Fundamental L/S equity analyst to alphacapture product manager
I am currently an analyst at a 200m AUM hedge fund working as a fundamental equity L/S analyst. Got an opportunity to interview for an alphacapture product manager role at one of the largest/prestigious quant HFs in the world. Would this kind of move make sense? I understand that quant HFs are what's structurally growing, but not 100% clear what the role entails.
Can anyone give me some insights?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I am about 3 weeks removed from receiving three PE offers (from MFs and top MM firms), both elated and relieved to be done with such a crazy process. I saw that another user commented saying he’d do a write-up about his experience going through the recruiting process and figured I’d wait to...+149 by Candor in PE
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+100 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- I have been a long time lurker and recent poster here, I have got so much from this community, I can say I would not have done it without you so I think it is time to give something back. I am sure you heard stories like mine but I hope this can be inspirational to some of you.
My...+88 by masters in SCSS
- Hey guys. I'm a 29 year old white male with a loving wife and 1 year old son. I went to a state school (Cal State Fullerton), graduated with a 3.1 GPA (didn't give a crap about school, just partied) and then got a sales job. Then I busted my ass (I'm not analytical or smart, but...+77 by averagejoe1010 in OFF
- TLDR - seen a lot of pessimism out of the major firms, it's starting to make me think it's too pessimistic, making me consider that we’re on the cusp of a multi-year secular bull market, let's discuss
OK, I've been struggling with a couple of thoughts over the past few...+60 by thebrofessor in MKT
- What is the most prestigious job opportunity you've ever seen someone get or take directly after college?+38 by BillMurray in OFF
- Hi all,
Longtime reader and writing as a small way of “giving back.” I’m in my second year at H/S/W and thought I’d share some thoughts and insights. My background is traditional – think IB / Consulting / HF / PE.
On the whole, I’ve had a very rewarding experience so far,...+30 by Bschool in BSCH
- How I Passed the CFA Exams Back-to-Back-to-Back
January 2, 2016 was the first Saturday of the year and the start of my Level I studies. At the time, I was working in real estate equity research and my hours during the work week prevented me from studying daily. So, 75% of my...+28 by jeremysg in OFF
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Nov13Podcast: Unlimited risk tolerance -- Michael Breolzheimer (Bee Partners) -- 11/1312:00 to 1:00 EST Online
- Nov14Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 11/14-11/168:00 to 5:00 EST Online
- Nov15WSO NYC Happy Hour: Thur 11/15, 7-10pm, 5th and Mad Bar 7:00 EST New York City, NY
- Nov15WSO Chicago Meet Up: Thur 11/15, 630-830pm, IO Godfrey7:30 EST Chicago, IL
- Nov15WSO Houston Meet Up: Thur Nov 15th, 7pm, Bovine & Barley 8:00 EST Houston, TX