goldman sachs ibd superday 2022

I applied aug 2nd, received the HV aug 6, submitted aug 9 and got a superday invite yesterday the 12th. Please shed some light on how the interview takes place, is it group interview, lots of technicals, etc? I havent seen many threads about it. 

3 20-min interviews, either 2v1 or 1v1 with generally associates to MDs. more behavioral heavy than technicals based on past feedback.

Most Helpful

I used the WSO guide for technicals and was asked only the basics (e.g. walk me through a dcf, what are different valuation methods and when would you use them, how do the financial statements flow kinda thing). Behaviorals I practiced by just... practicing. I had a friend who was also going through recruiting at the same time and we did mock interviews with each other every week for a couple months earlier this year and gave each other a lot of feedback. I loosely use the star method for my answers and got insight into the firm through networking to understand and speak to fit.

I also got dinged in early recruiting or for diversity programs (I'm a woman) by like five other firms before getting my GS superday/offer, so I actually was able to understand how GS was different and speak to that in my interviews, plus got to see where my technical knowledge wasn't up to par and what behavioral answers landed or didn't with interviewers from some of those firms. I kept an open mind about those rejections and stayed curious about where I could improve rather than getting defeated or angry. By the time I got to superday stage with GS I felt like I was in a good spot to succeed. I did cram technicals for like two days before my interview tho lmao 

Imo the most important question you're asked is always the first: tell me about yourself. Hone the fuck out of your elevator pitch. Consistency is key. 

Quis adipisci nemo nesciunt asperiores vel. Incidunt minima et odit aliquam ad. Inventore eveniet distinctio dolores sed corrupti aliquid et ut.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
bolo up's picture
bolo up
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”