How to get a 700+ on the GMAT?

Im only entering my Junior year of college, so I realize its way too early for me to even be thinking seriously about the GMAT, but out of curiosity, is it possible to get a score of over 700 if you prepare early enough/hard enough for it? thanks

How to score a 700 or better on the GMAT

There are a few materials that you should gather when prepping for the GMAT. The most recent edition of the official GMAT book and all three practice books are essential. Supplementary materials are provided by Kaplan, Princeton, and Manhattan GMAT guides. You should probably use some of these supplementary materials as well.

1. Take a full-length practice test on the official GMAT website. This will give you an idea of where your weak points are on the test.
  2. Go through your supplementary materials quantitative guide. Take notes diligently and liberally.
  3. Focus on sentence correction and reading comprehension guides next. During this period you should review your quantitative notes.
  4. Two months before the test take a practice every weekend. This will build up your mental stamina for the full-length test.
  5. Spend your final month before the test going through the official guides and completing all of the problems
  6. Two weeks prior to the test, take two full-length tests. The composite of these two scores will reflect your final score with a slight margin of error.
  7. Spend your final week reviewing your quantitative notes with a focus on shortcuts. Memorize a template for the analytical writing portion.

Dont DIY your scores! Get coached to success!

What if you could guarantee that your score would go up by 50 points? The solution to high GMAT scores is hiding in plain sight. The GMAT pill program is highest ranking test score booster. You can access the program anywhere and anytime. Click the link for an exclusive WSO only discount!

Recommended Reading

They say there are no stupid questions...

But apart from making fun of you for asking such a dumb question I will still give you a good answer.

OF COURSE it's possible to get above 700. There are about 3 hurdles in the GMAT. The first one is if you score around 550, it's hard to score above. The second one is at 650, and the last hurdle is at 700. For each hurdle you need to study a lot in between each one.

There are plenty of books and resources online to practice for the GMAT. I am sure you took the SAT or the ACT. It's the same thing, practice, practice, and more practice makes perfect. Go to www.gmatclub.com, they have a great forum there about the GMAT. Buy the official 11th edition of the GMAT book (the orange one), and start with that. It was the best book out of all the ones I used. But starting to study now for the GMAT is a smart move. Ideally you would want to take it when you graduate, the scores are valid for 5 years. So when you get out of I-banking for an MBA your scores will still be valid, and you won't have to worry about them.

Solve each and every practice problem from the official guide. In your first pass thru the guide, mark the ones you get wrong. In the next pass, work only on the ones you got wrong last time. Do this as many times as you can till you get all or most of them right. I did the same and know for sure that this was the reason I got a 730. Good luck.

i'm not sure what's this 3 hurdles that disjoint is talking about but those scores sound fairly arbitrary...u could pick any 3 random scores and say the same thing applies...

eh not to say there's just one right way to do things cuz obviously the above worked pretty well for others...but here's how it went down for me back in senior year when i took it...

for sure it's a good idea to take care of the gmat b4 u graduate as long as you're fairly certain abt going to bschool at some point, but it's not necessary...it's just more of a convenience thing..who wants to study for it while working fulltime?

my impression from taking the gmat was that it's not something that's worthwhile to spend months of your life on...it's just one of many aspects of your app and it's not gonna bail you out if the rest of your app sucks...better to spend your time doing more worthwhile pursuits...

basically i picked up the princeton review book w/ the cd, read the whole text over sunday afternoon and cranked out the 4 practice tests over the next four days, then i skipped a day to chill and took the gmat on saturday...ended up w/ upper 700s which is nice but it's not like it validates my intelligence or anything..after all, my gf is much smarter than me and got lower 700s...in that vein, i think one effective way to study for it is just to approach it as exactly that and just get as familiar w/ the format as you can quickly...then take some practice tests & you're good to go...whether it's worthwhile practicing for months & drop $$ on classes just to maybe increase your score a couple dozen points is up to u...

kidxiao11:
i'm not sure what's this 3 hurdles that disjoint is talking about but those scores sound fairly arbitrary...u could pick any 3 random scores and say the same thing applies...

I read about those hurdles from some GMAT book. But yea, as you mentioned the official review is the best one. Kaplan, Princeton and all those other books are worthless. They basically give you advices on how to guess when you don't know the answer. If you want 700+ you want to be able to solve all the problems, and not guess ;)

Disjoint:
Kaplan, Princeton and all those other books are worthless. They basically give you advices on how to guess when you don't know the answer. If you want 700+ you want to be able to solve all the problems, and not guess ;)

Agree that the official guide is most important. However, if you approach it "straight" you'll be at a disadvantage.

The point of Princeton is if you take it "straight" you miss all of the things that ETS puts in to try to distract you from the right answer. Princeton calls out that game and gives you a counter-game. Official guide can't give you those insights.

Kaplan is just an inferior version, and their sample questions are significantly different in structure than the official guides. They don't get the game.

Of course you still have to know the math, etc., but you want to go to battle with all your weapons. This is about one thing only - the score.

My overall strategy was to focus exclusively on math for the first four weeks, then work on math along with verbal for the second four weeks. I worked through all of KapMath (every single problem) in those first four weeks, and also did all the PS and DS practice sets in PowerPrep. Another part of my strategy was to complete all the Kaplan materials in the first 5-6 weeks, while also starting to introduce OG and PP practice sets in week 3. This allowed me for the last 2-3 weeks to work only with OG and PP, which are definitely closest to the real thing. To build up speed and stamina, I did all PP practice sets and all OG problems under timed conditions. I also did both PP CATs, and 3 of the 4 Kaplan CATs (see below for scores). I decided to forget about doing the 4th Kaplan CAT because I was getting close to G-day, and didn’t want to risk undermining my confidence, so I finished on a high note with PP CAT2.

Getting the most out of Official Guide 10th edition Verbal ,Official Guide 10th edition Verbal ,Official Guide 10th edition Data-Sufficiency ,Official Guide 10th edition Problem-Solving

In OG, I did 100% of PS and DS problems, about 50% of CR, 80% of SC, and 30% of RC. In all sections, I did all the problem sets that are included in PowerPrep.

Read the complete tips @ http://www.f1gmat.com/gmat-inspirations/ursula

http://www.f1gmat.com - " One of the fastest growing Pre-MBA Portals"

I used one Kaplan book, no official guide, and no other programs. I thought it was pretty solid and if you go to Beatthegmat, a lot of people bash Princeton Review. Manhattan seems to be the gold standard.

And you can study your way to a 700 even if you are somewhat retarded (non-native English speakers are forgiven here). Once you get above 740 or so, the questions get pretty absurd. My last quant DS question was ridiculous, ended up with a 760.

Manhattan Gmat Prep helps you get the big picture of all topics. Their books are great as well. Then, you need to do like 10 official gmat prep tests. Every time you ll do better - u ll get a higher level questions. In addition, get all editions of Official Guide and do each problem twice.
Overall plan for 6-9 months if you are working full-time and not an english/math major from princeton. 6 months @ 10 hours a week will surely get you to 700, given you are smart to some degree.

I got 720 - Q87, V - 83, 94th percentile AWA 5.5 using above mentioned techniques

All I can say is practice practice practice!!! It was Feb when I decided to go to grad school so I had to study and take the GMAT quick! I had three weeks in which I did 5 full practice tests in addition to studying a Kaplan book. Scored a 730 and landed a good fellowship. The practice tests are invaluable for getting a feel for the timing and a sense of how you're doing while your taking the exam.

I went from 480 to 640 to 720. There was a 3 year gap between the 480 and 640--and I did not prep at all for the first try. I crammed for 2 months straight and took 10 computer-adaptive practice tests scoring in the 660-710 range, and then scored 640 on the real one. I took the test again a month later with minimal prep and got a 720. I think I was just nervous when I got the 640.

From what I've heard during my prep for the GMAT the MGMAT tests are the hardest of all the computer adaptive practice tests out there. So, that is some good news. Also, verbal is usually easier to improve than math BC you can make up a lot of ground on sentence correction (it is basically memorizing rules and applying them). So if you are struggling with verbal focus most of your attention there, it is the easiest to improve. Good luck.

I probably had a 490 had i not cheated on my first diagnostic (stopped the clock). I think I got about 5 math questions right (verbal was cake). Did about 6 weeks of MGMAT self-prep, and scored over 700 on my first and only attempt at the real thing. Granted, i was consistently in the 90's on verbal so I just needed to work on math, which i would argue is easier to improve than verbal, but either way it can be done.

When I took it, i studied for a week. The 1st practice exam I took was low 500's. At the end of the week, night before the actual exam, i scored 580....and I was kinda freaking out. In the actual exam the next day, i scored a 690.

How I studied is i just did practice problems over and over all week. By the end of the week, it was as if I knew what a question was asking and what the answer would be even before finishing reading the question.

I got a 740, just practice a lot and you will be fine. The CD you get from GMAC has the best practices so save them for the end, they are the most realistic. And stay calm if the questions start getting really hard and you think you ae screwing up the harder they get the better you are doing.

Practiced like 5-8 days in two weeks and scored 710, 49Q. Actually was thinking about doing that one just as practice, but as ended up well didnt do another. For me the most helpful thing were the test from gmac, I saved them for the end.

Valor is of no service, chance rules all, and the bravest often fall by the hands of cowards. - Tacitus Dr. Nick Riviera: Hey, don't worry. You don't have to make up stories here. Save that for court!

Got 770 after 2 weeks. My approach was to do the diagnostic test, and spend the most time on the sections that I was weak in. Also, take your time on the V as you have a lot more time than you need, especially if you're a native speaker.

Agree almost verbatim with F. Ro Jo (770 as well), difference being that I started my two weeks by reading through the math review section at the beginning of the Official Guide (chapter 3 maybe?) - refreshed my memory for things I hadn't done in 4 years, gave the gears a much-needed greasing before I started practicing in earnest. After that, yeah, do the diagnostic and see what's what.

junkbondswap:
Goodbread,

Did you retake as most adcomms look poorly on Qs below 80%?

gmatclub.com is the best site for this type of stuff.

I didn't, ended up taking a gamble and sending my GRE 800Q in my apps as well. I'm applying to Msc. Finance programs though (probably makes it worse). If this year's apps don't work, I'll probably take it again. I managed to get a 760 on one practice test, but my quant is just all over the place.

Did anyone here (who is a native English speaker) actually study for the verbal at all? Since there isn't any vocab (like there was on the SAT) I can't imagine there is anything you can memorize. From doing some practice tests it just seems like you need to know how English grammar is supposed to sound, considering most of the 5 possible answers for the verbal questions usually just sound wrong if you are a native English speaker. Not entirely sure how to study for this section.

Hi, Eric Stratton, rush chairman, damn glad to meet you.

Otter.:
Did anyone here (who is a native English speaker) actually study for the verbal at all? Since there isn't any vocab (like there was on the SAT) I can't imagine there is anything you can memorize. From doing some practice tests it just seems like you need to know how English grammar is supposed to sound, considering most of the 5 possible answers for the verbal questions usually just sound wrong if you are a native English speaker. Not entirely sure how to study for this section.

I've always felt similarly to be honest, but I think that's a function of the degree to which you read a lot of well-written things growing up. Didn't study for the SAT either and never missed a verbal/writing question, but then there are plenty of smart people who have a hard time with it.

BuysideGirl:
You guys make it sound so easy.. I had to take 3 times to hit over 700 640 → 630 → 720

This makes me think of that article that talks about women being better at everything...

"You stop being an asshole when it sucks to be you." -IlliniProgrammer "Your grammar made me wish I'd been aborted." -happypantsmcgee

770 after a couple weeks of light studying...I had a few grammar rules I had to officially learn. The data sufficiency was the toughest thing for me to wrap my head around on the test. Ended up with a 49Q, which was worse than I did on any of the practices I took, but I wasn't about to retake a 770.

Life, liberty and the pursuit of Starwood Points

Holy smokes, some of you scored in the 99th percentile (770) after 2 weeks of studying? Even a 720 or a 740 is in the 94th and 97th percentile, respectively. This is embarrassing, I was planning on putting in around a year of studying to get the highest score possible...

Money Never Sleeps? More like Money Never SUCKS amirite?!?!?!?

You don't need to study for a year. 2 weeks is pretty freakish (more power to them), but I think 2 months is enough time for most people... if you got a decent score on your SAT you're likely not going to have a problem with the GMAT.... the difference between 740 and 770 isn't going to make or break you anyways.

LOL of all the moronic things i've posted on WSO, i didn't expect monkey shit to be thrown for wanting to over-prepare for the GMAT. the difference between a 760 and a 740 is probably not a big deal, but 720 versus 680 is a pretty big deal, right? a few extra months of studying is a small price to pay for that boost, especially for a borderline case like me.

but i'll concede... 1 year is probably overkill and counterproductive.

Money Never Sleeps? More like Money Never SUCKS amirite?!?!?!?

Best Response

Do this:

1. Take a full length practice exam from the software they give you on the official GMAT registration website. Do this before you study anything. This will give you an idea of what your weakest areas are.
  2. Buy all of the Manhattan GMAT guides. Buy all three official GMAT practice books. All other books suck, trust me.
  3. Go through all of the Manhattan GMAT math books, taking notes as you go along (I ended up with 18 pages of notes from these five books. This included practice questions I thought were especially relevant.)
  4. Do the MGMAT sentence correction and reading comprehension guides. Continue refreshing your quant skills by going over the notes you wrote from the math guides.
  5. Two months before the test you should be doing a full length practice test every weekend. Use both the Manhattan GMAT CATs (warning: the quant on these is much harder than the real thing) and the real GMAT CATs. Make sure you include the AWA portion in your full length tests. This builds up stamina.
  6. Your last month studying should be spent doing problems from the official guide while timing yourself. Your average for each math question should be two minutes.
  7. Two weeks before the exam you should do two full length tests. Take one last full length test the week before using the official GMAT tests. This score will be very close to your actual gmat score (mine was within 20 points), so if you are not happy with it then I would delay your gmat test.
  8. Spend your last week reading your quant notes, focusing on memorizing shortcuts. The day before the test do about twenty confidence boosting problems. Memorize an AWA template and you will get a 5.5 or 6.0.
  9. Destroy the GMAT and celebrate your Adonis DNA.

I used this regimen and scored very high. Took me about 3 1/2 month of serious studying.

TraderDaily:
I'm considering getting the Kaplan 2012 Premier book and other Kaplan books. Any thoughts? Did anyone use these books for study? Thanks.

I tried Kaplan and I thought they were terrible compared to MGMAT and OG books. MGMAT, OG, and practice tests are all you need to be successful.

TraderDaily:
Thanks so much! Then I won't waste my money on Kaplan. I'll just roll with the Official Guides and the Manhattan GMAT stuff.

Thanks again.

Disagree. I did all my prep on OG+Kaplan. Admittedly I was looking for a crash course since I scheduled my GMAT for two weeks after finals.

Kaplan GMAT Advanced 2009-2010: Intensive Prep for Top Students (Perfect Score Series) and The Official Guide for GMAT Review The Official Guide for GMAT Review. That's it. And a bunch of free CATs that you can find online.

The MGMAT books are by far the best. And you get access to 6 different CATs too, which is very helpful. I took a cold practice GMAT last October and I got a 450 (data sufficiency blew my mind haha) and I have since put about 150 hours into studying (mostly the MGMAT books). I got a 730 on the GMAT Prep practice (the disk they send you when you sign up for the test), which is supposed to be the most accurate practice test you can take. I still have about 30 days until I take the test, so I am hoping to put another 70 hours in or so, just to make sure there is no way I will get under a 730.

It takes time, but the test is very, VERY learnable. Just put the time in and you will be fine.

southernstunna:
The MGMAT books are by far the best. And you get access to 6 different CATs too, which is very helpful. I took a cold practice GMAT last October and I got a 450 (data sufficiency blew my mind haha) and I have since put about 150 hours into studying (mostly the MGMAT books). I got a 730 on the GMAT Prep practice (the disk they send you when you sign up for the test), which is supposed to be the most accurate practice test you can take. I still have about 30 days until I take the test, so I am hoping to put another 70 hours in or so, just to make sure there is no way I will get under a 730.

It takes time, but the test is very, VERY learnable. Just put the time in and you will be fine.

+1 Not a lot of people are honest about where they started. The GMAT can humble bright minds if you have been out of school for a few years. I'm three years out of school and I can almost guarantee my GMAT diagnostic will be below 600.

SuperMoose:
Easiest way to sht on the GMAT is by acing the verbal..

Don't know about these beasts dropping 770s w/ two weeks of prep..

I was too busy to focus on it and did about 2.5 weeks of prep; did the GMAT most common wrong answers, couple PR practice tests and a few online Qs... 780 (50V, 49Q). Its not the world hardest test, it's just long and arduous. It's also an aptitude test, so obviously amount of prep needed will vary.

‎"Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of other men. Blood, whips and guns or dollars."

I have it coming up on Tuesday. Haven't studied much, but have done pretty well on all the practice exams I've taken (3)... 750+. For me the V section is really easy and I've been getting 99th percentile on it every time... the math section is more challenging, but somehow you can miss a ton of math question (like 10) and still get a 750 even if you miss like 2-3 V questions too... the verbal seems to be weighted more strongly.

I'm shooting for 730-770 on Tuesday... but more importantly, I'm shooting for 80th+ on math, because the 98-99 on V is close to a given. I've heard that even with a 740-760 the adcoms won't look at your score that favorable if you can't get 80th on math... FML.

fortunately I'm in China so I can ask all the associates / analysts / interns at my firm to help me with tough math questions and they can do them instantly... it's comedy.

Oh, and I totally disagree that the GMAT can humble bright minds... maybe I'll get fucked on Tuesday and it was just a fluke doing so well on these practices... but getting below a 650 at any time with any amount of prep seems unthinkable. Getting below a 700 seems like you'd have to be a really bad test take and/or a non-native english speaker.

International Pymp:
Oh, and I totally disagree that the GMAT can humble bright minds... maybe I'll get fucked on Tuesday and it was just a fluke doing so well on these practices... but getting below a 650 at any time with any amount of prep seems unthinkable. Getting below a 700 seems like you'd have to be a really bad test take and/or a non-native english speaker.
Dude, I've been beasting through diagnostics (740+), but I notched a 690 today for the real thing. I'm gonna chalk it up to a bad day (fucked on verbal, of all things) but I'm definitely not amused and will be taking it again.

International Pymp:
So being in less than the 90th percentile means you're either a non-english speaker or a bad test taker...really?
If I had asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses - Henry Ford

pointassist300:
most of you guys recommend about 2-3 months of studying. what if you're not taking the test for another year or so and want to improve grammar/writing in general? i've been reading the economist for a couple months to improve my vocab but it hasn't really worked so far...

Try reading long novels that are fairly complex (but interesting, so you enjoy it).

I'm with Happypants on this one. The reality is that the GMAT is not an easy test by any measure and it should be approached as such by ALL individuals. The WSO sample set is an absolutely terrible one to use as the folks here all tend to be academically inclined and highly-motivated.

I know a native-english speaking engineer that couldn't break 650 after a year of practice. I know a another guy who studied for a year and couldn't break 500 despite three attempts. The truth is, MOST people struggle with the test and there is a reason that the 50th percentile is below 650.

International Pymp, I'm not sure what methods you used to practice, but I assure you that the real thing is very different. If you get nervous tonight and are unable to sleep, you'll need to take the test tomorrow exhausted with a throbbing headache. If you studied using pen/paper, you'll be thrown off as you need to do all your writing with a marker on a crappy dry-erase pad. If you encounter a reading comprehension passage that you don't understand, you'll feel your pulse quicken as you start to mentally worry that the test isn't going well. All the while, the clock is ticking, and there is no "re-do" on test day.

Now, people knock the test out of the park on a daily basis, and you seem just as qualified as anyone to score 700+. So best of luck tomorrow -- be sure to let us know how it goes.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

CompBanker:
I'm with Happypants on this one. The reality is that the GMAT is not an easy test by any measure and it should be approached as such by ALL individuals. The WSO sample set is an absolutely terrible one to use as the folks here all tend to be academically inclined and highly-motivated.

I know a native-english speaking engineer that couldn't break 650 after a year of practice. I know a another guy who studied for a year and couldn't break 500 despite three attempts. The truth is, MOST people struggle with the test and there is a reason that the 50th percentile is below 650.

International Pymp, I'm not sure what methods you used to practice, but I assure you that the real thing is very different. If you get nervous tonight and are unable to sleep, you'll need to take the test tomorrow exhausted with a throbbing headache. If you studied using pen/paper, you'll be thrown off as you need to do all your writing with a marker on a crappy dry-erase pad. If you encounter a reading comprehension passage that you don't understand, you'll feel your pulse quicken as you start to mentally worry that the test isn't going well. All the while, the clock is ticking, and there is no "re-do" on test day.

Now, people knock the test out of the park on a daily basis, and you seem just as qualified as anyone to score 700+. So best of luck tomorrow -- be sure to let us know how it goes.

you're right compbanker, it was different and I did feel the heat. I got a 730, but that's a lot lower than I had been getting and I think it was partially the pressure. I sort of lost my mind on the second AWA (who gives a shit, plus I'll probably get a 6), but at the the time I was punishing myself mentally for not reviewing more than 1 or 2 of those and so I was off my game for the first 15 mins of the math. Anyways, I hit the 730 AND, more importantly for me, I got the 80.80 split (somehow), so this'll do. I'd have preferred a 750+ like I had been getting on my diagnostics, but whatever. The verbal I got was WAY harder than the practice tests. I must have missed 4-5 questions and on the practices I pretty much got perfect (51) every single time.

Remember the comments here are going to be subject to some pretty serious reporting bias.

Jeff Sackmann's Total GMAT Math was very helpful for me as I was pretty rough on the math stuff. Aside from that the official GMAT guide is indispensable. I did about an hour every three days or so over a three month period. 750. I agree with everyone else here, don't touch Kaplan.

What's everyones take on a 710 gmat score for a top school like HBS, GSB, Wharton, MIT, Kellogg, Booth? If its above 80 percent for both is there really a need for a retake?

Granted the profile is an Asian male from a top undergraduate program working at a BB. I realize the whole package matters but wanted to see based on this brief profile if the test should be retaken.

Am I the only one who thinks this test is out of the world, considering I'm not a native, nor a SAT taker. I'm struggling on verbal a lot especially RC. This is what I need to fix but since I am not accustomed to any of reading material. I still have a hard time tackling the test.

i found the questions put out by the GMAC (the company that does the test) the most helpful.

for practice tests, mba.com also has some that you can download for free. from what i've read, these are the best because they use the actual scoring algorithm. since princeton review, kaplan, etc don't write the test, they have to guess what algorithm GMAC is using. i found my practice scores were within 10-20 pts of what i actually got on the test - whereas the princeton review test only came within about 50.

Nesciunt asperiores reprehenderit ad dolorem omnis omnis id. Quia officia ut fugiat recusandae reiciendis corporis quis. Quia commodi aut et ut. Molestias tenetur unde aperiam est in porro.

Corrupti quis saepe nesciunt consequatur. Eum inventore tempore aliquam sit sit aut asperiores. Occaecati ut enim et nihil at voluptatem. Quia commodi ut molestias ducimus fugiat.

CompBanker’s Career Guidance Services: https://www.rossettiadvisors.com/

Consequatur ut cum fugiat. Unde ut aut assumenda itaque quo quia velit consequatur. Officiis qui minus et. Cumque placeat nihil vero doloribus rem vel officiis.

Nulla doloribus voluptas aliquid ut est repudiandae culpa molestiae. Quam repellendus delectus laudantium provident rem totam. Placeat voluptatem sed ex illum. Dolorem assumenda cupiditate non necessitatibus vel rerum.

Recusandae laboriosam laborum neque ratione. Occaecati error id corporis quis aut dignissimos. Voluptatem debitis quia est doloribus omnis dolore. Impedit ut repellat temporibus quae. Labore cumque fugit officiis et temporibus sit.

Doloribus sunt neque ut reprehenderit similique. Harum numquam quia facilis ipsam aut quia. Ex hic eveniet aperiam tenetur architecto et.

Eius commodi nihil occaecati saepe. Libero libero ut officiis in quod doloremque.

Quo quis praesentium nisi enim hic. Inventore et provident doloribus ratione voluptas veritatis. A mollitia eos quidem sapiente. Reiciendis quo qui explicabo id. Voluptas et reiciendis et delectus.

Id nesciunt pariatur ut provident unde enim dignissimos. Odit eveniet laborum distinctio atque voluptas.

Iste iusto veritatis harum odio. Sapiente qui itaque vitae omnis aut. Sequi voluptas saepe nemo est. Dolor deserunt id cumque id ut temporibus expedita.

Molestiae sed ut voluptas provident officiis unde labore. Repellat non voluptatem a non repudiandae quam. Qui quos aut perspiciatis cupiditate laborum aperiam. Necessitatibus explicabo unde fugit minus repellat molestiae excepturi.

Sint aspernatur est quo deserunt veniam vitae. Optio ut vitae laborum nemo quo hic. Iusto sit occaecati voluptatem minus quo suscipit earum. Quod voluptatum aut molestiae reiciendis animi amet. Blanditiis necessitatibus nulla adipisci quisquam nulla aut. Adipisci deserunt laborum cum similique. Exercitationem odio quae quod dolores.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
numi's picture
numi
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”