Houston Apartments - 2021

Moving to Houston for full-time this summer and looking for apartments. All the ones I've seen have terrible reviews on Yelp and, before I commit to something, wanted to ask any Houston natives what their thoughts on apartments are/if there's anything I ought to know before signing a lease. Either one or two bedroom, rent is pretty flexible as long as the place is actually good. Any help would be hugely appreciated. 

Incoming analyst here as well. Planning to go with La Clombe Dore

Paying around $2300 for 1b1b. I know it sounds crazy but think a great place like that will at least keep me sane working 80-100 hours a week

Place is gorgeous, but be aware they're about to build a parking garage and new high rise apartment on the other side of the Hanover. That should absorb the noise but something to be aware of. The Westheimer/Montrose intersection is also going to be super busy.

Array

You might want to look at a two bed townhome, Houston is more of a townhome city IMO. But if you're set on apartments listed below are a few I'd recommend

Downtown:

-Catalyst: High end, good view of minute Maid, solid overall

- 500 Crawford: incredible view of Minute Maid

- Ares Market Square: luxury Hines property

-Market Square Tower: Expensive but best pool in the city

Midtown

- They are all pretty much the same, rowdy part of town but fun depending on what you're looking for

Heights

- There is a new one on Shepard and like 15th that is supposed to be pretty cool

- Definitely a townhome/house area of town

- The apartments on Yale and I-10 are also solid

Overall as long as you stick to Upper Kirby/Montrose, the Heights, or Downtown there are plenty of good options and those are the most fun areas of town.

I would recommend Midtown over downtown but its important to stay on the Northwestern part of it (closer to east Montrose). Otherwise you'll encounter more homeless people and it starts to feel like a concrete jungle in select places.

Currently live in City Place Midtown and would recommend it. Can walk to downtown in 20min except in July / Aug when its too hot. Other places you should look at are Metro Midtown and Midtown Arbor Place. You can definitely get into a complex like this for under ~$1500. While IB analysts can pay $2,500+ its important to remember that other young people can't. So if you want to be chilling at a pool with people your age, I'd stay well under $2k / month. 

Houston is tricky so PM me if you have any questions. 

Hey dude sorry to revive an old thread but any updated thoughts on living in Midtown? Obviously a good spot if being close to bars/clubs is a priority but is noise a big issue, especially if you're WFH at times for one of the sweatier shops in HTX? Most buildings I come across seem to have noise complaints and more of a party vibe due to the younger crowd. Any thoughts on fourth ward instead and if u can still have a good time around that community as a young professional close to downtown houston?

1. AMLI River Oaks - good location, was just built so newer apartments, close to Whole Foods 

2. AMLI City Vista -- older building, but again, good location - 7 minutes to downtown if that, can walk on the Bayou path

3. City Place Apartments - in prime Midtown, right next to a big block of clubs/bars if you want that, but not if you want a quieter location

4. Pearl @ the Mix - closer to downtown, no real comments on location but close to lots of restaurants

5. Calais Midtown - super close to 527 so there's always going to be traffic around, closer to the south side of Midtown which gets less nice the closer you get to 59 IMO

Array

Most Helpful

I lived at newly built apartments in Houston and the leasing bonuses wound up saving me 3-400/month in rent. The newer apartment buildings in Downtown/Midtown/etc. all have these bonuses. If you're young and living in an apartment I suggest trying to rent one of the newer builds because of these savings - the new buildings are quite nice generally speaking and with the leasing/signing deals they offer, they are pretty good bang for buck. 

At the risk of doxxing myself, I lived in at the top of Drewery Place in midtown and it was a great unit in a great building. Rent was c. $2700/mo for a 850 SF 1BR but after all the bonuses it was closer to 2300. Insane pool deck. Good gym. Valet parking. Good staff. One of the women at the leasing/management office was an absolute smokeshow. Phenomenal views of the skyline to the north or all the way to the gulf in the south. Midtown is a fun place to live, although definitely gotta steer clear of the greyhound station.

Coworkers living in apartments include buildings like Eighteen25, Market Square tower, the Rice, Catalyst, the Star. All good, higher end buildings.

Ipsa saepe possimus quos sed enim. Reprehenderit facere reiciendis sed necessitatibus quisquam. Mollitia iure numquam rerum aut maxime. Autem omnis doloribus incidunt saepe.

Voluptatum aut aliquid fuga consequatur ullam. Quo esse aspernatur facilis porro. Soluta veniam rerum minus possimus nemo quia asperiores. Ut ducimus consectetur nemo. Dolorum ad ratione error pariatur et vitae nulla. Aut praesentium veniam recusandae sint.

Quasi quos omnis neque omnis in aut aut velit. Natus id consequatur explicabo totam nihil. Labore libero magni quae tenetur eum.

Career Advancement Opportunities

March 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. (++) 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (13) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (202) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (144) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”