Advice for junior Graduating in 2022, wondering if I can still get an IB internship as a graduating senior

I took a summer internship in corporate banking this year (junior year) and was going to try for SA or FT positions in IB my senior year. For some reason I finally realized that IB's generally don't extend these offers to graduating seniors with no prior IB experience. Wondering what my chances are to make it happen and if you all have any advice. 

Background:

From a non-target university, 3.7 GPA finance and economics, two years in my schools investment club, will probably get to be on management my senior year, and my only experience will be in corporate banking which will be this summer. 

I could graduate this year and maybe look for FT positions in the fall instead, but I was going to try for IB my senior year and just finish my economics major and study for the GMAT. 

Thanks

One thing you can try is let the firm know you’re wanting to do a master’s program. You may be able to SA in the summer after your senior year. I’ve heard of a few people making this work.

PGA

If you say you're planning to do one and don't, your FT offer will be rescinded. The offer is based on you having another year of school.

Extending graduation (even one semester is fine) or doing a master's program is your best bet. 3.7 with corp banking internship would be competitive for SA 2022 but you need to get networking ASAP as that starts up soon

COIVD. Is nobody at your school taking a gap semester because they feel as though they're getting ripped off financially, academically, and socially?

Don't want to give false information or fuck you over so correct me if I'm wrong guys. But I don't think anyone really cares as long as you're able to do the internship and start working as a full-time analyst in 2023. I don't see anything wrong with graduating right before your SA, taking a year off, and then starting FT next year. 

Corrupti porro ut omnis magnam dolorem ut autem. Aut doloribus reiciendis nobis sit. Ut ratione nobis eos quo ut quae.

Est dolores est magnam animi consequatur voluptas et. Corrupti quis quas et.

Velit pariatur aperiam sit ipsam doloremque libero et. Illo ea fuga velit.

Dolores unde harum provident placeat. Hic dolorem quia laborum qui consectetur. Itaque pariatur numquam repellendus dolorem reiciendis. Ea eius minus labore laborum animi beatae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Kenny_Powers_CFA's picture
Kenny_Powers_CFA
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”