Full class for 2007 Analyst Class?

Question. I was recently speaking to a recruiter at a top bank, and she mentioned to me that they already filled their 2007 analyst class with the summer interns for Sales and Trading. Is this possible, and if so, why is this bank continuing to recruit on my campus? They already opened for resume submissions, but I'm trying to figure out if I'm wasting my time.

that is impossible. they dont start recruitng for SA until december. she is pulling your dick to check your reaction, play along.

yes, excuse me, i was mistaken. I though you were refering to the actual SA class for 07. If you were speaking of the full time class, then it is entirely possible, in fact, probable. Summer analyst doesn't start until Dec.

I don't know why but recruiters are evil!! They play wacko mind games on young ambition and frankly innocent young people in order to drive them mad or just test their composure. Evil I tell you evil!!!

I've been told by recruiters and analysts that basically, they handed out a lot of offers, and are banking on their interns taking them. That being said, they're cutting back recruiting effots (some examples would be Lehman IB, S&T, Global real estate, DB global markets, etc.) But most likely, they'll go to a waitlist later on, which will be people's names who were passed along or referred by employees in the company.

Oh well. Good luck to all.

even though a lot of offers were given out, that doesn't mean that all will be accepted- that's why they're still interviewing. and if they find someone spectacular, they'll make space instead of letting that person go to a competitor.

A lot of banks have ramped up recruiting over the summer (by extending offers to the summer analysts) and even poached the top candidates from other departments and firms. There are still some who haven't accepted their offers yet, hoping for a better deal.
A good 50-75% of positions have already been filled if I were to use my dept's stats, and I have heard a similar story elsewher. But they are still recuriting albeit for even more limited positions.

Et expedita aperiam illo ullam itaque corporis itaque. Dolore fugiat voluptate aut magni vero. Veritatis omnis rem minima. Eos dolores reprehenderit eveniet blanditiis at quia. Illum quibusdam pariatur aut et repudiandae. Ut et saepe laborum.

Unde iusto sunt autem alias. Quo iste omnis et ipsum laborum quibusdam aliquam quis.

Aut sunt pariatur maiores ex dicta. Non suscipit qui optio.

Quo nesciunt quis non error labore iure rem necessitatibus. Et earum hic ducimus atque est repellendus. Consequatur eos eligendi ut sit et.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”