Hi please review and I want honest cold hard truth thanks:
DUKE UNIVERSITY, THE FUQUA SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, Durham, NC
Master of Business Administration, May 2014. Concentration in Finance and Accounting.
Coursework: Managerial Accounting, Valuation and Fundamental Analysis, Financial Analysis
UNIVERSITY OF WESTERN ONTARIO, Richard Ivey School of Business, London, ON
Bachelor of Arts in Honours Business Administration, June 2007. 1st place in SABRE competition.
3rd place in Boston Consulting Internal Case Competition. Provided consultation for Career Edge Ltd.
WORK & LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
ABACUS RENEWABLES LLC, Chantilly, United States
• Utilized forecasting pro-forma models to ensure alignment with investment goals and led to a 5 megawatt investment in Poland based on IRR and Debt-Service Coverage Ratio.
• Analyzed contract and legal documents to ensure optimal delivery, price and minimal risk.
• Successfully negotiated electricity price by 25% and doubled period for Purchasing Agreement.
• Acquired company in Bulgaria to fulfill tax triangular simplification, saving $3M Euros in taxes.
Project Finance Intern [Feb 2013] – [Aug 2013]
UNILEVER, Taipei, Taiwan
Finance Management Trainee [Jul 2010] – [May 2012]
• Calculated return on investment for Hypermarket channels and projected payback period for new Vaseline SKU. As a result, achieved an increase in market share of 40% in 2010 per AC Nielson.
• Analyzed deodorant trends for male consumers and recommended pricing strategy for Axe brand in Greater China, improved total deodorant (Deo) profit margins by 10% with a sales growth of 50%.
• Forecasted and analyzed twelve-month P&L with revised templates, reduced variances by 60%.
• Calculated the cannibalization rate between Axe and Dove Deo and formulated shelving strategy.
• Developed spend reporting and completed financial analysis on actual vs forecasted spend.
• Reconciled general ledger and performed month end closing, identified and removed discrepancies.
Deloitte, Vancouver, Ontario
Staff Accountant II, Technology, Media and Telecommunications Division [Dec 2007] – [May 2010]
• Led team of 4 and supervised them through on-job-coaching to complete tasks ahead of schedule.
• Provided consultation to M-Flex and made tax reductions on expansion, saving company $10 M.
• Performed financial due diligence for foreign institutional investors in compliance with SOX.
• Estimated employee tax equalization costs and stock option taxes for multinational clients, and winning clients from other big 4 accounting firms due to superior performance.
THE ASIAN BANKER, Singapore, Singapore
Research Intern [Sep 2007] – [Oct 2010]
• Updated quantitative models for the ranking of micro-financing banking services in Asian banks.
• Conducted interviews with heads of Asian banks' retail divisions to update Asian Bank 300 Report.
• Researched banking trends in Asia using proprietary tools and pitched ideas during weekly meetings.
SKILLS, ACTIVITIES & INTERESTS
Certification and Training:
Certified Management Accountant candidate. Passed 1st Exam.
Sergeant of Arms for Toastmasters Club Canada. Elected Finance Director of Western Club.
Volunteered at Tenorio National Park in Costa Rica for trail maintenance and irrigation management.