Here's the short of it:
- Have been in lateral hire process since February at GS/MS/JPM. Coverage banker.
- Radio silence for a month between 1st round and superday
- Called in for a superday - nailed the 2 hr model test (think I'm the only one who got it) and behaviorals with junior team - think I'm going to straight to offer
- 5 or so days later, receive good news: come in to meet with a few senior members of the team for "final round". Think it's odd that there's another superday, but come in nonetheless late last week and have decent conversations that are behavioral-ish and some deal-related questions
This was last week. Fast forward to today, it's been about 5 days and radio silence. On my way out, one of the juniors on the team said expect to hear back end of last week or early this week. Followed up with him early this week and with the recruiter - radio silence.
Am I not giving it enough time? Have they really not circled up yet, or is this a ding? What's concerning is that they had been generally responsive up until this point and now go silent. Would they not even send a rejection note this deep into the process and just ghost me? Appreciate any thoughts.
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.