WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (484)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 - 11:38pm

Yo will you help me understand why everyone is tweakin out abt not getting a HV? It says on their website that the deadline is Nov 20 and they aim to let everyone know by Dec 20. Wouldn't this mean that you and everyone else still have a shot? Is there another deadline I don't know about? What am I missing here

Jul 16, 2020 - 7:19pm

Who grades these. Are they the alumni group or the groups you applied for or other?

path less traveled

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Jul 18, 2020 - 1:15pm

Combination of both - for targets, alumni bankers are highly involved and send HCM a list that pretty much gets pushed through. For non targets it's much more HCM directed.

Jul 16, 2020 - 7:29pm

I can speak for myself. I spoke with 2 VP and 2 Analysts. both convos with the VP's were interview-like

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:45pm

I heard the opposite. Maybe some "what do you think about the current state of the markets" but nothing actually technical.

Hopefully someone can confirm

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:52pm

Got a hirevue, semi-target for NY but target for SF. No networking, but good internships/extracurriculars. Is this hirevue really going to be technical? I really though GS hirevues were typically non-technical

• Prospect in Other
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:04pm

did you participate in any of the diversity programs? from my understanding I thought GS only gave hirevues to people who participated in diversity programs or had referrals through networking

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:15pm

i dont have relevant experience, didn't network and go to probably a semi-target and got one

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:25pm

It's not. 4-5 behavioral questions with detailed scenarios. 1 try to answer. 1 IB specific question. If you applied to other divisions and this is your first Hirevue, expect division specific questions on those too.

• Prospect in Other
Jul 16, 2020 - 11:50pm

Were the behaviorals more like "Tell me about a time..." or were they situationals "You are in a team and. ...what do you do"?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:57pm

i applied for 3 different locations (NY, SF, CHI) – I got only NYC and see that NYC has been the only IBD location released. However, is there any chance we would receive additional hirevues for the other two applications?

• Prospect in Other
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:01pm

no in the email it says that we would only be asked to submit one hirevue for the recruiting cycle

Controversial
  • Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:03pm

Just did the interview:

I cant remember all of them, but pretty standard:

1) Why GS
2) Why Banking
3) Why is a liquidation model relevant during markets right now?
4) Are you a leader or a team member and why?
5) What are markets doing right now?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:27pm

SB'd. There are more questions, I expected it to only be 4-5?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 10:05pm

why is this dude getting MS? I have heard as well (at least for semi-targets and targets) that we are competing with other candidates in our school?

Jul 18, 2020 - 10:43pm

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

Jul 18, 2020 - 9:24pm

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 9:29am

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THESE QUESTIONS + "What are you passionate about"? THANK YOU!!!

Jul 18, 2020 - 9:25pm

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:43pm

Like as in a couple mins ago or you didn't see it was in your inbox from a couple hours ago

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:47pm

I think almost everyone gets a HireVue. I'm at a nontarget, talked to like 2 people but doubt they flagged my resume and I got a HireVue

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:53pm

GPA? What's your work experience and extra-curriculars like? People have said it's selective in the past

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:57pm

GPA 3.87, non target, 2 finance internships in real estate and distressed fund

Jul 16, 2020 - 9:18pm

3.7 gpa, target, non-diversity, networked with 2 alumni, attended all on-campus events

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 9:44pm

3.95/4.0, target, two IB internships – I've heavily networked and many of those I spoke to internally said that while getting the hirevue was selective, the largest cut is hirevue –> superday. Be glad with the hirevue, but know that it is still extremely competitive and we've only gone through the smaller cut in the process.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 10:54pm

In years past sophomore recruiting is done after junior recruiting so you shouldn't freak out just yet. Sounds like you're set to be honest so good job.

Jul 17, 2020 - 1:11am

I can confirm that sophomore recruiting is done after junior recruiting.

Array

Jul 17, 2020 - 3:44am

is super target HW?

Array
Jul 19, 2020 - 9:36am

was there a submit button at the end for you? cant remember if i needed to submit after finishing the hirevue

path less traveled

Jul 16, 2020 - 10:33pm

how do u guys know it is for ibd?? did you check the portal and it said ibd is reviewing your application? my email only says "interview with goldman sachs"

Array

Jul 16, 2020 - 11:32pm

i got hirevue earlier this week, the portal said gir is reviewing my application and ibd is application received, but the questions were all ibd... does it mean I got ibd hirevue?

Array

Jul 17, 2020 - 6:42pm

I still haven't been officially rejected for the SA2020 class...

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 12:53am

Go to a Semi Target with really solid ECs (including 4 internships, HF/PE/IB/AM), Good GPA, and networked with a VP in CIMD (among other analysts in IBD) who specifically mentioned he highly recommended me but didn't end up getting a hirevue. Rip.

Safe to assume multiple waves? or anyone know if it's one and done? Would suck if I grinded only to not even get a hirevue

Jul 17, 2020 - 1:09am

Either you are exaggerating about your credentials or it's just really tough to break in even at a semi-target. If you're not exaggerating, then that's definitely a bummer.

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 1:14am

The messed up thing is I'm underselling and I'm definitely not trolling. My semi-target is still top 20 US News and we have kids at GS just not as much as HYP+

Jul 17, 2020 - 3:22am

Beatae labore quo deleniti voluptate iusto. Praesentium consectetur suscipit deserunt facere nesciunt aut sit. Voluptatem velit quo et est. Et perspiciatis officia cum commodi eum eos. Ex voluptatem est fugit non explicabo.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 10:01am

Ipsam distinctio et recusandae debitis et. Voluptates eius odio dolorem ut ut et nam. Quas dignissimos deserunt aut consequatur sunt eligendi.

Fugiat provident praesentium tenetur hic temporibus consequatur qui. Sed exercitationem omnis pariatur voluptas. Eaque atque maxime qui libero velit et omnis. Vero cupiditate commodi quis nihil delectus animi. Officia doloremque reiciendis sit numquam deleniti facere sit. Placeat eaque animi reiciendis velit. Facere et qui beatae et voluptatem ipsa ut.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 12:58am

Dignissimos molestiae temporibus aliquam deleniti repellendus ad. Eaque ipsa eum dolor dolorum harum totam ut saepe. Eum quasi ex saepe. Libero distinctio quidem pariatur expedita accusamus impedit.

Dolorem aut numquam nihil sequi sit. Repellat vel est perferendis neque est. Voluptas hic est nulla in dignissimos earum voluptatum. Est unde exercitationem error fugit ut. Tenetur consequatur et nulla saepe ea omnis.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

September 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (220) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (134) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (486) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (377) $82