Harris Williams M&A Boot Camp 2022

I don't think they start the process for the bootcamp in until the fall.

From what I could find, they only have 5 core schools for the program: W&L, UNC, Vanderbilt, UVA, and U of Richmond. How hard is it to recruit for this program if you don't go to one of those schools?

Also, from looking on LinkedIn, it seems almost everybody who did the program had a did their normal SA at a comparable bank with nobody from top BBs besides a couple of BofA LevFin kids. Do they ignore kids who are likely to reject a HW FTO based on the prestige of the other bank?
Anyway, I didn't see a thread for this years program yet, so I thought I'd make one. Here's a link to where I found the core school information: https://issuu.com/jasonstpeter/docs/hw-bootcampbr…

Hey Intern in IB - Ind, I'm the WSO Monkey Bot and I'm here since nobody responded to your topic! Bummer...could just be unlucky but one of these topics will help shed some light:

More suggestions...

If those topics were completely useless, don't blame me, blame my programmers...

I'm an AI bot trained on the most helpful WSO content across 17+ years.

You can apply to both. If anyone has gotten in the bootcamp from a school apart from their feeders, any advice ? I doubt any of you guys will be in here but just checking lol. Seems like it was a shitshow from last years post… so not being too hopeful, I think they’ll really favor those feeder kids for their boot camp.

Saw this at the top of recent threads in the IB forum, and just decided to provide some additional info to what OP posted. For context, I did the Bootcamp as well as a BB SA and decided to return to the BB.

1. I believe those 5 core schools are correct. HW still takes a decent number of non-core students each year, and the key is networking. From what I've heard, they usually do a fair bit of FT recruiting, especially the past couple of years due to how fast they've been growing, and they're a lot more open to nontarget students for their FT application. In regards to recruiting as a nontarget, it's not hard at all if you networked (I came from a nontarget). HW is really big on fit so that's why networking is so important for nontargets; they're able to somewhat gauge fit before interviews at their core schools as they usually do on-campus info sessions and coffee chats.

2. Completely false. HW loves to see you have another IB internship on your resume, and the stronger the bank the more HW likes it. HW does not give two shits about their Bootcamp return rate and definitely doesn't yield protect, which I think speaks a lot to their culture. Just from my Bootcamp, I remember more than a handful of people spending their summers at BB IB, a handful at BB S&T, and a number at EBs (Evercore, Moelis, Lazard, PJT). LinkedIn isn't really representative of Bootcamp alumni who chose not to return because a lot of people remove the Bootcamp experience from their LinkedIns and don't show up.

Most Helpful

Honestly don't have enough good things to say about the culture. HW's selling point is their culture, and their culture is definitely very unique.

HW's analyst classes tend to be relatively homogeneous, for better or worse, and the majority of guys and girls there are of the Southern frat/srat type. HW really cares about recruiting genuinely nice people, and it really shows; the people there are almost nice to a weird point. If you're a part of greek life or have ever rushed, it's almost like how the frat brothers/srat sisters are on the first day of rush, where they're unnaturally kind and trying to make you feel welcome, except you soon realize that the people at HW don't really stop acting like that unlike in rush after they identify who they want after a few days lol. There aren't really any sharp elbows in office, and the seniors are genuinely very invested in you. Most of them have an open-door policy as well.

The hours are really tough due to the deal flow and how lean the firm is (if it weren't for the culture HW would definitely be in the running for the sweatiest bank). Combined with the fact that a lot of them are actually from the same background and that everyone lives in bum-fuck Richmond, the hours result in the analysts being really close. Analysts are genuine friends outside of work, and they often joke that the 2-3 years spent at HW is just 2 years of going through pledging together. It also makes recruiting great. HW has an implicit "2 or 3 and out" system where the vast majority of analysts choose to leave (although analysts can stay if they want and aren't pressured out), an the seniors and firm are very supportive about recruiting. Combined with how close the analysts are to each other, the culture from the top results in PE recruiting being a lot less excruciating.

Damn that sucks. At least you still have the EB SA to look forward to though. Just wondering, did you do on-campus coffee chats?

Any word on if they are still sending out Bootcamp interviews?

Spoke with one of the analysts and he said that they’re wrapping up their target school rounds and will most likely begin interviewing everyone else after

I'm at a non-target and one of my buddies had an interview about a week and a half ago

Been waiting for over a week to hear back, starting to stress

Recruiter told the person that interviewed yesterday that she would call back "in a week or so". Looks like they might still be completing some interviews. Might be till mid-November until everyone hears back.

I know comp is 100 for A1 but any idea on usual bonus numbers?

Repellat aut accusamus atque ut consequatur enim ut. Voluptas unde provident et illo. Ut et non fugit et aut. Dignissimos voluptatem officiis in quo nulla.

Voluptatem modi et aut quidem velit. Numquam libero ex possimus dolorem. Quia nobis blanditiis impedit enim corporis non blanditiis recusandae.

Ipsa quisquam omnis id a qui. Sunt illum quo rerum voluptatem culpa ea vitae ea. Nam illum perspiciatis voluptas. Non qui consectetur quo harum beatae deleniti sunt minima.

Soluta aut cumque inventore voluptates ea. Qui dignissimos sunt iure accusamus. Aut est cum ipsam. Iusto quis et inventore tenetur corporis autem. In vero et vel. Iusto reiciendis tempore dolor ea quam nobis. Accusantium aperiam incidunt necessitatibus magni et sed aliquam.

Qui aut reiciendis necessitatibus et ipsum. Deleniti ut dolor atque illo ab harum. Id ut quam qui voluptas earum repellat magnam.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”