GS SA 2021 Accelerated

Hi guys,

I got invited for accelerated with GS for SA 2021. I was wondering if anyone else got that mail and/or if anyone's been part of this process before. I couldn't find a thread for 2021, so I decided to make this one.

Some background info: I participated in their diversity events and received the invitation at the end May 2020.

WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (282)

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 31, 2020 - 7:33pm

Non diversity as well at a top target, couple of my other friends also got it. This is the first year to do this as far as I know.

May 31, 2020 - 7:26pm

Same here, I don't know what to expect. Do you know if we will be able to choose the division we want to interview for?

Array
May 31, 2020 - 7:28pm

I don't even know if it's location specific - like if it's just NY general interviews and we apply separately to other locations etc.

Is this the first year they've decided to accelerate diversity? maybe that's why there's no past posts for it

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
May 31, 2020 - 7:32pm

I'm a straight asian male that just got the email, I networked very hard at a target and was told this would happen. Apparently most of the process will be finishing through acceleration this year but some spots will be saved for regular applications.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 31, 2020 - 7:52pm

do you think today is the only time they invite people for the accelerated process? did they mention dates in the email? I have a really good connection with an analyst there whom I'll be speaking with tomorrow and I was wondering if I network in the next two weeks, can I get invited too?

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jun 1, 2020 - 12:39am

COVID screwing everything over and other banks simultaneously recruiting if i had to guess

Most Helpful
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
May 31, 2020 - 8:49pm

Specifically told to not share information about this process, extremely short application period to emphasize that it shouldn't be widely spread.

POSTS ON WSO ANYWAYS

It's a general app. You apply, hoping and praying for IBD, but you can just as easily be accepted into the accelerated human capital management process, or no accelerated process at all. Like any other process, it's 99% preparation and 110% luck.

It's not an open application for everyone, and it will almost certainly look bad on your end if you apply to this because they see who got invites and will know you didn't but that you applied anyways. Don't panic, I'm 99% positive that most of the invites went to their diversity candidates who went through their diversity program. They will have PLENTY of spots after the accelerated process because Goldman is FREAKING HUGE and they don't have enough candidates from the diversity programs that specifically want IBD that are qualified for IBD to fill every spot. Many of the candidates wanted other roles, like GSAM or engineering. Calm down guys, you'll still have the typical 2% chance of getting in like the rest of us, it's just a question of timing for the offer.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
May 31, 2020 - 11:02pm

Anyone get something for SF? Went through virtual insight day for west coast but haven't received anything

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jun 1, 2020 - 12:37am

Did everyone from the undergraduate camp automatically get invites?

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jun 1, 2020 - 2:43pm

Hey except for the one who got the invite because of md/vp connection, did anyone else from nontarget get the invite?

Context: nontarget here who attended a diversity event and insight day but didn't hear anything

Jun 2, 2020 - 4:12pm

Invites for IB Superday went out, friend got one. Not sure if there will only be one. Seems quite fast given they said the would reach out in the following weeks to ask for preferences.

Jun 2, 2020 - 8:13pm

I haven't received a Superday invite and I received the email to apply early. Do you think I am dinged or there will be more rounds? Perhaps after they send out the preference questions. Did you receive a Superday invite?

• Intern in IB - Restr
Jun 3, 2020 - 1:17pm

that'd be pretty savage. I dont see why they would tell you to apply early then. Haven't they already seen your resume?

• Intern in IB - Cov
Jun 8, 2020 - 3:37pm

wondering the same thing. I've been back and forth with multiple people from my school's recruiting team there over the past couple of weeks (semi-target) and they've been prepping me for the july 1 open

• Intern in IB - Restr
Jun 4, 2020 - 7:32pm

Just as technical. Its not even that early in the process in terms of recruiting. I dont see why it would be less technical just because its a month earlier

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 5, 2020 - 2:13pm

Does anyone know anything about the virtual insight series? Is this just another diversity feeder program?

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 5, 2020 - 2:31pm

Yes have heard some people from there were able to get a HireVue and then super day. I am referring to last year, not sure if any were able to get accelerated super days this month

Jun 5, 2020 - 2:51pm

I just got invited for the summer virtual insight series, but I definitely don't remember applying for it. Did anyone else get it? I didn't see a virtual insight summer selection process on the GS events page when I was registering for other webinars. I'm just trying to understand if they sent me someone else's email lol. I don't want them to rescind the offer haha.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 5, 2020 - 3:31pm

I just got into the Summer Insight Series as well! Apparently over 5000 people applied. I wonder how many people they selected?

From my understanding this program does have some parts of networking so that might be a good opportunity.

They asked us to fill out a survey where they asked about our preferences and whether we are applying on 1st July and so on and so forth.

• Prospect in IB - DCM
Jun 5, 2020 - 4:41pm

Got in to this as well, but not the accelerated process. Do you have any idea whether this is actually useful or not? I'm a non-diversity and non-target.

Jun 6, 2020 - 1:10pm

Where did you see the app for Summer insight series? I did the leadership camp and virtual insight series but not sure if this is a seperate program

Array
  • Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 5, 2020 - 6:24pm

wdym by Canadian? I'm not american and got an invite for acc. I don't think GS looks at nationality when sending out invites

• Prospect in Other
Jun 6, 2020 - 12:30am

Another Canadian here - did you get an interview or invite to the summer insight series? If you got an interview congrats .. did you network a lot or participate in the online events?

Jun 5, 2020 - 10:53pm

I attended the Undergraduate camp & virtual insights this year, and had a very close connection with an associate as well. is it still necessary to network with VP/MD to get my resume pushed? or I'm fine by attending diversity + get pushed by an associate

Array

Jun 6, 2020 - 12:20am

no not for accelerated. i'm from a non target so it would be more feasible to be in the regular pool

Array

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 6, 2020 - 3:17am

Anyone here have any insight on how many offers SF gave out yesterday/how many interviewed? I interviewed but didn't get it.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 6, 2020 - 3:57am

What did they say? I'd say it's safe to assume that they didn't have enough space if they told you to apply later in the summer.

They told me that everyone loved talking to me but unfortunately it was an extremely competitive process with very few spots and that they encourage me to apply again on July 1st. Hence why I'm wondering how many spots they had and how many people they interviewed.

Jun 10, 2020 - 6:57pm

Have you gotten the email? I also haven't received the confirmation email

Array
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 10, 2020 - 3:44pm

Thanks for the info. Yeah, hopefully the headcounts are not too tight for this round yet.

• Prospect in IB - Gen
Jun 10, 2020 - 6:22pm

Super days for IBD? I think everyone interviewed today unless you were unable to. They said they were interviewing 50 today

• Prospect in 
Jun 10, 2020 - 11:05pm

does gs typically extend same-day offers for accelerated ib superdays? i heard that most banks called back the same day, but i did see that a lot of gs candidates received offers the day after. is there a reason for the delay?

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 11, 2020 - 6:09pm

Nope. This wasn't an "accelerated process", it was an "exploratory programs" process. They aren't bending on their rules.

Jun 12, 2020 - 4:43pm

Perspiciatis accusantium quae dolor maiores ut rerum commodi. Pariatur quo reiciendis ut et. Nemo autem et vitae quia sed. Illo dignissimos architecto deleniti nihil nesciunt rerum qui quasi. Est alias alias vero dolorem non.

Minus optio soluta et earum iusto. Dolorem repudiandae explicabo officia. Sunt aut natus itaque veritatis quos.

Iure repellat non voluptates aperiam. Est soluta eos minima dolorum. Quia veritatis officia aut alias et. Magni non explicabo quis atque adipisci explicabo eaque.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jun 11, 2020 - 5:27pm

Natus ullam voluptatem deleniti et. Minus veniam molestiae laborum consequatur. Suscipit natus debitis non consequatur enim voluptate sed sint. Hic molestiae quo qui quo. Occaecati pariatur aliquid sapiente est ut eaque magnam. Quis cupiditate autem velit est.

At vel qui aut et blanditiis natus. Et in facere repellat. Corrupti eos reprehenderit qui id voluptate.

• Prospect in IB - Cov
Jun 11, 2020 - 5:46pm

Quis veniam ut sunt porro ipsa aspernatur aliquid. Dolores sapiente quia eum in hic.

Maxime repellendus velit eum nam ea. Dolor fuga aut ut. Odio culpa explicabo soluta placeat eum. Consequatur velit qui ducimus ratione accusantium. Ratione architecto ut sit repellat aut totam.

Sit sequi nobis atque tempora libero et eaque ratione. Aliquid accusantium et voluptatem nulla natus at et. Rerum saepe earum officiis et nam ea architecto. Aut corrupti nobis et ut est asperiores sit sed. Totam sed recusandae unde voluptate.

• Intern in IB - Restr
Jun 11, 2020 - 5:54pm

Ullam debitis tempora quasi occaecati. Commodi odio eveniet atque rerum. Voluptatibus ratione eos est excepturi odit id ut. Eius consequuntur eaque quae et quis. Tenetur voluptas aspernatur harum voluptatibus blanditiis dicta non veritatis.

Placeat incidunt voluptatibus quis assumenda. Enim vitae veniam aut iure aut. Corporis deleniti voluptas id adipisci. Dicta et nobis quia ea qui cum.

Numquam esse nulla qui dolor optio nobis. Magnam voluptatibus nobis sapiente sint. Aut et optio temporibus et nisi molestiae quisquam. Exercitationem ut consequatur et enim dolor est rerum. Illo quia placeat mollitia expedita occaecati est.

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Jun 11, 2020 - 5:56pm

Blanditiis error neque voluptate ut deleniti. Mollitia rem voluptas rem qui libero aut. Autem minus velit occaecati ad quidem pariatur. Ad voluptatibus veniam distinctio distinctio. Reprehenderit eaque aut autem exercitationem. Repellendus ut id reiciendis libero.

Doloribus numquam sed suscipit quibusdam ad molestiae ut. Et dolor nulla voluptatibus sed vel. Dicta nulla impedit nam id quis est voluptas sed. A consequatur accusamus esse rerum quis aut facere. Suscipit dolorem doloremque ab et. Fugiat est sunt labore in.

Ut illo dolore blanditiis praesentium ab qui sit. Doloribus dolore labore cum eaque ut ratione. Omnis id inventore eligendi quisquam est. Voluptates voluptas voluptatem hic facilis necessitatibus minima. Iusto vero quam quis ipsam nostrum voluptas. Quod hic dolores quia eaque dolorem. Quos at sunt ut fuga omnis et.

Sunt corporis ducimus aliquid vitae velit cum. Tenetur sit aut corporis quisquam omnis eos. Quasi placeat sunt natus dolores.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

November 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (40) $360
  • Associates (234) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (144) $156
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (34) $154
  • Intern/Summer Associate (107) $146
  • 1st Year Analyst (514) $136
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (394) $84