Georgetown University’s MS in Finance Online Program (Sponsored Story)
Developing the Next Leaders in Finance
Georgetown University's Master of Science in Finance (MSF) online program transforms today's best financial professionals into rising industry leaders. Created by the distinguished faculty of the McDonough School of Business, this world-class curriculum and revolutionary online learning platform delivers the essential skills to take finance careers to the next level. This online program gives working professionals the opportunity to deepen their business and technical finance skills, as well as experience a Georgetown University education from all over the country.
Georgetown University's MSF has a curriculum of intensive coursework, real-world applications, a global outlook, and a commitment to ethical values. Graduates of this program will be on their way to take their place among global financial leaders with knowledge that includes:
- The ability to value stocks, bonds, and derivatives using cutting-edge valuation methods
- A comprehensive understanding of how to evaluate corporate investment projects
- An appreciation for the importance of ethical decision making
- The ability to construct an efficient portfolio using the latest techniques for estimating expected returns and risks
- A thorough understanding of how markets work according to the Efficient Market Hypothesis and the alternative hypothesis of Behavioral Finance
- The ability to blend sophisticated modeling with a global mindset in the management of corporate risks
The 20-month online MSF program consists of six core courses, three selective courses, and a weeklong on-site residency. The program concludes with the capstone global consulting project where you apply your training to a real-world project that culminates in a trip with your classmates to the overseas client to present your analysis and recommendations. The core courses include Financial Markets, Financial Accounting,, Financial Econometrics, Advanced Corporate Valuation and Modeling, and Principled Financial Leadership.
Georgetown University's McDonough School of Business announced the program in 2013, and the first class was held on January 4, 2014. Listed below are the summary statistics for the inaugural class:
Georgetown MSF Inaugural Class Profile
- 162 applications
- 39 students enrolled
- Students residing in 15 states
- Average GMAT: 663
- 80th percentile GMAT: 700
- 20th percentile GMAT: 640
- Average age: 27.5
- Average work experience: 5 years
- Average Undergraduate GPA: 3.4
For more information about Georgetown University's online MSF program, please visit our website msf.georgetown.edu/">here, or call (866) 531-4825 to speak with an admissions representative.