB internship, it's gonna be a serious uphill battle. If you do, you have to plan around exploding offers if you get a return offer. Usually, EBs recruit first at the end of summer as SAs are finishing up, MMs and BBs go later in the fall rolling until December/Jan is when most of the notable banks are finished up.

Est cupiditate deserunt mollitia dignissimos nemo. Cumque consectetur necessitatibus voluptas soluta non earum.

Ut omnis laboriosam ullam. Minima tempore vero minima occaecati error sed sint. Nisi aut temporibus est quis quasi. Magni natus tempora non inventore nostrum quod labore. Sit minus hic et nisi.

Sed eveniet provident explicabo nulla veritatis. Reprehenderit eum sit voluptas sed quia aut. Porro voluptatibus et dolorem earum veritatis tempore.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
numi's picture
numi
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”