How many different kinds of funds are there? (I know there are 1,000's, but is it possible to categorize?)

-long/short equity fund
-event-driven
-global-macro
-concentrated-value
-activist funds
-value-investing
-natural resources

obviously, i really don't know much about what kind of funds exist out there. but i'd really like to know. if anyone has a great website link, i'd really appreciate it. or, lol, if anyone feels like writing a short book here on the board and explaining it to me, i'd really appreciate that as well.

I'm a commercial real estate sales person in california and I have been told that I can contact hedge funds to invest in my deals.

Have others heard of bringing deals to hedge funds? How? Who? Where?

I'm new to this forum, but thought this question was relevant since I'd like to know what terms I need to understand to pre-qualify (or categorize) a hedge fund that would invest in individual commercial properties? or business opportunities?

What's the Lingo I should use to limit my search so I'll be taken seriously when I approach them?

Is it okay to ask this question? Should I have started a new topic?

dandeye:
I'm a commercial real estate sales person in california and I have been told that I can contact hedge funds to invest in my deals.

Have others heard of bringing deals to hedge funds? How? Who? Where?

I'm new to this forum, but thought this question was relevant since I'd like to know what terms I need to understand to pre-qualify (or categorize) a hedge fund that would invest in individual commercial properties? or business opportunities?

What's the Lingo I should use to limit my search so I'll be taken seriously when I approach them?

Is it okay to ask this question? Should I have started a new topic?

First off, don't ask so many questions at once

Best Response

That lady would be me... forgive my cheerful marketing mug.. these happy pictures are typically required of real estate agents to show that they are the kind of "NICE" people that make deals easy to close.. .

I searched Barclay and got a list of 60 plus HFs that invested in real estate. I narrowed my search down to the 10 that worked in US dollars. And out of those only one purchased farms in the midwest. The rest worked with Real Estate REITs and/or real estate securities exclusively. .. not what I need.

That info was a tough dig (for a greeny chimp like me), so I was just hoping that some of you apes hung around with these HF manager folks and knew more tricks on how to figure out what they actually invest in and how friendly they are to strangers..

ooooo! OOOOO! OOOOOOOOO!! aaaawwww! AAAAAAAWWW! (monkey speak!).

Vero magni sunt maxime consequatur. In amet dignissimos mollitia soluta modi ullam repellendus. Placeat recusandae perferendis et voluptas. Placeat et corrupti minima quam et molestiae.

Quia aliquid assumenda perferendis. Deserunt ut maiores distinctio quam voluptatum animi. Quidem deserunt quas nihil magnam eos ea dicta.

Cum qui expedita dolores qui ipsa. Sed natus consequatur accusantium aperiam. Qui est et sed voluptatum ex adipisci.

Vel delectus quo quia. Amet impedit quia exercitationem cum consequatur. Est iure qui ex nobis facilis et ipsam explicabo. Ex rem nam qui culpa non minima deserunt. Ut quaerat dolore vel harum sit consequuntur cumque.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Point72 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.9%
  • Magnetar Capital 96.8%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • AQR Capital Management 94.7%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Magnetar Capital 98.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 97.8%
  • Blackstone Group 96.8%
  • Two Sigma Investments 95.7%
  • Citadel Investment Group 94.6%

Professional Growth Opportunities

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• AQR Capital Management 99.0%
  • Point72 97.9%
  • D.E. Shaw 96.9%
  • Citadel Investment Group 95.8%
  • Magnetar Capital 94.8%

Total Avg Compensation

April 2024 Hedge Fund

• Portfolio Manager (9) $1,648
  • Vice President (23) $474
  • Director/MD (12) $423
  • NA (6) $322
  • 3rd+ Year Associate (24) $287
  • Manager (4) $282
  • Engineer/Quant (71) $274
  • 2nd Year Associate (30) $251
  • 1st Year Associate (73) $190
  • Analysts (225) $179
  • Intern/Summer Associate (22) $131
  • Junior Trader (5) $102
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (249) $85
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
bolo up's picture
bolo up
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”