How Much Can You Save in NYC?
Hey there fellow monkeys! I understand that bonuses are getting cut this year because of the coronavirus, but I was wondering if I could get some insight on how much an IB analyst can save of their signing bonus, base, and first year bonuses if we were still living in a pre-coronavirus world? I'm estimating a $10,000 signing bonus, $85,000 base salary, and $55,000 year-end bonus (of which 70% is paid within one year of the beginning of the First Year Analyst stint, and the remaining 30% comes in two months later). My personal forecast says that I have roughly $54,000 in hand after paying taxes, rent, and food/other expenses per month. Does this seem realistic. Thanks is advance for the help!