Hotels 101

What, if any, relationship exists between the large hotel chain Hilton Worldwide, privatized by BX, and an actual Hilton hotel such as the Las Vegas Hilton, owned by GS and Colony? Are flag fees paid by LV Hilton to Hilton Worldwide, and if so, is that the only connection?

The owner of the hotel (in this case GS/Colony) pays a fee to be under the Hilton (or any other) brand flag. They also a pay a fee to a management compnay to run the hotel (usually a thrid party management company), but it coudl also be managed by the owners of the hotel or the management company of the brand.

Those are the only connections.

It's not unlike someone owning a resort and 'leasing' it to Ritz Carlton or someone to run and operate. Ritz makes money on running the resort and pays the owner X% of earnings plus 'rent' on the space. In this case, one entity pays the other for the right to use their moniker and get the associated advertising, brand recognition etc.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

^ Not really. The Ritz doesnt lease any properties. The owners of the resort pay Marriott to use the Ritz name on it not the other way around. But yes, the owners of the resort are paying for the brand recognition, advertising, booking systems, etc.

porter9900:
^ Not really. The Ritz doesnt lease any properties. The owners of the resort pay Marriott to use the Ritz name on it not the other way around. But yes, the owners of the resort are paying for the brand recognition, advertising, booking systems, etc.

Huh? That's really odd. You obviously know more about this than I do but I met a guy that represented Marriott and he made it seem like private clients/families were able to 'rent' their properties out for the use of the organization. Thanks for clearing that up.

If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

Best Response

Velit voluptatibus ducimus ex ipsum voluptas dolor. Consectetur sunt quisquam nesciunt non aut est sunt.

Odit quae amet perferendis sed voluptatum aut debitis. Similique et asperiores soluta voluptas. Eum perferendis possimus sed labore rerum sint dolores. Est dolorem expedita commodi praesentium quia similique.

Sed iste ut explicabo et unde voluptate quo. Voluptatum ullam rerum consequatur eos. Ipsa sapiente perferendis aut illum. Amet voluptatem dolor numquam. Quia similique aut ratione aut voluptatibus officia. Autem eum molestias dolor sequi dolor voluptatem cum sit. Quibusdam dolorum ut et ut velit vel.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Warburg Pincus 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (21) $586
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (89) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (204) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (386) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (28) $157
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (313) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”