Hey guys -- want to get people's perspectives on my chances at a top b-school. My ideal schools are H/S/W, MIT and Columbia
- Kenyan (came to the States from a brief schooling stint in London when i was about 12 years old)
- Varsity D-1 Athlete (Soccer)
- Ivy Undergrad
- Psychology Major
- 3.0 GPA
- 730 GMAT
- Really involved in extracurricular activities in undergrad (including being head of several organizations)
- Currently pursuing the CFA and CAIA
- 1.5 years work experience thus far working as an analyst at a long/short hedge fund in NYC
- Volunteer extensively at a food shelter in New Jersey and in a mentoring role at Big Brothers Big Sisters.
I am looking to apply next year or the year after (2011). So I will have either 3 or 4 years full time experience at matriculation.
Assuming I make some progress with the CFA and take an additional 2 or 3 classes in business-school type classes at Columbia or NYU at night, what are my chances at getting into H/S/W/, MIT or Columbia? Would they be improved by waiting an extra year and applying in 2011?
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount