Housing in NYC 2020

bb2025's picture

hi everyone,

I recently accepted an offer to work at a bank in NYC next summer. I wanted to know whether people here had any recommendations regarding housing in the city? I will be working in Lower Manhattan. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.

Comments (10)

• Intern in IB - Gen
Oct 24, 2019

Same situation here. Will be in lower Manhattan as well.

Oct 24, 2019

bump

Oct 24, 2019

Nyu dorms are a popular option. Close to many intern bars as well as other popular places.

Great location for a SA stint.

Oct 24, 2019

Join the nyc apartment sublet fb groups. NYU dorms are good if you have $$$ or like college dorms.

Array

• Intern in IB - Gen
Oct 24, 2019

isnt nyu dorms typically cheaper than sublet?

Oct 25, 2019

IMO no, because you need a meal plan and it's cheaper only if you can survive no AC for the traditional dorm halls. they also have apartment style but I still prefer subletting. You'd be surprised, a lot of people sublet too because there's only so many NYU rooms.

Array

Oct 25, 2019

Did NYU dorms a couple times so I can give you a very honest opinion. It's by far the easiest and most convenient, especially for fidi. BUT you will most likely have roommates so make sure you are ready for that and the pricing is decently high and needed upfront. If you are comfortable with the city I'd say sublet. If you are clueless (like I was) it's well worth it to pay the money. (Plus both years loved my roommates and my stay in the City)

• Intern in IB - Gen
Oct 25, 2019

if we have friends interning also can we choose them as roommates for NYU summer housing?

Oct 26, 2019

Yup, you can form groups which just makes it that much easier.

• Intern in HF - Other
Oct 28, 2019
Comment