What Does It Take To Get Into Harvard Business School?

What does it take to get into one of the best MBA programs in this world?

This is a question for those who actually were accepted into this prestigious program.

I've heard that they accept mostly consulting people from Bain and McKinsey who are trying to switch into IB or PE (or Maria Sharapovas of this world). How true is this?

From the few people that I know at HBS I'd say it helps if you have something unique about yourself. One of my mentors was an immigrant from South America and got into banking -> PE -> HBS -> PE and really was a different candidate than most of his peers who may be from the Northeast, went to Penn, worked in consulting, etc. Also would recommend joining any of those diversity programs that partner with B-schools. I think ML4T is one and I'm sure there are others. I have read on here that the 2+2 program prefers diversity candidates and non-business or econ majors. If you can, try to apply to SVMP.

Xepa probably knows a thing or two about HBS because he goes to a MBA business schools ">M7 and went to SVMP at HBS.

IlliniProgrammer:
Monty, I'm not sure you know Brady's situation. I don't think this helps.

We need to prove that anybody with a good attitude can get into a top five school. All this will prove to Brady is that you're "elite".

This is just not true. You can't just want something, you need to GET it for yourself.

Illnni, I respect your willingness to look beyond prestige and see how "Great" a candidate really is (I do the same), but sometime you take it too far. This is one of those times.

Really even with organizing events like the energy rodeo, and helping kids out with getting internships and being a successful trader.... i dont think you would be a longshot.......

I want a lady on the street, but a freak in the bed, Go Bucks!!

Interesting proposal. i don't think this bet really makes sense for me since I think you have a legit shot given your unique background and experience.

How about this. If i get into either HBS or Wharton, I will personally fork over roughly 3K for a trip for you and your wife. If I don't get in, nothing happens.

Getting into one of those schools will be so ecstatic and life changing that I would be glad to drop 3K on such a bet. It would easily be the happiest day of my life, and I would cry like a newborn baby.

Brady4MVP:
How about this. If i get into either HBS or Wharton, I will personally fork over roughly 3K for a trip for you and your wife. If I don't get in, nothing happens

nothing like a strong disincentive to get the juices flowing

Moving tonnes of product. Making fat stacks.

"Then."

You just got dinged, bro. No HBS for you.

The difference between successful people and others is largely a habit - a controlled habit of doing every task better, faster and more efficiently.

I like how brady gives up something for getting in. At least monty was up for giving something to the other guy for getting in. Brady sometimes I wonder man.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Odds

Monty Gets into top 5 3:2 Monty Gets into HBS 9:1 Brady Gets into top 5 4:3 Brady Gets into HBS 13:1

I'll make a book and cover up to 5k in bets.

Top 5 are based on USNWR 2011 Rankings and are as follows

Stanford HBS MIT UPenn Kellog/Booth (tied for 5th)

Odds updated because I can't do algebra

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Odds reflect some of the underlying info to the best of my ability.

Discussing the juice with my group now, trying to decide what's fair and by that I mean how badly I want money from WSO's users

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Assuming Brady is not a troll, his chances of getting into HBS are really slim, considering that he would be 32 years old at matriculation and given his overall profile. I'd give it a probability of less than 1%.

Pike:
Many of your speak on here as if you know each other personally. Is that truly the situation or just from what you have read/spoken about on WSO.

We all hang out and party in my strip club.

Follow the shit your fellow monkeys say @shitWSOsays Life is hard, it's even harder when you're stupid - John Wayne

Pike:
Many of your speak on here as if you know each other personally. Is that truly the situation or just from what you have read/spoken about on WSO.

I met Brady once. Within 30 seconds, he was telling me how great b-school is. I'll give it to him, he's persistent!

"I don't know how to explain to you that you should care about other people."

Will the futures be on Intrade?

"For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen."

Don't feel bad for me. Brady's a good guy to meet. I wish he drank more. This is coming from the guy that Frieds calls a "lightweight".

There are things that I have which are dealbreakers in friendships. Brady does not have any issues on those fronts. He's not arrogant. He can carry on an intelligent conversation about something we're all interested in.

Self-respect starts with self-knowledge and self-acceptance. It's something we're all working on and getting better at. If we knew exactly who we were and exactly where we wanted to go, and had already become the people we wanted to be, we wouldn't need friends.

^^^ Sure, Brady, but I think you can make it into Chicago next year. With a well-written essay, I'll put your odds at U of C at around 40-50%.

We need to talk some more about what really forms the basis of that and what you need to be working on right now to get ready for the re-apps this fall. Yes, you need to get started right now in January or February to be prepared for this fall.

IlliniProgrammer:
^^^ Sure, Brady, but I think you can make it into Chicago next year. With a well-written essay, I'll put your odds at U of C at around 40-50%.

We need to talk some more about what really forms the basis of that and what you need to be working on right now to get ready for the re-apps this fall. Yes, you need to get started right now in January or February to be prepared for this fall.

I hope you're right, bro. I think about b-school admissions every day, virtually every waking hour. Heck, I was on a date sunday night and was thinking about ways to improve my re-applications.

I have taken a different approach and just do everyting I enjoy.

I then plan to talk about that for my MBA essays....I rather talk about 1-2 things I 100% love and made some huge changes in then a bunch of fillers for MBA aps.

Two things I have done outside of work

1. Energy Rodeo
  2. Coached a hs baseball and created a college prep program for the team.

I didnt do them for MBA but I liked the idea and wanted to see if it could be done. I won and lost in both efforts but learned a ton

monty09:
I have taken a different approach and just do everyting I enjoy.

I then plan to talk about that for my MBA essays....I rather talk about 1-2 things I 100% love and made some huge changes in then a bunch of fillers for MBA aps.

Two things I have done outside of work

1. Energy Rodeo
  2. Coached a hs baseball and created a college prep program for the team.

I didnt do them for MBA but I liked the idea and wanted to see if it could be done. I won and lost in both efforts but learned a ton

Its almost like you're trying to be a good person and not worrying about what you get out of it...

IlliniProgrammer:
Hi everyone. Brady and I have discussed some things and he has decided to take a moratorium from WSO for 96 hours starting at Midnight.

If he comes back before then, please tell him that he needs to be working on his plans for this weekend.

Block his IP address for 96 hours.

IlliniProgrammer:
Hi everyone. Brady and I have discussed some things and he has decided to take a moratorium from WSO for 96 hours starting at Midnight.

If he comes back before then, please tell him that he needs to be working on his plans for this weekend.

He has already failed. It will take some serious effort to pull him away from WSO for multiple days.
CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

Thanks for the update, Brady! That thread was a good read. And re: the 'right' profile fot hbs...who know what they want...Seems too political and plain wrong. Too many ppl with extremely 'right' profiles didnt get in and totally opposite did. Doesnt make sense.

Lmar:
Thanks for the update, Brady! That thread was a good read. And re: the 'right' profile fot hbs...who know what they want...Seems too political and plain wrong. Too many ppl with extremely 'right' profiles didnt get in and totally opposite did. Doesnt make sense.

Elite MBA admissions is a politically correct process in which adcom officers blatantly discriminate against people of certain demographics and industry backgrounds. Unless you're a rockstar or downright unqualified, you just have to check the "right" boxes and tell "interesting" stories that make adcom jizz their pants.

Lmar:
Not only that, they put 'class diversity' waaaay above 'class quality', they really obsessed with it. Their pants jizz for wrong reasons most of the time.

Agree 100% with this. I have friends at MBA business schools">M7 schools right now, and they are appalled at the caliber of a lot of their classmates. They think mba admissions is a total joke.

monty09:
I do not regret things I didnt do

Interesting. Does it mean that you never revisit your past decisions- 'whatever done is done and so be it' and you dont take this approach- 'well, I prob should do it differently so I'll try another way this time'? Just cuirous.

I personally do not believe in too much woulda coulda shoulda analysis. The situation is what it is. You make the best decision based on the information you have in front of you, and then you own it. And at the end of the day, as Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius would say, we all turn to dust and are soon forgotten anyways.

Regardless, asking monty if he regrets not applying to HBS isn't quite like asking Bill Gates if he's sorry he dropped out of college, but it's within a few zeros of that.

I asked Monty about regretting (or not) not to go for mba in general (that was my understanding) but I appreciate your contribution anyway. Dont think that we should take Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius as a guiding light or authority though. But if you do, he had plenty of more positive statements. But it was a very long time ago, about 170 AD.......

The outcome of a MBA was presented to me so I took it. What do you do to b school anyway? The next job to put your career on a different path. What if that path is put on a platter minus the two years, missed income and loans?

Are you better? Worse?

Do I care about not having a MBA on my resume? Not at all

I honestly doubt I will ever use my resume again.

The outcome of a MBA was presented to me so I took it. What do you do to b school anyway? The next job to put your career on a different path. What if that path is put on a platter minus the two years, missed income and loans?

Are you better? Worse?

Do I care about not having a MBA on my resume? Not at all

I honestly doubt I will ever use my resume again.

Monty, of course in your case it's def better. Platter minus two years and no debt- pretty good outcome. I am on the fence on deciding about MBA and interested in others' experience.

Guyjer, you give some of the worst advice out of anyone here. A 20 point difference when you are already at a 680 is insignifcant. The original poster should be worried on writing knockout essays and highlighting his/her "wow: factor.

If his/her undergraduate gpa was lower than average, he should build an alternate transcript by taking some quantitative classes such as mico/macro econ, statistics, calculus and accounting to show his ability to handle quant. material.

Roller4Life:
Guyjer, you give some of the worst advice out of anyone here.
Hahahahahaha I am so sorry I do not have the wealth of exprience and knowledge that you have but hey it's my 2 cents so bugger off.

Thanks everyone for your comments...

Roller4life- My college GPA is below avg - 3.1 Pol Sci major. However, would the CFA charter sufficiently highlight quant abilities? What are my chances for 3rd round app?

Roller4Life:
Your 2 cents is giving people wrong advice. So shut your pie hole unless you know what your talking about which often isn't the case.

Your not even in ibanking for god's sake.

Awwwww taking your fustration on me. I don't mind, we all need to blow off a little steam but remind me your still in school just like me w/o even an internship. Dont be hypocritical it is unbecoming.

yeah but your advice is totally unrelated to IBanking. You have no first hand banking experience, you aren't even looking to get into the industry from your posts. Why the hell do you even waste your time on here? You probably are a social moron with the computer screen as your only friend

your a big tool. I can't even imagine how that friend of yours Eshan or whatever the hell his name is wanted to hang out with a moron like you. I did speak to him once briefly and he's a great kid. As far as I know he also got the call from JP Morgan.

Your going to be a glorified FMP intern and your not even getting into the program, but even if you do you aren't getting anywhere.

Have fun being stuck in the corporate world on the road to nowhere, I'm not wasting my time with you. End of discussion

Roller4Life:
your a big tool. I can't even imagine how that friend of yours Eshan or whatever the hell his name is wanted to hang out with a moron like you. I did speak to him once briefly and he's a great kid. As far as I know he also got the call from JP Morgan.

Your going to be a glorified FMP intern and your not even getting into the program, but even if you do you aren't getting anywhere.

Have fun being stuck in the corporate world on the road to nowhere, I'm not wasting my time with you. End of discussion

cool

good you finally decided to shutup and know your role. By the way you never answered my pm about where you go to school. Probably some garbage school with zero ibanking presence because the people are morons like you.

Roller4Life:
good you finally decided to shutup and know your role. By the way you never answered my pm about where you go to school. Probably some garbage school with zero ibanking presence because the people are morons like you.
Are you releived yet? becuase if you want you could keep posting if it makes you feel better

I'm relieved that I'm making this board better in terms of accurate advice that is being give,n out and making sure that idiots that have no first hand knowledge or desire to get into the investment banking industry such as yourself, don't pollute this forum with their senseless crap.

It's obvious you got to a nonsense school for the sole reason that you failed to respond regarding schools.

Have fun trying to get into ibanking.....your going to need it.

You elitist prick. This entire time I have been trying to let you off by sliding all of your personal attacks off my back but you don't seem when to give up.

First off you go to Miami, what kind of shit are you talking about my education when we all know people go to that school for South beach, football and bitches. So don't talk to me about pedigree. Also why should I tell you more any more personal information about me? You always post my PM on the public forum.

Don't give me this crap about polluting the forums either. In case I remember you had two posts on how long it would take to buy a house. What kind of garbage is that crap. In addition read the forum topics retard, most of them are under monkeying around. Also you make generalizations that just because you want ibanking that I want it to. Sorry I don’t spend my time drooling over a job in my sophomore year when I should be more focused on who I'm going to sleep with tonight. O yeah you degrade my previous experiences. Look at you; you don't even have any experience what so ever aside from working for your uncle. Right now it looks like you have nothing this summer since you are applying for commercial banking and spewing crap on the forum about will this work, will this work. Stop using me as an excuse for your inability to succeed at anything.

So have fun thinking of a response to this, it's Friday I'm going to enjoy my time before the grind.

First off, someone doesn't know when to stop giving stupid advice to people.

Secondly, yes, I'll admit it most people come to the University of Miami for South Beach, Football and girls. It is true that we have all three of those things you mentioned.

However, if you would take a minute to look at the statistics and rankings of the school provided by U.S. News you would see we are ranked #54 nationally right there with University of Maryland College Park, George Washington University, Boston U and UT Austin as our closest ranked schools.

We have an average SAT score of 1260, 2/3 of the incoming class was ranked in the top 10% of their high school class and we have a president that has already increased our rank 8 spots in the last 4 years and she is going to do more. We have already gotten the official okay that both Hillary Rodham Clinton and former President Bill Clinton along with former Vice-President Al Gore will all be coming to speak this year ALONE. Gore and Clinton will be here on back-to-back days.

Elite school, certainly not.....good school? well compare our numbers to whatever school you might be at and I can tell you that University of Miami is probably better.

You make ill-advised statements just as you ALWAYS have because you post without doing your research. Just look at my example above.

GE is a great company, don't get me wrong, but your speaking like your FMP intern stint or whatever it is that you do is as great as getting a job at a top BB and because you are at GE you are qualified to speak about ibanking firsthand. Your postion is simply not as prestigious or as competitive to get as top ibanking positions, I hate to burst your bubble. The pay is less, the future opportunities are not as great and you are basically going to be a middle-managing guy at GE or some other corporate company if you believe that the FMP will lead you to the corporate audit staff and future CFO or executive of a division.

If you don't have an interest in Ibanking then why the hell are you on this forum? its not called ibankingoasis for no reason.

If you keep thinking about who your going to sleep with instead of your career opportunities right now as a sophomore when next summer will be the most important summer of your pre-working life, then you are already not set out for ibanking and you will probably be a very mediocre guy in the corporate world, living in an average little house, driving an average little kia and shopping at Wal-Mart or Target.

You as my excuse??? I am trying to get into the damn industry realizing I'm not from a target school. I'll get into the industry alright and I will go somewhere too. You on the otherhand are obviously not at a target school because otherwise you would have mentioned it already and with your attitude, just kiss ibanking goodbye.

Now excuse me while I attend an evening at the Delano.

wow...quite an argument going...anyways, yeah your gmat is fine, a 20 point icnrease is pretyt insignificant. Dont quote me on this but your GPA might be the downfall. Obviously get some amazing essays in and I'd suggest writing about something that would make them really take notice.

i dont know if that 20 point is really that insignificant as everyone makes it out to be. the median score of HBS will definately be above 700. if he is a charterholder, it speaks volumes of his commitment to finance. with that being said, it is really no hassle to sit down for 3-6 hours for the GMAT again to prove his competency.

Well - the 680 is my second score. I overconfidently took the test blind and scored much lower at first. I needed a score to submit for an earlier round of application deadlines so I had no time to prepare. Then I got a book and studied second time around. Does taking the test 3 times hurt me?

I think how successful your business was and how long you ran it are important. They want your story and, like a previous poster said, your "wow" factor. Your own business definitely has that potential, it just depends on how you sell it.

It really depends what you want to do. I would strongly examine why you are going back to business school. Do you want to do ibanking, consulting, start another business, corporate, marketing, what? Depending on that you may consider setting your sights on a different school. The reason I say that is a lot of schools will value your 7 year of exp. and the fact that you aren't just another IB or MC analyst.

Harvard does value that exp. as well, but the people I have noticed who go there who have your profile unfortunately usually have higher scores, GPA, more prestigious school. Given that it is Harvard, it can get the mix of 23,24 and 27,28 year olds that it wants and it might be extremely challenging to get in. I still think that you have a great shot at a great school (Kellogg, Chicago, UCLA, Haas, Stern, etc.) assuming you do great essays etc but Harvard will be tough unless you can get some additional "wow" factor in there.

I understand where you are coming from because I too for a while set my sights on HBS or nothing, simply due to the pedigree, but I think it is more important to simply do well at whatever school you do go to.

I wouldn't shoot him down over the "prestige" of his education. Davidson's actually a pretty good school - called the "Princeton of the South" I believe. It's not ivy league, but I wouldn't say it's much worse than say Emory, Vanderbilt, etc.

Hey Dav3100, I appreciate you sticking up for Davidson, but its a better school than both Vandy and Emory.

According to US News 2007 Liberal Arts Rankings... 1. Williams College(MA)
2. Amherst College(MA)
3. Swarthmore College(PA)
4. Wellesley College(MA)
5. Middlebury College(VT)
6. Carleton College(MN)
7. Bowdoin College(ME)
7. Pomona College(CA)
9. Haverford College(PA)
10. Davidson College(NC)

Vandy and Emory are second tier Universities.

1. Princeton University(NJ)
  2. Harvard University(MA)
  3. Yale University(CT)
  4. California Institute of Technology
  5. Stanford University(CA)
  6. Massachusetts Inst. of Technology
  7. University of Pennsylvania
  8. Duke University(NC)
  9. Dartmouth College(NH)
  10. Columbia University(NY)
  11. University of Chicago
  12. Cornell University(NY)
  13. Washington University in St. Louis
  14. Northwestern University(IL)
  15. Brown University(RI)
  16. Johns Hopkins University(MD)
  17. Rice University(TX)
  18. Vanderbilt University(TN)
  19. Emory University(GA)
  20. University of Notre Dame(IN)

Make sure you explain why you opened a restaurant (pretty big switch in career choice from S&T). They are going to wonder why you got the CFA charter and then left S&T to open a restaurant. What's the purpose of the MBA...another career switch? Anyway, the essay explaining these choices has to be solid. Also, 20 points on the GMAT is a big deal if it brings you over the magic 700. Just for visual impact...it's worthwhile. I think HBS would be hard.

You'd better have something very unique on your application that impresses HBS.

I really don't think that a 20 point increase is going to do that much for you - 700 is probably still below HBS' median score. There's probably close to 1000 people who apply to HBS every year with scores of 700 or higher.

This is a popular website where applicants can post their GMAT and GPA for various schools: http://www.admissions411.com/

You can see the stats of people that have been admitted and people that have been denied.

OP n00b.

[quote]The HBS guys have MAD SWAGGER. They frequently wear their class jackets to boston bars, strutting and acting like they own the joint. They just ooze success, confidence, swagger, basically attributes of alpha males.[/quote]

For those who want cliffnotes on OP:

Title: "How to get into HBS"

Paragraph 1: "Guess what anonymous strangers, I went to HBS. Worship me. But I didn't work for the steewwpid corporate machine. Way too cool for that."

Paragraph 2: "Boston chicks are ugly (obvious). I now will reveal that I went to ASU undergrad, and am vastly overcompensating for this fact. Finance guys are lame, you all WISH you could aspire to be a fireman."

Rest of post: Unintelligible bullshit.

hankyfootball:

For those who want cliffnotes on OP:

Title: "How to get into HBS"

Paragraph 1: "Guess what anonymous strangers, I went to HBS. Worship me. But I didn't work for the steewwpid corporate machine. Way too cool for that."

Paragraph 2: "Boston chicks are ugly (obvious). I now will reveal that I went to ASU undergrad, and am vastly overcompensating for this fact. Finance guys are lame, you all WISH you could aspire to be a fireman."

Rest of post: Unintelligible bullshit.

Yes, I brag about going to HBS because I want random people on the internet to worship me.

Yeah, I went to ASU. Overcompensate? No, I think the Army SF gig was for overcompensation. ASU was for the in state tuition, because we all know your alma mater defines you.

If your Sherlock wit and analysis is representative of finance guys, yes, you're lame.

troll

I'm pretty sure the only reason I got in was because my work experience was shared by only 6 other guys in the class, not because I was intelligent or "elite" as Brady puts it. I think my posts here speak volumes in regards to my intelligence, or lack thereof

troll

This whole post is strange. Not sure why OP is posting here, HBS and retired military....trolling a student job site? Students assuming OP is necessarily a troll? And where is Brady anyway?

Get busy living

Most of the people here completely lost the point of these posts except UFOinsider. I always found him to be one of the more intelligent folk on here.

Yeah, I'm retired, but I retired fairly young and I still go around fueling fires for the kick of it. And everyone saying that anyone who bashes HBS is certainly a troll that went to Wharton is just proving my point on how superficial, self-important, and immature all of you are. Yeah, I'm immature for trolling a bit admittedly, but at least I know it is.

You don't think people who went to HBS have absolutely zero complaints, and if you do, you didn't go to HBS? LOL. I loved my time at HBS, and would attend it again and not attend classes or network just to make most WSO accuse me of trolling for Wharton, but I realize it's just a school, and it's just a degree at the end of it and nobody really cares. We poke fun at our school, we make fun of other schools, and most importantly, we make fun of ourselves for taking ourselves too seriously. Many of you on WSO have the self-important trait going, but then you're all about cuff links, escorts, whereyou went to school, and fake bench press numbers. It's like watching wannabe Patrick Batemans, but less interesting.

By the way, I was denied at Wharton. I didn't know anything about business schools or cared that much about rankings, but since my tuition was being picked up by someone else, I picked 10 of the most expensive programs I found on US News that also offered application fee waivers. Harvard was one exception that I actually wanted to shell out an application fee for because well, everyone knows Harvard and I thought it'd be pretty funny if I actually did get in, and how I could drop the "H-bomb" to people who deserve to get trolled or ridiculed, like many of you here.

troll

Foreman:

Most of the people here completely lost the point of these posts except UFOinsider. I always found him to be one of the more intelligent folk on here.

Yeah, I'm retired, but I retired fairly young and I still go around fueling fires for the kick of it. And everyone saying that anyone who bashes HBS is certainly a troll that went to Wharton is just proving my point on how superficial, self-important, and immature all of you are. Yeah, I'm immature for trolling a bit admittedly, but at least I know it is.

You don't think people who went to HBS have absolutely zero complaints, and if you do, you didn't go to HBS? LOL. I loved my time at HBS, and would attend it again and not attend classes or network just to make most WSO accuse me of trolling for Wharton, but I realize it's just a school, and it's just a degree at the end of it and nobody really cares. We poke fun at our school, we make fun of other schools, and most importantly, we make fun of ourselves for taking ourselves too seriously. Many of you on WSO have the self-important trait going, but then you're all about cuff links, escorts, whereyou went to school, and fake bench press numbers. It's like watching wannabe Patrick Batemans, but less interesting.

By the way, I was denied at Wharton. I didn't know anything about business schools or cared that much about rankings, but since my tuition was being picked up by someone else, I picked 10 of the most expensive programs I found on US News that also offered application fee waivers. Harvard was one exception that I actually wanted to shell out an application fee for because well, everyone knows Harvard and I thought it'd be pretty funny if I actually did get in, and how I could drop the "H-bomb" to people who deserve to get trolled or ridiculed, like many of you here.

OP is showing some top-tier faggotry in this thread.

Foreman:

Ok, you had me going with the first few points but completely bombed it later on.

OP, you're funny. Entertain us a bit more with your fantasy stories plz!!!!! We all wanna be military!!!!!!!!

[quote]The HBS guys have MAD SWAGGER. They frequently wear their class jackets to boston bars, strutting and acting like they own the joint. They just ooze success, confidence, swagger, basically attributes of alpha males.[/quote]

MI girls have STD's? Yeah, some probably do, but so do the people at HBS and Boston in general. If you think the girls in Ann Arbor aren't attractive, well, you're lost. You're like that "Would Not Bang" internet meme. Ray McKigney, where have you been all my life. I'll be your wingman and show you the error of your ways, but only if HH6 would let me out of the house at night.

troll

Foreman:

Long time lurker. As a HBS graduate years ago who retired young and never worked for corporate America (I was USAR SOF), I find his posts amusing. Yeah, I went to HBS, and went straight back into what I was doing before, with no added benefit of getting the degree. Honestly, even HKS would have been more in tune with what I was doing, or at least gone to Fuqua. I wouldn't need to rent and could have keep on living in my house in NC.

I might be a little late, but he's one of the best trolls and/or sociopaths ever. HIs posts saying that HBS were getting laid all the time, and how he would get all the time too if he only went to HBS. Dude, just go to Michigan, you'll have way hotter and open females (or males, as you're probably into that) there. Better yet, go to my undergrad alma mater, ASU. HBS or Boston isn't known for its chicks. And as if finance guys were ever considered chick magnets. It's not like you're a pilot, firefighter, SOF, or a SA. Even if you were, you don't go around dropping your job title o bank account, that's weak. I knew guys who had to throw their tab around to get laid, while most of us told chicks we were landscape specialists.

It's not directed to you, it's also for the finance people who all supposedly have 350+ bench presses at 170 but never squat, and the people who need a flirting manual.

Anyway, I could on life that you probably won't take, so I'll just post videos of people trolling and still picking up girls. These guys basically troll campuses or metropolitan areas. These are all youtube videos obviously

watch?v=lJEf_uNEdHI
watch?v=e3lUzGDAZNM
watch?v=pcNE3yx_3D8
watch?v=aw0zzXAXulg
watch?v=YjzOEEV_3WA

3/10 should have touted Devry those guys have ridiculous placement @ GS/BX/MS

speed boost blaze

Best Response

Low 700.

Well, unfortunately, my long weekend is over and it's back to the real world for me. You finance guys keep worrying about things like alpha/beta males (you're all beta males, you'll get eaten alive in NC), escorts and whine about not getting girls, and saying things like "holla back." Keep worrying about things like job titles and salary. Nobody outside Wall Street gives a shit. Only on WSO will you see people having doubts about marrying someone because they didn't come from an upper middle class background. Or getting hardons for a school. Or trying to bag escorts and saying worry about a woman's feelings is beta. Maybe 4chan. So WSO and 4chan are the lowest common denominators.

Watching you bicker, worrying about status, and claim that how your job, school, or background defines you as a person, then trying to point out how foolish it is, is exactly like trying to convince an Afghan that they're homosexual for sticking a penis in another man, which they adamantly will deny. Not the sticking the penis part, but being called a homosexual.

Before I go, here's basically a summary of the culture at WSO.

Rolex. Caviar. Yacht. Polo. Martha's Vineyard. Hamptons? Hamptons! PE! Escorts! Business Cards. HSW! M7!

troll

Foreman:

Low 700.

Well, unfortunately, my long weekend is over and it's back to the real world for me. You finance guys keep worrying about things like alpha/beta males (you're all beta males, you'll get eaten alive in NC), escorts and whine about not getting girls, and saying things like "holla back." Keep worrying about things like job titles and salary. Nobody outside Wall Street gives a shit. Only on WSO will you see people having doubts about marrying someone because they didn't come from an upper middle class background. Or getting hardons for a school. Or trying to bag escorts and saying worry about a woman's feelings is beta. Maybe 4chan. So WSO and 4chan are the lowest common denominators.

Watching you bicker, worrying about status, and claim that how your job, school, or background defines you as a person, then trying to point out how foolish it is, is exactly like trying to convince an Afghan that they're homosexual for sticking a penis in another man, which they adamantly will deny. Not the sticking the penis part, but being called a homosexual.

Before I go, here's basically a summary of the culture at WSO.

Rolex. Caviar. Yacht. Polo. Martha's Vineyard. Hamptons? Hamptons! PE! Escorts! Business Cards. HSW! M7!

pretty much

but question - r u mad that u went to hbs but only make as much as a 1st year analyst in back office ?

speed boost blaze

Ah shit, I forgot to ask how holla_back is doing in his applications and if he's applying to HBS. It is late for the earlier rounds, but if you want me to read your PS, just send it on over to me.

troll

GMAT will be important but becomes irrelevant after a certain metric. The driving force behind admission to any MBA program, but especially elite programs, and even more especially straight out of undergrad...and even more especially being just 20 years old....is why an mba, why here, why now. What do you bring to a class of very accomplished 26-30 year olds? What is an MBA going to help you achieve? What are recruiters supposed to do with you? I've always heard that 2+2 admits come almost exclusively from harvard/yale/princeton...the latter 2 less so than the former, though I'm not sure of the veracity of that claim.

Volunteering, languages, etc is pretty "meh" for MBA admissions unless you have done something remarkable OR you can elucidate how those experiences + an mba will help you reach your end goal.

Very low chances. On top of the horrendous (for HBS) GPA, 2+2 really isn't for internationals so much. Very few internationals get in in comparison to regular admissions.

Also assuming you're in one of the IITs, what's your GPA on the IIT GPA scale? Maybe that's better?

seedy underbelly:
Very low chances. On top of the horrendous (for HBS) GPA, 2+2 really isn't for internationals so much. Very few internationals get in in comparison to regular admissions.

Also assuming you're in one of the IITs, what's your GPA on the IIT GPA scale? Maybe that's better?

In terms of gpa, I dont know how hbs converts the scales but my score is freshman:6.8/10 rest:8/10 can you please tell me whats their conversion criteria...

also if I give the gmat again and get around 745...

Will both these things help my case or still I need to work on some grey areas like leadership issues. Suggstions invited...

IBDatBB:
What about 3.8 GPA at semi-target with 750 GMAT and BB full-time offer?

Is this competitive for HBS 2+2 admissions or is the benchmark significantly higher?

Seriously? You're good to go, bro. Still a crapshoot, though, so keep that in mind.

IBDatBB:
What about 3.8 GPA at semi-target with 750 GMAT and BB full-time offer?

Is this competitive for HBS 2+2 admissions or is the benchmark significantly higher?

I heard that HBS 2+2 program really like students that don't have a undergrad degree in business.

Other than that ur stats are really solid

I think it is even noted on the website of the program or in some letter by the dean that they primarily want to attract people from a non-business background.

I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars, buddy. A player. Or nothing. See my Blog & AMA

also dude you will be compared against other people from asia that will be applying and they might even have 800 on their GMAT. The talent pool that is coming from asia is ridiculous these days.

Repellat totam quis praesentium illo. Dolorem qui dignissimos animi commodi temporibus nobis dolor. Iste officiis officia voluptatem quia et molestiae. Ut omnis quibusdam magni fugit. Facilis ut omnis corrupti animi eveniet aut quasi. Sed enim hic illo quia accusamus similique.

Exercitationem ipsam quis exercitationem minima veritatis quibusdam ea labore. Voluptates quis magnam ex saepe eaque. Totam molestiae ducimus aspernatur neque ea.

Non culpa non quae et. Debitis cupiditate blanditiis placeat. Sed incidunt rerum aliquid tenetur quaerat. Voluptatibus nesciunt eveniet quia unde in ut non.

Qui dicta asperiores aut nobis aut quo est. Consequatur voluptatem sunt totam dolorum eos quia. Quo reprehenderit aut blanditiis eius velit eos aut. Nulla dolorem dicta possimus dolorem repellat.

Soluta eos nam labore. Possimus voluptatem beatae commodi ab quis. Iste aperiam ipsa nobis quisquam a rem perferendis quisquam. Pariatur temporibus omnis sit dignissimos placeat.

Facilis est autem culpa occaecati perspiciatis dolores quis vitae. Est fugit officiis voluptatum et culpa maiores ut. Eligendi similique est sed sunt corrupti laborum alias. Occaecati similique dicta voluptatum quo ut hic. Voluptatem aliquam doloremque quo incidunt. Sit asperiores consectetur veniam repellendus facilis. Autem alias et exercitationem eveniet repellendus.

Aut dignissimos delectus eum voluptatem ut voluptates. Quia quibusdam ad occaecati dolorem consequatur eaque. Dolor ut distinctio ut ut.

Delectus qui necessitatibus debitis et nihil. Explicabo libero quia eligendi amet ducimus a itaque eos. Occaecati soluta voluptatem sapiente aut. Repudiandae nihil eos eligendi asperiores deleniti omnis nisi.

Dolor totam veniam autem deleniti cum at esse. Placeat quidem ad omnis et commodi. Non quibusdam aliquam corporis voluptates.

Blanditiis aspernatur pariatur fugiat velit ad vel. Labore praesentium praesentium sequi alias ipsum sint. Et nemo corrupti et alias facere nobis. Ut reprehenderit minus voluptas necessitatibus. Aut accusamus ex dicta et quo recusandae.

Molestias fuga est velit ut non non cum. Impedit rem minus ut qui.

Et distinctio accusamus necessitatibus quibusdam. Accusantium suscipit consequatur architecto et delectus similique esse iusto. Labore sunt est quis qui maxime modi. Doloribus ipsa vitae laudantium vel quis expedita sunt.

Quia quia nisi quaerat aspernatur veritatis. Beatae facilis autem exercitationem dolorum et doloremque ratione veritatis. Quam quis repudiandae animi quas. Ipsa et asperiores a omnis. Eum asperiores recusandae blanditiis non.

Quo debitis laboriosam aspernatur molestias modi autem. Quo at illo et minus ab sint. Reiciendis quo sunt soluta qui saepe possimus quia.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
dosk17's picture
dosk17
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
kanon's picture
kanon
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”