WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (484)

Jul 18, 2020 - 9:18pm

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
Jul 20, 2020 - 11:38pm

Yo will you help me understand why everyone is tweakin out abt not getting a HV? It says on their website that the deadline is Nov 20 and they aim to let everyone know by Dec 20. Wouldn't this mean that you and everyone else still have a shot? Is there another deadline I don't know about? What am I missing here

Jul 16, 2020 - 7:19pm

Who grades these. Are they the alumni group or the groups you applied for or other?

path less traveled

• Analyst 1 in IB - Gen
Jul 18, 2020 - 1:15pm

Combination of both - for targets, alumni bankers are highly involved and send HCM a list that pretty much gets pushed through. For non targets it's much more HCM directed.

Jul 16, 2020 - 7:29pm

I can speak for myself. I spoke with 2 VP and 2 Analysts. both convos with the VP's were interview-like

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:45pm

I heard the opposite. Maybe some "what do you think about the current state of the markets" but nothing actually technical.

Hopefully someone can confirm

Jul 18, 2020 - 9:21pm

Hey! Hope you are doing amazing! I was just wondering if you could be so kind to tell me the GS NY IBD questions for Summer Analyst 2021. I would really appreciate it! Happy to help in any way that I can too :)

• Intern in PE - Other
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:38pm

Has anyone received the HireVue link itself yet? I'm still waiting on the HireVue link (not the email from recruiter)

• Prospect in 
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:39pm

Does anyone know how many tries we should have on hirevue questions?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:51pm

What exact time was it sent? You think they'll send out another wave for NY or no?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:52pm

Got a hirevue, semi-target for NY but target for SF. No networking, but good internships/extracurriculars. Is this hirevue really going to be technical? I really though GS hirevues were typically non-technical

• Prospect in Other
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:04pm

did you participate in any of the diversity programs? from my understanding I thought GS only gave hirevues to people who participated in diversity programs or had referrals through networking

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:25pm

It's not. 4-5 behavioral questions with detailed scenarios. 1 try to answer. 1 IB specific question. If you applied to other divisions and this is your first Hirevue, expect division specific questions on those too.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 7:57pm

i applied for 3 different locations (NY, SF, CHI) – I got only NYC and see that NYC has been the only IBD location released. However, is there any chance we would receive additional hirevues for the other two applications?

• Prospect in Other
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:01pm

no in the email it says that we would only be asked to submit one hirevue for the recruiting cycle

Controversial
  • Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:03pm

Just did the interview:

I cant remember all of them, but pretty standard:

1) Why GS
2) Why Banking
3) Why is a liquidation model relevant during markets right now?
4) Are you a leader or a team member and why?
5) What are markets doing right now?

Jul 18, 2020 - 10:29pm

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:13pm

The questions don't really change from year to year from what I've been told.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jul 19, 2020 - 5:12pm

There are 5 behavorials and 1 division based question according to folks who I've networked with at the firm.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 10:05pm

why is this dude getting MS? I have heard as well (at least for semi-targets and targets) that we are competing with other candidates in our school?

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 9:29am

CAN ANYONE CONFIRM THESE QUESTIONS + "What are you passionate about"? THANK YOU!!!

Jul 16, 2020 - 8:12pm

edited this - i think it wasnt too selective. this was the first hurdle so b proud if u got it, but its definitely harder to go hirevue->superday

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:47pm

I think almost everyone gets a HireVue. I'm at a nontarget, talked to like 2 people but doubt they flagged my resume and I got a HireVue

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 8:53pm

GPA? What's your work experience and extra-curriculars like? People have said it's selective in the past

Jul 16, 2020 - 9:18pm

3.7 gpa, target, non-diversity, networked with 2 alumni, attended all on-campus events

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 9:44pm

3.95/4.0, target, two IB internships – I've heavily networked and many of those I spoke to internally said that while getting the hirevue was selective, the largest cut is hirevue –> superday. Be glad with the hirevue, but know that it is still extremely competitive and we've only gone through the smaller cut in the process.

• Intern in IB - Gen
Jul 16, 2020 - 10:54pm

In years past sophomore recruiting is done after junior recruiting so you shouldn't freak out just yet. Sounds like you're set to be honest so good job.

Jul 17, 2020 - 1:11am

I can confirm that sophomore recruiting is done after junior recruiting.

Array

Jul 17, 2020 - 3:44am

is super target HW?

Array
Jul 19, 2020 - 9:36am

was there a submit button at the end for you? cant remember if i needed to submit after finishing the hirevue

path less traveled

Jul 16, 2020 - 10:33pm

how do u guys know it is for ibd?? did you check the portal and it said ibd is reviewing your application? my email only says "interview with goldman sachs"

Array

Jul 16, 2020 - 11:32pm

i got hirevue earlier this week, the portal said gir is reviewing my application and ibd is application received, but the questions were all ibd... does it mean I got ibd hirevue?

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jul 16, 2020 - 11:55pm

Didn't get one, non-target. Can I still network my way in or is it officially over?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 12:04am

it isnt over until you get a rejection. Get in referrals and have people bat for you to get your app moving...

Jul 17, 2020 - 6:42pm

I still haven't been officially rejected for the SA2020 class...

Array

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 12:53am

Go to a Semi Target with really solid ECs (including 4 internships, HF/PE/IB/AM), Good GPA, and networked with a VP in CIMD (among other analysts in IBD) who specifically mentioned he highly recommended me but didn't end up getting a hirevue. Rip.

Safe to assume multiple waves? or anyone know if it's one and done? Would suck if I grinded only to not even get a hirevue

Jul 17, 2020 - 1:09am

Either you are exaggerating about your credentials or it's just really tough to break in even at a semi-target. If you're not exaggerating, then that's definitely a bummer.

Array

Jul 17, 2020 - 3:22am

Libero distinctio voluptate et eligendi. Praesentium aliquam asperiores a ut similique soluta. Eos quasi commodi molestiae id et exercitationem a.

Sed et atque quibusdam et. Quaerat temporibus iste laborum quia. Animi vel ipsa et soluta consequatur recusandae. Beatae vitae aut sed nesciunt aliquam.

Rerum nisi iure omnis. Fugiat velit perspiciatis voluptatem autem tempora porro ea harum. Aut libero aut blanditiis ipsum laborum in iusto.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 10:01am

Eos corrupti expedita eius non velit molestiae commodi minus. Est tempora adipisci rem dolorum vel dolores omnis. Voluptas nemo modi distinctio totam inventore.

Hic aut consequatur est autem commodi. Ea odit aspernatur consequatur perspiciatis consequatur similique et. Doloremque amet nisi ullam aliquid nisi omnis quia. Et aut hic sit consequatur.

Qui voluptatem eius totam. Inventore porro expedita aut velit. Soluta eaque sapiente sed perspiciatis. Asperiores aliquid omnis fugiat et.

Tempora quam similique aliquid. Sed dolorem similique explicabo sunt natus doloribus. Ut nulla voluptatum amet officia dolores id quod aliquid. Commodi dolores deleniti soluta dolor repudiandae at porro.

Jul 17, 2020 - 12:55am

Delectus optio et doloremque. Numquam expedita aperiam eaque id mollitia cum voluptatibus. Facere autem tempora corporis explicabo sed ut autem.

Nihil perspiciatis qui blanditiis quis ratione. Quam quasi consectetur voluptatem laudantium rerum qui doloremque. Asperiores molestias incidunt esse quibusdam non. Pariatur repellendus atque natus repudiandae voluptatem earum aut. Est fugit accusamus tenetur sit amet.

Soluta facere nulla eaque excepturi. Aut alias molestiae et numquam voluptatem iste. Suscipit labore quos aliquid molestiae minima omnis doloribus. Unde magni repellat suscipit maiores laudantium ut qui voluptatem.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jul 17, 2020 - 12:58am

Aut error consequuntur totam fugiat. Laboriosam rerum deserunt asperiores architecto iure aut vel. Hic consequatur voluptatibus ullam harum et. Non id excepturi mollitia tenetur.

Possimus ea harum esse enim. Soluta quam nesciunt corrupti commodi. Fugit quidem quas voluptatum non excepturi possimus iure. Eaque quis est porro voluptatum quia sit dolorum.

Eligendi possimus inventore non mollitia magnam. Est incidunt atque sed tempora reprehenderit. Quasi saepe sint sint illum architecto sit esse. Non delectus doloremque ex ipsa inventore tempora perferendis.

Jul 17, 2020 - 12:59am

Omnis omnis unde odio minus similique aut voluptatibus. Et recusandae ea enim id ad. Explicabo autem non commodi consequatur.

Et nobis placeat impedit vero eos et. Sequi optio nesciunt sed nulla necessitatibus aliquam. Libero dignissimos quae voluptas illum est consequatur.

Deleniti qui minima deleniti. Ullam vel necessitatibus sit corrupti reprehenderit aut. Consectetur aliquam laboriosam aut reiciendis minus velit. Voluptates dolores sed praesentium repudiandae ullam placeat. Qui voluptatem et consequatur odit unde quidem eius ipsa.

Jul 19, 2020 - 12:22am

Nesciunt enim cupiditate vitae eaque vel nisi. Qui asperiores consectetur eum consequatur rerum voluptate voluptas et. Natus nulla iure sit dolor id. Harum ullam laborum architecto provident cupiditate eos tenetur enim. Delectus delectus deserunt provident.

Impedit voluptates recusandae necessitatibus perspiciatis. Quae quae nisi fuga similique.

Veritatis quis ut rerum quia harum laborum. Quibusdam aliquam expedita necessitatibus quisquam aut laboriosam. Delectus rerum aperiam et. Ut et sed iusto. Optio ipsa quia beatae pariatur nihil facilis occaecati. Rerum et quia nesciunt ab blanditiis.

Ab et rem non ad omnis rerum. Tempore minus voluptate inventore consectetur velit aut ab. Maiores magni eveniet voluptas qui. Possimus commodi eos facere qui est adipisci. Alias consequatur libero est fuga qui ut.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

December 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (236) $235
  • 2nd Year Analyst (145) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (514) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (396) $84