As a current University student, I could not tell you the amount of times I had to cram information for a quiz or an exam the following day. This article cites some tips to help you take in and absorb information more efficiently.
- Stop Saying Words In Your Head
- Avoid Back Tracking
- Point at the Text
- Skim and Scan Intelligently
- Practice With Free Web Apps
Some people try to "hear" words in their head and by cutting this habit, you could dramatically increase your reading speed over time
As in looking back at the text you just read
I think this is a little helpful if you are really trying to zone in on the text. I personally don't really do this.
Avoiding superfluous information can be important when studying or cramming.
This is interesting. I have personally never tried a 3rd party app. This might be useful. Has anyone actually used an app to study?
Financial Modeling Course
- Get An Edge For Your Interviews & Finance Career
- The Best (and Most Affordable) Financial Modeling Self-study Courses.
- WSO Members receive a 15% discount