Full-Time Packages for Class of 2008

This is what I've heard for one of the BBs (all figures in USD):

Analyst package:

1) New York - 60k base + 10k relocation + 2.5k sign-on

2) Hong Kong - 60k base + 20k housing + 5k relocation + 2.5k early sign-on

3) Singapore - 60k base + 5k relocation + 2.5k early sign-on

4) Tokyo - 60k base + 5k relocation + 2.5k early sign-on

Could anyone confirm that these are the standard?

Info on associate packages would be appreciated as well.

Yeah, I guess the early sign-on only applies to summers who have been given offers, to get us to sign on before they begin recruiting full-time.

Does any bank put down the deposit for housing? Apparently some banks in Asia will be guarantors when you get housing there.

if one interns with a division other than banking but comes back with the same firm for banking full-time, do you think they are eligible for the 2.5k sign-on (assuming the firm does this)? also, is the 2.5k stated in the offer letter?

Best Response

No, the 2.5k is sometimes linked to an earlier exploding offer; as in, you get this group if you sign by X date and no bonus and placement if you sign after X. Don't expect the 2.5k unless you sign exactly as they tell you, and they will have told you about it if you can expect it.

It is NOT stated in the offer letter, nor is the earlier half of the exploding offer. The employment office or career services at wherever you go usually sets a time at which offers may explode; anyone breaking the rule doesn't get to come recruit the next year (I'm talking from experience at a very-target). Explicit signing bonuses are also sometimes prohibited (the relocation doesn't count, thus why it's called a relocation payment). The offer letter doesn't state anything that isn't kosher to the letter of the law, the other details being verbal agreements of a sort.

Full-time recruiting for all the divisions should be at the same time, and if you really want to find out call up a recruiter and ask.

58000GBP? That's almost $120k....geez

Yes, I know we're talking about associate.

"We are lawyers! We sue people! Occasionally, we get aggressive and garnish wages, but WE DO NOT ABDUCT!" -Boston Legal-

Vero exercitationem consectetur aliquid nisi et. Est sunt ullam sint dolorem rerum aut rerum. Eligendi expedita repellendus minus. Molestiae unde cumque ipsa nihil ipsam eum ut. Molestias libero aut quae sunt.

Fugit placeat voluptatibus sit dolores quia. Suscipit doloribus ut nostrum quae quod nulla dolores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”