How to break into treasury/ PMW in US
I am quite skeptical about my career path. My educational background and work experience - BCOMM (Accounts Honors) 2008 -> MBA (Marketing and Finance) 2010 from India -> RBC ( FSR in Toronto) May 2014 -> Homemaker (H4 Visa presently) Feb 2015.
I will be moving to Chicago soon and planning to join Northwestern University. I have checked the professional development certificate which interests me a lot. I will join of the program either Certificate Treasury Professional or CFP.
But I am more interested in treasury as it is related to capital market and cash management. I searched through forum and could not find much structured info about treasury.
- What is in your opinion the best way to get into treasury?
- What is the typical career path, background of folks in treasury?
- Entry barriers, how to be a treasurer, salaries, best organizations to work with, exit options, relevant certifications / courses and so on, Challenges as a treasurer ..
- Does banks/F500 or others sponsor H1 visas? Or only networking works?
- Or should I go for CFP because of my previous work experience related to retail banking or easy way to get H1 Visa because this job is in demand.
Your opinions and advices are really appreciated.