How can I make $5000 - in my situation?

I've been struggling to get a job or start a business in my area and I am now at a less-than-favorable stage where I need around $5000. I am a student and do not have much capital.
I feel trapped in a society that I do not want to be a part of and where most of my efforts appear ineffectual,

What should I do? I aspire to be a millionaire but circumstances make it appear so far away.

Best Response

You have two options:

(1) Keep feeling sorry for yourself and focus on how worthless society is. This is a good way to end up in a trailer park in Ohio by your mid-30's, writing FB rants about your situation is [insert group]'s fault. Enjoy your future addiction to painkillers.

(2) Grow some goddamn hair on your balls and snap out of it. Realize that nothing and no one will help you in life until you sink your own blood, sweat, and tears into your own pursuit of happiness. If that means becoming a millionaire, you will have to work unbelievably hard to get there. There millions of kids out there who will be competing with you, and the universe is indifferent to their struggles and circumstances. Everyone has challenges to overcome on their way to success - you either accept your own challenges and meet them head on, or you fail. And no, Bernie Sanders or Trump or some other populist twat is not going to come save you from the evil [globalists/capitalists/oppressors/mexicans/whatever group you choose to blame for your problems].

NuckFuts:

You have two options:

(1) Keep feeling sorry for yourself and focus on how worthless society is. This is a good way to end up in a trailer park in Ohio by your mid-30's, writing FB rants about your situation is [insert group]'s fault. Enjoy your future addiction to painkillers.

(2) Grow some goddamn hair on your balls and snap out of it. Realize that nothing and no one will help you in life until you sink your own blood, sweat, and tears into your own pursuit of happiness. If that means becoming a millionaire, you will have to work unbelievably hard to get there. There millions of kids out there who will be competing with you, and the universe is indifferent to their struggles and circumstances. Everyone has challenges to overcome on their way to success - you either accept your own challenges and meet them head on, or you fail. And no, Bernie Sanders or Trump or some other populist twat is not going to come save you from the evil [globalists/capitalists/oppressors/mexicans/whatever group you choose to blame for your problems].

How do I DO? I do blame certain things on my self but at times - I cannot change the situation, even if I want to - at least in the immediate future.

• I apply for so many job offers and have signed up with agencies. :[

What is your situation? Do you owe $5k to a loan shark or something? If you need $5k in a short time and it's a matter of life and death, I would suggest selling drugs, prostitution, investing in a firearm, or perhaps going to the police.

If that's not the case, then assuming your attitude is in the right place, then look yourself in the mirror and think hard about why you are in the current situation. What's preventing you from getting a job? How can you fix those issues? Who can you go to for help? What immediate steps can you take to start improving your life?

If I come across as harsh, it's only because I mean well and want you to succeed. I do not want you to have the illusion that climbing out of a hole is easy. But as a great teacher of mine once told me, "if you find yourself in a hole, the first thing you have to do is STOP DIGGING. Only then can you start thinking about how you will climb out."

yeah, the scenarios I think of needing $5k in a hurry are totally solvable:

bailing someone out of jail - can use a bondsman medical expense - can finance that, and I doubt his out of pocket max is that high as a student funeral expenses - can cremate or finance tuition - can get student loans massive car repair - can take bus/walk/bike extortion - tell them to fuck off or go to authorities taxes - doubt you can owe that much as a student but you can work out payment plans with IRS

I'm seriously at a loss. now, onto some helpful advice

OP, do NOT make an asset level your end goal. there will always be people with more money than you, take your big goals and break them down into bite sized chunks. you want a job? figure out your weak areas. WHY are you getting the heisman?

if you're anything in person like you are online, you need to feign confidence, because the biggest obstruction to your success is the 6 inches between your ears, not anything in the outside world. this means proper posture, speaking with authority, and talking about yourself in a proud way (not cocky, there's a fine line). if you were to walk into my office for an interview and were sulking, sad, defeated, I'd send you on your way. nervousness is fine, in fact it's somewhat expected, but you cannot be meek.

finding a job is hard, don't make it harder on yourself with your attitude. develop a plan. one of the first steps should be to hold information interviews/network. along with networking, practice soft skills: literally everything from posture to handshakes to volume of speech to body language. practice in front of a mirror and with a friend who will give you honest feedback. after this, you're ready to start applying, there's plenty of advice on this forum and elsewhere on how to "break in," all I'll say is set reasonable goals. if you went to my college (bumblefuck by the beach state U), skip the goldmans of the world. if you can afford to do it, offer to work for free if you're not getting anywhere. one of the most successful guys I know had his first internship at a boutique PE firm that he only got because he lived with a relative over one summer and worked for free (I believe he waited tables or bartended to make ends meet), you need to do more than the competition if you want to stay ahead.

moving further into the future, if you get a job out of UG (doesn't have to be a dream job), the way to wealth is through career success and living below your means, that's it. don't overcomplicate it by trying to find the best micro cap slovenian preferred stock fund, just focus on adding value to your company and living below your means, the rest will work itself out.

best of luck kid

NuckFuts:

(2) Grow some goddamn hair on your balls and snap out of it..

I let the hair grow on my balls, and now they are itchy af. Please advise on next steps.
GoldenCinderblock: "I keep spending all my money on exotic fish so my armor sucks. Is it possible to romance multiple females? I got with the blue chick so far but I am also interested in the electronic chick and the face mask chick."

Placeat odit voluptatem velit est et dolores. Necessitatibus esse autem harum. Repellat mollitia consequatur doloremque voluptatem.

Exercitationem incidunt quaerat ea adipisci sint laborum porro. Qui voluptatem odit aspernatur molestiae doloribus quidem qui pariatur. Nihil inventore est nulla architecto aliquid. Adipisci voluptas enim at molestias voluptas.

Quidem in voluptates quod maiores in. Ut odit et at minima harum et placeat. Praesentium ut a in quia. In quo error voluptatem ea consequatur. Molestiae incidunt ut dolorum ut beatae doloribus sed laborum.

Voluptatem non est aut repudiandae ullam animi voluptatem unde. Sint qui fugit facere et. Qui molestiae vel velit repellat consequuntur quia. Modi quibusdam quis reiciendis sed minus praesentium consequuntur.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Private Equity

• The Riverside Company 99.5%
  • Blackstone Group 99.0%
  • Warburg Pincus 98.4%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Blackstone Group 98.9%
  • KKR (Kohlberg Kravis Roberts) 98.4%
  • Ardian 97.9%
  • Bain Capital 97.4%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Bain Capital 99.0%
  • Blackstone Group 98.4%
  • Warburg Pincus 97.9%
  • Starwood Capital Group 97.4%

Total Avg Compensation

• Principal (9) $653
  • Director/MD (22) $569
  • Vice President (92) $362
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (90) $280
  • 2nd Year Associate (205) $268
  • 1st Year Associate (387) $229
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (29) $154
  • 2nd Year Analyst (83) $134
  • 1st Year Analyst (246) $122
  • Intern/Summer Associate (32) $82
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (314) $59
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”