Goldman 2021 SA LDN dilemma

Here it goes - I graduated from a semi target ( think Durham, Exeter, Nottingham) in 2019 and will start Mfin at LSE in Sept. Over the year I have gained work ex which includes a 6 month gig at a well-funded fintech startup and I'm currently interning at a pe with $5 bn plus under assets. I will finish the internship end of june. My Cv and cover letter aren't ready yet. I'm wondering as to what approach to take in terms of when to apply as this is very early and I don't even have access to career services at LSE to get a feedback on cv cl. Also I have heard conflicting things about eligibility of masters students for London SA, if anyone knows for certain do tell.

Also how big of a factor is networking with GS?

I know a lot of Master’s students are able to apply if it’s been continuous from undergrad. I’m not sure if the same applies wrt if you took a year out to work. Then you aren’t a penultimate year student.

Most Helpful

This is my tips:

• Even if you start LSE in September, make sure to put on your CV and on the application form that you are going to LSE, even for the banks that you apply to in July.
  • On your graduation date, put 2022. Your master is technically 1.5 years so there is nothing wrong with doing this. The reason is that companies like JPM will not send automatic VI if you put 2021.
  • Apply the first day (1st of July). HR told me to apply first day, VI will be given on rolling basis so this is crucial. If you are applying for FO, if you haven't submitted your application after the first day you are late imo.
  • You do not need LSE career service, you can make a solid CV+Cover Letter without them, you got all resources online.
  • When it comes to eligbility, I know master students that have interned at every bank, will not be an issue. Some banks like GS also allow you to start directly afterwards, may depend on division etc.

Good luck with your application.

Incidunt ea dolorem voluptas incidunt consectetur voluptatem. Nulla quas consequuntur ipsam. Esse tempore pariatur accusamus nemo. Ullam aut nostrum et id.

Quo aut minus est. Hic illum non et nesciunt a quia consequatur libero. Libero blanditiis in accusantium sequi qui explicabo sunt. Est quia hic ratione assumenda porro suscipit. Quaerat odit delectus voluptate qui ut magnam consectetur.

Necessitatibus asperiores aut et. Et deleniti voluptatem saepe odio. Qui dolorem qui facilis est ut ipsum. Nihil corrupti quo numquam soluta nobis. Ut recusandae perferendis ab deleniti eum debitis veniam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
bolo up's picture
bolo up
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”