GS TMT, MS M&A, Elite Boutiques (GHL, Laz, etc.), PE (BX, Bain Cap, etc.)

Out of curiosity, does a high-achieving Dartmouth student (3.9+, summa cum laude) have a shot at these groups and firms?

Comments (19)

 
12/16/10
Learn More

7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. The WSO Investment Banking Interview Prep Course has everything you'll ever need to start your career on Wall Street. Technical, Behavioral and Networking Courses + 2 Bonus Modules. Learn more.

 
12/16/10
 
12/16/10

Sorry for the apparently dumb question. I was reading that only the top H/W kids get these slots, but I now know that's not true. I just wanted to ensure that hailing from Dartmouth wouldn't handicap me.

 
12/17/10

you might be able to land a spot as an executive assistant in one of those groups coming from dartmouth with a 3.9

 
12/17/10
twilightgirl wrote:

you might be able to land a spot as an executive assistant in one of those groups coming from dartmouth with a 3.9

you might wana go back to kitchen

 
12/17/10

why can't i post pictures wtf

 
12/17/10

This post is an embarrassment for all the Dartmouth folks who read this board hah.

 
12/17/10

blastoise make sure you put full HTML (click input format) and you gotta use the way

 
12/17/10

nm i now have the power to use pictures yay ty would give u sb but i dont got nones

 
12/17/10

dont listen to these haters.

a dartmouth 3.9 UG is as good as harvard / yale / princeton 3.9

Difference between those schools is insignificant. Additionally, if i am to believe you are indeed overachiever, even better.

darmouth / harvard = lexus / benz, repectively. Its not maza / benz.

go for it.

 
12/17/10
Don Corleone wrote:

dont listen to these haters.

a dartmouth 3.9 UG is as good as harvard / yale / princeton 3.9

Difference between those schools is insignificant. Additionally, if i am to believe you are indeed overachiever, even better.

darmouth / harvard = lexus / benz, repectively. Its not maza / benz.

go for it.

For a Private Equity Vice President, your ability to write and spell sucks ass

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

 
12/17/10
happypantsmcgee wrote:
Don Corleone wrote:

dont listen to these haters.

a dartmouth 3.9 UG is as good as harvard / yale / princeton 3.9

Difference between those schools is insignificant. Additionally, if i am to believe you are indeed overachiever, even better.

darmouth / harvard = lexus / benz, repectively. Its not maza / benz.

go for it.

For a Private Equity Vice President, your ability to write and spell sucks ass

I'm sorry I didnt realize I was supposed to write in perfect grammar. Plus, they gave me couple of fresh monkeys like you to to write shit for me.

 
12/17/10
Don Corleone wrote:
happypantsmcgee wrote:
Don Corleone wrote:

dont listen to these haters.

a dartmouth 3.9 UG is as good as harvard / yale / princeton 3.9

Difference between those schools is insignificant. Additionally, if i am to believe you are indeed overachiever, even better.

darmouth / harvard = lexus / benz, repectively. Its not maza / benz.

go for it.

For a Private Equity Vice President, your ability to write and spell sucks ass

I'm sorry I didnt realize I was supposed to write in perfect grammar. Plus, they gave me couple of fresh monkeys like you to to write shit for me.

haha just make sure you use one as an foot-rest...its way more demeaning than making them write for you.

Funny story: Place where my buddy worked there was a PM that had just gotten an iPhone but he was having trouble with texting. He got so frustrated that for about a week after he first got it that he made his assistant type his texts.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

 
12/17/10

1-Click to Unlock All Comments - 100% FREE

Why do I need to be signed in?
WSO is a knowledge-sharing community that depends on everyone being able to pitch in when they know something.
+ Bonus: 6 Free Financial Modeling Lessons with 1-Click Signup ($199 value)