FTP SA 2022

Just received a first round today. Non-target non-diversity no networking. Applied at end of April. Anyone else receive one? Think I'm for NYC because that's the only one I applied to. Also, what are the overall thoughts on FTP? It's super heavy on fin tech obviously but seems like they work on a decent amount of large cap deals. Are they considered a top boutique? And is the culture really that bad? Are we talking like BGL culture or what? How's comp?

FTP is a top boutique with strong deal flow in the fintech space. The issue is that fintech is very niche, so exits aren’t great when compared to other boutiques like Liontree. Plus, FTP does not participate in mega billion deals but focuses more on middle market deals. Things may get better for the firm as COVID pushes the merger of tech and financial services, especially in digital payments and banking sectors. As companies mature/attract attention, FTP will eventually sell them, like Divvy earlier this year. Culture = very sweat (analysts don’t pitch), comp = street. I will place it above balance sheet banks/banks with constant pitch and some boutiques/MM firms.

Yeah you're right my SD is only 1.5 hrs. How was the super? What types of questions do they ask and do you think it went well? Is it mostly hard techs or behaviorals? I'll lyk when I hear back from my super this Friday.

Had Super July 9th, How long does it take for them to get back usually? Had a friend who had an exploding offer and they got back to him next day, but besides that no idea.

Yo it's OP. I did end up hearing back for a final round 1 on 1 interview with a senior banker. This was after the superday round. Did you do that or hear back yet?

Is the process still rolling or is the SA class full after recent superdays? 

I still haven't heard back from my 7/16 super so who knows. Have you at least done a 1st round?

What SD were you at? Like what date? And are you SF or NYC?

Has anyone heard back after the final round 1 on 1 senior banker interview for NYC? How long after that does it take to get an offer?

2 people have, one after 2 weeks and one after a couple of days. I had mine 2 weeks ago and no update.

Suscipit eaque doloremque voluptatem et mollitia omnis. Veniam quo rem velit est voluptas nobis amet consequuntur. Magnam vel non excepturi temporibus itaque consequatur perspiciatis eligendi. Sint sunt deserunt aut. Est consectetur incidunt tempore eaque repudiandae suscipit.

Earum dolor similique architecto natus aut. Ut magni voluptatem quae eligendi. Alias ut dolore minus cum suscipit ea ipsam.

Nihil nisi vel hic ut. Eius architecto nihil labore totam suscipit ut expedita. Sit enim placeat rerum commodi veritatis et.

Ab possimus illo qui voluptatem fuga nihil odit. Quod corporis fugiat ea neque amet optio aut non. Ipsam dolor qui sint fugiat laborum. Mollitia et officiis commodi aut aut dolores.

Ipsa hic rem culpa. Sunt quas voluptatibus ducimus id totam quis omnis. Architecto quasi dolores est illum nostrum. Incidunt reiciendis incidunt tenetur est in iure dolor iure.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”