As the title suggests, I am currently in a UK non-target university for my Bachelors degree and I would like to do my masters in a top uni (INSEAD,Bocconi,Oxbridge, LBS, M7 etc).
I am in my second year and I am on track to get a First class degree or a high 2.1. I have been a WM intern for 6 months and I plan on sitting CFA Level I in December, 2019. After I gradute in 2020 I will have to work for 2-3 years to save up which gives me plenty of time to improve my odds to get into a target uni. Eventually, I want to break into IB but I also want to get a masters degree for personal reasons.
My questions are:
1) Which universities and specific courses should I consider? I would prefer a 2 year course because it would let me apply for internships. If I go for Bocconi, do I have to learn Italian?
2) What can I do in these 3-4 years until I begin applications that will help me? Extracurriculars? Charity/Volunteering?
3) How important is your work experience when you apply for masters? I do not think that I will end up in a well-known, prestigious firm upon my graduation even if I graduate with a First & CFA Level I.
4) Is there anything else I am missing?
Thank you a lot in advance.
P.S Enjoy New Years Eve!
Private Equity Interview Course
- 2,447 questions across 203 private equity funds. Crowdsourced from over 500,000 mem.
- 9 Detailed LBO Modeling Tests and 15+ hours of video solutions.
- Trusted by over 1,000 aspiring private equity professionals just like you.