I've been wondering this for a while, how much does it take to make it in NYC as an MD living a good life, meaning:
- Nice apartment on UES, UWS (guessing 3-4M, right?)
- Kids in private school, 30K/year, say two kids, so 60K/year
- Taxes, say 40-50%
- Car with parking for when you leave the city
- Vacation home (no idea on price)
- Everything else I'm missing
I imagine some of the Associates, most of the VPs and all of the few MDs will be able to answer this question. Really the overlying question is, can you afford to live a good life with a family as an MD? What about a VP?
Investment Banking Interview Course
- 7,548 questions across 469 investment banks. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 members.
- Technical, behavioral, networking, case videos, templates. All included.
- Most comprehensive IB interview course in the world.