Wanted to get some tips on how to break into AM/ER in the next year. I'm at a mid tier MSF program on the east coast. I could not get into any formal summer internships - recently had an ER superday at a MM bank but did not get the job. Here are my questions:
1) What kind of internships can I still try to get in the next ~4 months that can best position me for FT recruitment. Will networking/cold-calling work at this point or should I aim for lower internships (FP&A/corp finance/credit analysis)
2) How hard would it be to break into ER/AM without a formal internship. By the end of my program I should have my CFA lvl 2, a high GPA, and 2-3 informal internships. Will this be enough/will networking help or is a formal program the best way to break in?
Thanks for the help.
Find Your Mentor
- Increase your chance of landing a job by matching with one of our 200+ mentors.
- Our mentors are top employees at the most selective firms.
- Proven process with over 1,100 clients over 10 years.