GS Chi/SF vs DB NY, SA 2011

First time poster, long time reader.

Thoughts on these two offers? The GS office is one of their better regional offices (SF/Chi)...both IBD of course.

Looking for the offer that leaves the most and biggest doors open. GS would be an easy pick but Im not sure about their policy on transferring a year or so in is.

Comments (9)

Feb 21, 2011

I'd pick GS, no brainer. If in SF and TMT, again, not even close. The Chicago office is also very strong.

Feb 21, 2011

Which GS office is your offer for?

Feb 21, 2011

Is this a serious question? Obviously GS, I actually have spoken to people from both offices and they are extremely bright and the culture is great. Also have a friend who interned in the Chicago office and loved it.

Feb 21, 2011

Do you want to be in NY? It is going to be harder to switch to NYC FT if you are in a regional office. Congrats on the offers.

Feb 21, 2011

so a regional GS is that much more prestigious/better experience/dealflow than DB? I suppose it makes sense because regionals have some of GS's better groups (TMT FIG Industrials)

Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

Feb 21, 2011
Feb 21, 2011

lol I love that clip

Feb 21, 2011

gs no doubt

Feb 21, 2011
Comment