I will be interning at a boutique commodities trading firm on the Main Line! It sounds like a fantastic opportunity, but I don't know about the location. I don't know the area but do know it's not Manhattan.
It's not an established internship program so it's up to me to figure this stuff out. The main thing I'm trying to sort out is housing.
I have a lot of questions. Feel free answer what you want, obviously; I greatly appreciate your take.
- How do you like Philadelphia/the Main Line?
- Where do you live?
- Where would you want to live if you were a 22-year old single & social dude without a lot of expendable income (for now)? Should I try to live downtown & commute, or, say, sublet from Villanova?
- What's the social scene like? Is it all downtown? How are the 'Nova bars during the summer?
- What's the best way to get downtown? The train? Uber?
- How do I network with other S&T guys in Philly?
- What else should I know?
- But mainly: What's Philly S&T like? How does it compare to NYC?
Your perspective is really valuable to me. If possible, I'd also love to meet with some of you for coffee and pick your brain. Thank you.