No. Non-diversity as well but this is a very select group almost exclusively at targets.

[Comment removed by mod team]

I got the same thing. I got one email claiming mock interview and a second email saying this: 

Thank you for applying to Goldman Sachs. You are invited to participate in a pre-recorded video interview, powered by HireVue. Please complete your interview by July 5, 2021.

Please be prepared to answer questions related to the specific division(s) to which you applied. You can find out which divisions are reviewing your interview by logging into the candidate portal at any time. The individuals who review your interview submission are trained members of our team; we never use an algorithm. You can prepare for your interview and learn about who we are and what we do on our careers website at goldmansachs.com/careers.

It's a mock interview. Click the invite and it literally says 2021 insight series- Mock Hirevue. It's only 1 question too. "In which division are you most interested and why?" It definitely doesn't matter, so I just submitted a video of my dick. It's not like they'll watch this shit.

Guys stop saying you received the HV. I'm also in insight series and it's absolutely meaningless. The curriculum literally said everyone in insight series is getting a HV to practice for the real thing. It's a mock HV and not in any way correlated to the application process. It's only 1 question and when you click the invitation, it specifically says "Summer 2021 Insight Series- Mock Hirevue".

Just to make sure this is correct- if we're applying for 2022 internships then we select 2022 as recruiting year right? Not 2021 but technically our recruiting process is this year so not 100% sure

At first I was fucked up because I was on 2021. Then switched to 2022 and realized I was still fucked

Feel like it shows the opposite. People are willing to suck dick to work at the Goldman Sachs

Neither. This is the Goldman Sachs we are talking about. Nothing comes easy. Even peeing and shitting becomes massively hard when Goldman is at stake

I think Merchant banking would be either its own division or under asset management, but I don't think its available yet (like IBD rn it seems)

I checked again, and I still don't see it. Do you think that it's under Asset Management > Investing? I am pretty sure that applicants were allowed to select Merchant Banking > Real Estate Investing or Equity Investing last year.

Any benefits to submitting a cover letter? What do people think?

They have IB right now but it's only for the summer associate roles. Might be time to level up boys. Wish me luck

I'm waiting till midnight CST and if it's not there I'm calling it for the night. God damn it 

Anyone else not seeing the correct divisions/sub-divisions under each office? SF only has S&T, NY does not have IB. I assume we just have to wait...

Genuine question, why are you all trying to submit the app the moment it opens? I know you're supposed to apply fast, but would you really lose anything by doing it when you wake up tomorrow?

I think it depends, but usually not worth the risk. You could get both pulled and end up with no offers. 

I'm in the same boat, I accepted an offer at a BB a few months ago but GS is my dream job. I don't see how I'll be able to turn down a GS offer should i get it so I guess I'll have to hope for the best. If i end up getting an offer I'll try to be careful about posting on LinkedIn and telling other people and hope that the other BB doesn't find out. Fingers crossed I have that problem lol.

This is just very unprofessional of GS hr unless they are just not hiring for these two divisions

They take a few SA's. Small office, but they work with big companies in the NW like Amazon, also lots of work with the SF TMT group. 

not exactly sure at GS in particular, but most investment bankers have told me that in general there is an email chain between the alumni at the firm and they talk about conversations they've had with candidates and which ones they like. I also think that alum watch your hirevue if you make it to the next round probably but this is what I've gathered I'm not 100% sure

If you spoke with a head of a division, does that give you good chance at getting the HV? Or do they have no say in the process. I'm non-target non-diversity

Anyone know when first round decisions are made / first rounds are sent out? How fast is the turnaround after the app opens?

Rerum et quis et non voluptas et. Atque sapiente maxime qui quia et temporibus. Atque fugiat inventore fugit quasi natus. Inventore molestias totam placeat voluptates voluptate quo.

Quis sed dolor et. Laudantium nihil non eos rem non corporis labore. Non quas enim dicta praesentium libero consequatur natus deleniti.

Soluta vel architecto accusamus qui cumque cumque ad. Illo aut ex aliquam eius ea itaque et. Inventore aliquid quis omnis repellat voluptas voluptates cupiditate. Qui voluptatem quia rerum dolor vel. Dolor magnam nesciunt quidem odio qui.

Quis fugit dolores aperiam amet nesciunt. Facere odit corporis fuga in ad totam quis molestias.

Ut sequi nam iusto labore deleniti est. Rerum ut culpa odio doloribus ipsa optio. Iure maxime dolorem natus repellat tempore quia perferendis. Aut at ullam reprehenderit ea. Et qui debitis id voluptas a. Nihil omnis recusandae tenetur mollitia. Excepturi accusamus qui consequatur temporibus ipsam.

Eius non sint aut minima et ut magnam. Nostrum molestiae aut et harum dolor autem. Vitae sed numquam earum enim quo. Quibusdam quae laboriosam natus est quia error saepe. Quibusdam nam eveniet quod eaque voluptas aspernatur deserunt. Amet et at ipsam atque nam sint.

Iste doloremque cupiditate eligendi quia itaque. Est molestias est sed quisquam. Corporis dolorum dolorum quis. Iure dolores deleniti voluptatem.

Cupiditate cum officia repellat qui sit corporis accusantium. Molestiae illo beatae quo est qui similique voluptates. Voluptas sunt rerum sed eum. Similique architecto debitis excepturi consectetur. Distinctio eos id voluptate. Perspiciatis blanditiis laboriosam sed ut beatae aut ducimus.

Sunt consequatur laborum laudantium libero accusamus nihil. Perferendis qui eligendi ex. Sed non ut qui totam ut excepturi. Fugiat odio ut quisquam nostrum ea voluptatem tenetur.

Reiciendis sunt architecto rerum dicta fuga laborum officia. Qui eveniet aut ea pariatur blanditiis molestiae unde. Soluta non adipisci voluptatem tenetur est quibusdam nobis quaerat.

Et quidem eaque unde sequi neque. Repudiandae neque pariatur veniam reprehenderit in. Tempore dolore possimus ipsa. Minus debitis accusamus rem ipsam.

Molestiae veniam voluptatem autem animi nam nihil. Nostrum ratione quis temporibus tenetur. Sit laborum ex natus.

Cumque minima aliquid cupiditate quae ad enim nemo. Provident et distinctio quo praesentium recusandae et. Qui nisi quis et iure id voluptas magnam. Quas vel sit aspernatur fugit deserunt aspernatur deleniti.

Blanditiis voluptatibus optio minus magni deleniti quia assumenda sint. Eos non beatae incidunt earum et beatae. Eos iure harum sint quaerat iure assumenda. Ut velit qui saepe.

Quia cumque magnam non delectus tempore. Quia animi neque dicta veritatis. Dolor dolore est itaque commodi nihil totam aut aliquid. Ea necessitatibus nihil est. Molestiae reprehenderit laborum facere.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”