I'm interviewing with Goldman's currently, but not in M&A. I need to have a decent knowledge of valuation methods and know that Goldman's don;t really use the. In this case what do they use to value companies? / etc.?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis Investment Banking Resume Template for undergraduate students, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in investment banking.
For those of you looking to make sure your CV...+90 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Although working as an investment banking analyst was a living hell at the time, I now look back at my years with nostalgia. Luckily, as time passes, the 100 hour weeks just blend together and the pain has gone away. Of course, I'm still irrationally uncomfortable and nervous whenever I see...+52 by SanityCheck in Blog
- I went to an interview and was asked to tell a joke. I told a simple one.
How would you respond?
Mod Note (Andy): See more jokes in this thread from 2017: https://www.wallstreetoasis.com/forums/interview-questions-tell-me-a-joke+38 by myPuppyVictoria in JOB
- I just finished reading the book Pedigree: How Elite Students Get Elite Jobs (Princeton University Press), which was written by Lauren Rivera, a professor at the Kellogg School of Management. She spent time in the recruiting process at several elite consulting/banking firms to research into how...+25 by Lloyd BIankfein in OFF
- Wow. This study just came out. It confirms that college admissions is indeed discriminatory against Asian-American applicants. The following quote is mind blowing.
"Hypothetically, all other factors being equal, if the typical white applicant admitted to an elite private school had an...+23 by Dances With Newfoundland in OFF
- Hi all,
Throwaway account to try and keep identity as anonymous as possible. Going to share my experience as I'm starting my BB SA gig this summer in a top coverage group, doing it coming from a non-target school with an average GPA (~3.5).
I came to school to study something...+22 by herzyherzy in IB
- Just curious. If someone wasn't worried about comp, wasn't worried about fast progression, wasn't worried about sector, just liked the work of PE and wanted to have the best lifestyle possible, which shops would you recommend? Do they tend to be clustered places like Denver, LA,...+21 by Making Gravy in PE
- I have heard on some threads here and in general that PE jobs can get stale and boring, of course every job has its shit days but the nature of PE is long term concentrated investing. Do you consider your job in PE interesting and intellectually stimulating?+20 by Wolfofgeorgestreet in PE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- May28Webinar: How to Prep for a PE Megafund Interview -- 9pm ET, 5/28/189:00 to 10:00 EDT Online
- May29Podcast: Pioneering investing, blogging and women in tech -- Joanne Wilson -- 5/29/1812:00 to 1:00 EDT Online
- May29Webinar: Hedge Fund Case - ITV, a European Broadcaster - Value Trap? -- 6pm ET, 5/29/186:00 to 7:00 EDT Online
- May30Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 5/30-6/18:00 to 5:00 EDT New York, NY