Game over for FT 2021 if you dont get a return offer this summer?

Yeah everyone in the past has been saying just continue to re-recruit or whatever for all open FT slots however with offers coming out and some firms giving almost everyone offers like Lazard and BAML and most likely deciding not to have ft recruiting, is recruiting just fucked? What would be the ideal plan if you're not able to land something

Is it just suggested to do grad schools, take a gap year to apply as a senior technically again, or to find work anywhere? Trying to be serious too. Ik a bunch of analysts on here will probably say just grind and even try to get some bs local boutique job but that just doesnt seem realistic especially given how many others will be in the same situation and with most boutique having almost no deal flow.

Yeah. I think Recruiting if any won't begin till 2021. So keep trying and lets hope we get through this

fuck, imagine recruiting during your last semester before graduation

Most Helpful

My bet is FT recruiting will happen eventually, but will be super tough. Hopefully by Q1 2021 we get a vaccine and the economic outlook improves a lot. Lots of banks have cut headcount this year (or plan to in the fall) due to the decline in M&A activity, so if things start looking up in the winter/spring, banks may scramble to make some hires.

That being said, lots of big banks (Citi, BAML, Moelis, etc) have taken the hit and given super high offer rates, so I think FT recruiting at nearly all BB/EB/topMM will be non-existent. It's the smaller boutiques that have gotten especially crushed during Covid, and they are the banks that will likely realize in the winter that they will be severely understaffed when deals do come back and make some last minute FT hires.

So I think there is hope, but it certainly won't be the standard end of the summer FT process and may take well into the year. Will be especially tough for people (like me) that have return offers to really shitty places and are forced to decide if we want to roll the dice on things improving later or just bite the bullet and take what is on the table now.

Ab quia reprehenderit voluptas est pariatur ullam. Autem qui minus sed dolores minus qui. Nemo dicta eum delectus perspiciatis error et blanditiis. Ut eligendi accusamus numquam necessitatibus non vel sit omnis. Saepe autem est est optio sequi quaerat. Beatae quae ex dolore optio fugiat.

Alias et iure eius eaque eveniet tempora minima. Eum impedit quod ut. Qui qui inventore voluptatibus autem.

In voluptatem alias maiores aut est a quod. Accusantium laboriosam mollitia quod autem.

Quos fuga ut ad repellat quia. In tenetur qui sunt.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”