Senior at a semi-target, graduating in May, econ+maths major. Got a couple of FT offers here and there but none of them is ideal:
1. market risk at BB(GS/MS/JPM)
2. sales at a French bank (BNP/SocGen) but not equity derivatives desks
3. FX sales at DB in Hong Kong
Hope to move into a sales/structuring role on derivatives/structured products desks in 2 years
If I take the MO at BB -> networking my way to FO?
If I take the sales job at the French bank -> networking my way to eqd dev desks?
If I take the job in HK at DB -> go to bschool 2 years later and move to NYC office as an Asso?
Which one is easier? I'll keep networking and looking for jobs before graduation for sure, but also hope to prepare for the worst in case I can't get a better offer.
Any thoughts would be appreciated!
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.