I've been wondering this for a while, how much does it take to make it in NYC as an MD living a good life, meaning:
- Nice apartment on UES, UWS (guessing 3-4M, right?)
- Kids in private school, 30K/year, say two kids, so 60K/year
- Taxes, say 40-50%
- Car with parking for when you leave the city
- Vacation home (no idea on price)
- Everything else I'm missing
I imagine some of the Associates, most of the VPs and all of the few MDs will be able to answer this question. Really the overlying question is, can you afford to live a good life with a family as an MD? What about a VP?