I'm a non-target who's interviewed at two top-tier MM firms,SA
1) Interviewed nearly 4 weeks ago, I followed up after 2 weeks (told me they're still interviewing and I'm under consideration); after 3 weeks followed up again (said I'm definitely still in the mix and they're trying to figure out their game plan)
2) Interviewed last Friday (1 week from today) and I haven't received any news.
I have an offer outstanding but it was an informal verbal offer I "received" in January from someone very Senior. I told ^ #1 that I need to know the decision as soon as possible and was assured I'd know by the end of this week. I'd much prefer #1 or #2 if offered a position
It's almost 3:30pm here, every day I'm going nuts over when the heck I'm going to hear back from #1. #2 is a bit more understandable but even they're taking so long.
What do you guys think the deal is? #1 keeps dragging this along WAY too long and I'm desperate for a response. What should I do? Follow up again? What about #2?