Posting for a friend. Got a gig with a Big 4 firm on west coast for valuation/transaction advisory. When he arrived, was told, no positions in that and was assigned to an utterly unrelated project with no clear path to transition into it. Very disappointed. He was offered a job as a analyst for a 2 partner, very well-respected consulting firm to do modeling valuation , financial & transaction advisory. He loves the job duties. This firm does work for many large PE's and IB's in a particular niche. Does it matter if they are extremely small in terms of exit ops etc, or do his experienced gained matter most? ie: Could stay at Big 4 doing crap, or go to this ultra boutique and do what he wants?
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- If you can, read the whole story. Anyone out there that's gone through tough shit, heads up and never give up!
My living situation as a child
I was born in a third world country (middle east), very (and I cannot stress this enough) shitty living conditions. Dirt roads, little food,...+236 by BigTuna5 in IB
- Sans Trump and his legionaries, feels like most are ready for a slight contraction right before things consolidate. Markets are up despite the inverted yield curve, but things are almost certainly likely to get worse before they get better, right?
Trump goon Moore could barely even deny...+77 by iBankedUp in OFF
- Did anyone see this story that just came out? Stud first-year out of NYU charged with insider trading. The idiot bought calls on EFI right before their acquisition by Siris Capital. What a fucking moron, only made $100K as well.+71 by SeekingTheta in IB
- **UPDATE: APPLICATION FORM IS OPEN NOW!!!!...and closing soon (phone invites starting to go out this week)**
Fellow WSO Primates, I've been thinking of how we've been putting out a ton more AMAs + podcasts, etc lately and I want to double down on that since it seems like it's...+34 by WallStreetOasis.com in OFF
He was on suicide watch for months. That means they would have constant eyes on him. They would make sure his cell is pretty much bare of anything he could use to self harm. How the fuck...+29 by 2733278823 in OFF
- I saw this post on Glassdoor and can confirm this is 100% true. Do not be blinded by the positive reviews as Justine (the MD) forces her employees to write them.
-Terrible culture with toxic work envirnoment
-Employees are “highly encouraged” (i.e. forced) to leave artificially positive...+26 by john.smith_3 in IB
- I'm an incoming freshman at Wharton so I guess I'm a bit early, but I really want to go into investment banking in the future. I was wondering if anyone knew about what clubs I should join during my time at Penn, or what clubs have produced students that have gone onto firms like...+23 by monkeyinmaking in IB
- Hello All,
Long time lurker, but I've had an event at work happen and would like to hear what others would do. I work in a GSE underwriting/production role
In the late fall of last year, my manager of 3 months was let go. I wasn't sure of the reason, just that my big boss asked...+17 by Chicken Pot Pie in RE
- [The great porn experiment | Gary Wilson | TEDxGlasgow](https://youtu.be/wSF82AwSDiU)
What do you think about the growing online movements like noFap and the fact that by the time a kid is 12 he's seen more naked women than men would see...+17 by Bizkitgto in OFF
- What I heard was Nate Paul's company World Class Capital in Austin is getting raided currently. Anyone know anything?+15 by lux21 in RE
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Aug15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online
- Aug15WSO NYC Happy Hour: Thur 8/15, 7-10pm, 5th And Mad Bar7:00 to 10:00 EDT New York, NY
- Aug15WSO London Meet Up: Thur August 15th, 19:00, Vintry Pub7:00 EDT London
- Aug15WSO SF Meetup: Thur 8/15, 7:30-9pm, The Barrel Room7:30 EDT San Francisco, CA
- Aug16WSO Boston Meet Up: Fri 8/16, 630-830pm, Trillium Garden6:30 to 8:30 EDT Boston, MA