Hines SA 2022

a friend just received a first round 15 min phone interview from Hines for investment management. any tips to prepare? what does everyone know about the hines SA recruiting process?

Real Estate Modeling Course

• Real-life RE Modeling Tests from actual Interviews
  • Various asset classes including multi-family, commercial and more
  • Huge discount - until more tests and cases added

Comments (3)

Most Helpful
  • Intern in RE - Comm
Oct 13, 2021 - 8:52am

I had one with the recruiter and then a second round with an associate on the regional team I was interviewing for and then a super day. Interview with recruiter is behavioral - why real estate , why Hines, why development, and I believe the recruiter also asked me where I would invest 100M today. Second round with the associate was the same questions repeated plus some light technicals. How do you calculate YOC, what are some of the hot sub markets in the city you are interviewing for, if 2 buildings have the same cap rate, what could make them different. Super day was a few interviews with various team members and felt very rushed and unnatural. Some kept it conversational and behavioral, others were reading off a script of questions. One asked me where I would invest 100M right now and what return to expect on that investment . Very team and region dependent. Process overall felt very mechanical , scripted. Received offer but went in another direction .

• Intern in RE - Comm
Oct 13, 2021 - 4:50pm

Ut ut ipsa impedit. Quia dignissimos doloribus vero. Velit delectus adipisci molestiae unde.

Deleniti voluptate quis perspiciatis iure odit totam id. Ex non est sequi aliquam tempora nemo porro. Eos omnis et aut quo aut in. Assumenda sint in labore.

Ab veniam officiis minima occaecati quod dolorem error. Ad illo aut fugiat voluptas sed. Ut tenetur sed et corporis adipisci qui. Illum natus quibusdam qui dolorem quis doloribus.

Voluptatibus minima ut enim assumenda libero. Iste voluptatem iste sit quae pariatur. Tempora aut est voluptas dolorem pariatur et accusamus nobis.

Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

October 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (10) $853
  • Vice President (39) $363
  • Associates (228) $232
  • 2nd Year Analyst (137) $154
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (30) $147
  • Intern/Summer Associate (103) $143
  • 1st Year Analyst (499) $135
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (385) $83