So my dad has a client that is a senior VP at CBRE. He told my dad he was willing to talk to me as my dad mentioned I'm interested in CRE. I waited awhile to contact him as at the time I wasn't as interested/invested in CRE as I am now and was very busy. Anyhow, about 2 months go by and at this point I am very interested in CRE; I text the guy. He basically says that all internship positions are full but he's willing to still speak with me, he just needs to get it down on his calender. I explained I didn't know there were any internship positions he was offering and that I'd still like to speak with him. That night, I checked CBRE website to see if there were any other internships posted, and there were. I applied and texted him the following day letting him know. He basically explained that he didn't know anyone in those departments, but kind of made it seem like he would put a word in for me. That was the last time we spoke (through texts). This is about 3 weeks ago now. I never heard back from the applications I made but I still want to speak with him. Should I text him or just call him? What should I say? Thanks in advance
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- I have been on this website for more than ten years and thought I would dish out a bit of advice.
####A bit of background:
I worked up to director level in trading, before going to get an MBA and changing industry to work in private equity. The exact same story repeated itself, so I thought...+36 by Disjoint in JOB
- I'm a Physical Trader in the Asia region and look after a combined book of +1Mt for origination and sales of dry-bulk commodities. My background has been in some way or form of international trade, with 6+ years in operations before getting into a trading gig. I trade majority of dry bulk...+13 by UnfinishedSentenc in TR
- I remember back when I was still a student, being intimidated by the idea of having to form "models" - despite my undergrad being in physics.
It turns out in finance, "modelling" just means dividing one excel cell by another, saying "yeah sure, that growth will...+11 by Leonardo-Cope in IB
- Financial modeling is a skill that any investment banking analyst will have to master. Although the majority of investment banks and other financial firms now have formal training programs, many students and prospective finance professionals are choosing to enroll in self-study financial...+10 by WallStreetOasis.com in IB
- Bridgewater's Ray Dalio [wrote a post about "Why and How Capitalism Needs to be Reformed,"](https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/why-how-capitalism-needs-reformed-parts-1-2-ray-dalio/?published=t/) claiming that the outcomes of capitalism are no longer consistent with the system’s...+7 by CRE in OFF
- I want to hear stories of pick up artistry, streaks (of success or droughts), or even just unexpected love stories. Mine is, I usually do a lot of sitting by the bar with some staring, drooling, and wimpering like a sad and needy puppy.
Edit: for those not convinced this topic is somewhat...+7 by iBankedUp in OFF
- How about we include biopics as well.
Watching the theranos documentary right now and it's awesome (guy with the messed up eye seems kinda baller). What are some other business documentaries to check out?+7 by famejranc in OFF
- Hoping to learn more about investment banks in Los Angeles. My current firm's only california presence is in San Francisco. I've done a bit of research and think I understand which banks are in LA, but it's hard to tell what groups are out there. Also hoping to know a little more...+7 by californiadreaming000 in IB
- In a Bloomberg article last week, JP Morgan announced that it will begin using online behavioral science-based games to recruit college students.
[quote]"Beginning this year, the bank will be using the games, instead of in person campus recruiting and traditional college campus visits,...+7 by NovemberRain in JOB
- Was reading this article and thought of this question. I think you can argue for both sides assuming that you had the money and that you know you won't get caught.
Your thoughts?+5 by ROK_Marines in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Apr10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- New York City, 4/10-4/128:00 to 5:00 EDT New York City, NY
- Apr12WSO Paris Happy Hour: Fri 12 April, 8pm @ Bar des Halles2:00 EDT Online
- Apr15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online