Gary Johnson 2016 - You In?

The LP ticket is getting a lot more press this year due to how awful Clinton and Trump are. I met Gov. Johnson a few years back when I was still an undergrad and the guy couldn't be more down to earth. More importantly, I think his brand of practical libertarianism is what is most appealing and it gives the libertarian party more legitimacy. I've been a libertarian my entire voting life and we're not all off the grid anarchists. So, is anyone else here voting or considering voting for Johnson/Weld this year?

The second I saw him go on Colbert wearing Nikes with a suit, he got my vote.

In all seriousness though, I think he stands on an attractive platform with some compelling policies, I will certainly consider him.

I could go on for paragraphs but to make it easier, 75% of what Hillary proposed last night in her speech. Both sides (one more than the other) have become populist statists. If you held a gun to my head and I had to pick the GOP or Dems this year, I would go with the Dems though.

"That was basically college for me, just ya know, fuckin' tourin' with Widespread Panic over the USA."

Would love to see him poll high enough to make it to a national debate stage. I think if the country on a broader scope is exposed to him, he will stand out as far more appealing than the other two. I wouldn't consider myself a libertarian but Gov. Johnson is, as stated above, a balanced approach to true conservative principles and rationalism.

I hope he clears the 15% hurdle to get into the debates and a rumored Mitt Romney endorsement would help in a big way. I'm not a die hard, large "L" Libertarian because some of their ideas are a bit odd, but as a livelong Republican who fits the millennial stereotype of "fiscally conservative, socially liberal" I'll always have a soft spot for the party and for Gary.

I'll vote for him if my state isn't close and I've already donated small amounts to his campaign. If it's neck and neck though, I'm holding back my vomit and voting Hillary. Tim Kaine is a good guy and I'd rather maintain the status quo than see the country go to hell. Hillary will make political decisions I disagree with, but she's not going to crash the economy and embarrass the country on a national stage.

Commercial Real Estate Developer

I've been a libertarian for a long time (although I am not as fiscally conservative as a diehard L cuz I believe in things like universal healthcare and mostly free higher education) and my thoughts are, what's the point? I am in Texas, Trump will win Texas, I doubt I am even going to waste time voting. Additionally even if I were in a swing state I would most likely go blue just so Trump can't win because Gary has no shot anyway. The death of one or both parties is the only way the Libertarian party can start becoming a driving force; either that or we have a slow change in either party and they become libertarian by policy even if they are Democrat/Republican by name.

Array

Since I started my career out in public policy this stuff still has a special place in my heart. Yeah, he won't win the election but what I hope it does is increase awareness and legitimacy to the libertarian party. I would love to see more libertarians elected at the state and municipal level after this election and maybe in a few election cycles, member or members of congress who are actually affiliated with the libertarian party.

"That was basically college for me, just ya know, fuckin' tourin' with Widespread Panic over the USA."

Do you realize the irony in your comments? You like GJ and his policies the best out of the 3 options, but don't want to vote for him because he doesn't have a shot? Well how could he have a shot.. maybe if more people voted for him! I'd say this election your reasoning for voting (so the other party doesn't win) is the most common reason for voting, and if people changed their perception and voted for their own favorite candidate instead of trying to game the system then your vote would count and he would have a shot!

SECfinance:

My state is going red regardless, so I'm considering voting for him since my vote is essentially meaningless.

Same. Louisiana is bastion of Trump mouth breathers, so my vote for Johnson isn't going to move the needle but I certainly wouldn't vote for anyone else. I voted for him in 2012, so it's really cool to see him get so much more support this time around.

I'm probably voting for Johnson, or begrudgingly choosing the Donald. This is a pretty crucial time for a third party candidate to step in given how bad the two-party candidates are, even if he doesn't win this election, since it'd help the party in the long run.

I'm not really concerned about his stance on the environment. From what I understand, he knows that climate change exists, but realizes that 1) the government shouldn't create costly regulation that's forced upon taxpayers for an issue that doesn't seriously, measurably harm us, and 2) it's against the idea of a free market for the government to give tons of subsidies to tons of large energy corporations.

Eddie Braverman agreed, based on their talking points and from the townhall the other night on CNN it seems like Johnson is targeting disenfranchised conservatives while Weld is targeting the NeverHillary left.

Quis et consequatur id suscipit consequatur incidunt eveniet sapiente. Dolores accusamus facilis libero fugiat similique maiores perspiciatis ipsam. Voluptatum dolores animi laudantium non tenetur.

Facilis aut magnam ratione ut facere. Ex qui nisi aut. Modi deserunt et pariatur suscipit quibusdam.

Quae et vel eligendi consequuntur. Dolorem eaque voluptatem molestiae dolore vero est incidunt. Natus quia dolores ab ratione soluta in sequi.

Distinctio repellendus eveniet asperiores iste cum illum porro. Ut voluptatem vel porro ut. Voluptates aperiam suscipit non. Praesentium rem corrupti quas quasi deserunt vel natus.

Vitae omnis odio placeat et. Aliquam aut qui animi. Sunt quis vel ut.

Nihil quia aliquam voluptatem ea dolores. At officia quia eos dolor dolor. Libero sed minima quisquam omnis sed est. Numquam iste dolorum velit dignissimos sit. Alias et alias esse laboriosam. Dolor eaque voluptatum dolore placeat. Quia quasi rem ut quasi aut qui dolores mollitia.

Doloribus ratione est quis tempore magni eum ratione et. Dolor nemo sit mollitia quia commodi. Voluptas commodi commodi consectetur rem qui officiis veniam neque. Ut et necessitatibus error quia maiores aliquam. Autem architecto accusantium ea. Odit et eum nulla consequatur eius. Suscipit vel rerum omnis vero neque.

Laudantium ullam iure dolorem vel et. Vel et ab repudiandae earum reiciendis qui dolorem optio. Aliquam odio voluptatem natus. Architecto delectus et voluptas et eos temporibus.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”