I am very interested in working in Hong Kong next summer and have been cold-emailing for the past couple weeks, I did get several responses and had couple phone chats with bankers there, but response rate has been extremely low. I am serious about working in HK and I am willing to make a trip there to meet some people if I can set up enough informational interviews. Unfortunately, there are very few people from my school that work in HK, and even fewer work in banking. I have been pretty frustrated so far, but I will keep trying. In the mean time, for all you monkeys out there who had experiences networking in HK or anyone who was able to break into IB in HK through networking, I would really appreciate it if you could share your experiences with me. I would really appreciate any advices, thanks in advance!
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I am currently interning at a bank the summer before my final year of undergrad, and have many peers working internships for the big 4. I have heard stories of them getting paid 30/hr for doing absolutley no work, getting to "work" from home whenever they want, and some even got this...+28 by Tallfinanceguy in IB
- Hi guys,
I have a MSc in Quantitative Finance obtained in Italy and have been a Quant Researcher for approx 1 year in the Netherlands for a buy-side boutique. Now I am in Quant Risk modelling in a sell-side major investment bank in Zürich, Switzerland.
Ask me...+21 by DrSnake in IB
- Hey folks. Spent a lot of time as a ghost on these forums back when I was trying to figure out what I was doing - figured I'd give back a little for anyone who's looking at the renewable energy infra/project finance space, with specific emphasis on the buy side.
###...+17 by ob38dn in PE
- I am a girl and I often hear people talk about wanting to stay home with the baby. Makes sense to me when your child is a new born and you are in the healing process even though I am a workaholic.
Would any of you want paternity leave? Have you taken it yet? Do you think that it should be...+16 by isa2130953 in OFF
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+13 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Is it wise to buy a franchise think subway, Tim Hortons, not McDonald's because of price but a smaller but known chain? I am thinking into the future and want to have an asset that pays me dividends and something I can build and focus on into retirement. Start with one accumulate capital...+11 by JohnGutfreund in IB
- Ask me anything
Previous: Non-target, state school MACC CPA 1 year of audit at national firm 1.5 years of valuation, financial modeling, and QofE (TAS) Passed Level 1 CFA
Current: F500 CorpDev analyst
Ask me about: transitioning from audit to...+10 by MedTechMonkey in CF
- What do you guys think? Not like it's a real holiday like Christmas or Thanksgiving or anything.
Am I good to blast or will I look like a douchebag?+10 by famejranc in OFF
- When I mean left wing I don't mean the over the top SJW types or even the pretend left wing democrats (up until Bernie rose to prominence that is)... I'm talking proper, old school left wing. Socialized healthcare, socialized college tuition, socialized trade school tuition, higher...+8 by Leonardo-Cope in OFF
- If I already signed 2020 SA position, would it be bad to continue recruiting? Wouldn't think about reneging, just curious to see what else I can land. +8 by elontusk in IB
IB Resources See all
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Jul10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 7/10-7/128:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Jul15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Jul17WSO Toronto Meetup: Wed July 17th, 7:30pm, Joey Eaton Center7:30 EDT Toronto, ON