How was Investment Banking modeling done back in the day?
Have always wondered this. Investment banks have been around long before excel - even back to the 80s and 90s - so how would investment banks and private equity firms create IPO pricing, valuations, LBOs, etc?
Hi Anonymous Monkey, upload your resume and land a job
Wall Street Oasis Notifications
Please tell us a little bit more about yourself to send you the most relevant notifications
Popular Content See all
- So, everyone is a prestige whore in some way or another. Let's be honest. For every 1 person who can afford to pay cash for an S500 AMG but drives a Prius for the mileage, there are 100 million people who finance a car they can't really afford. The same applies to school - How many...+109 by Goldman Snacks in JOB
- So for the past several days, I've been getting DMs from the website moderators that my posts have been removed. Can I ask why you all are so angry? I've had so much MS thrown my way, it probably triggered some sort of red-flag. Lol like seriously - every other day, there's some...+39 by theaccountingmajor in OFF
- Working 55-60 hour weeks every week of the year has made me forget what it feels like having a 9-5 job. So those who do, what does it feel like?+33 by Pizz in OFF
- Two weeks ago, a thread was created on favorite banking phrases. It blew up, and numerous monkeys shared some hilarious jargon used in this industry. If you haven't seen it yet, I definitely recommend checking it out...+29 by YungBull in IB
- Any questions on life in finance in Hong Kong? AMA
i've been here since 2005, worked in IBD, and then PE.
It's been a while, but happy to help if anyone has questions.
* While for many jobs language skills aren't specified as mandatory per se, to actually be...+25 by earthwalker7 in OFF
- Attached to the bottom of this post, you will find the Wall Street Oasis private equity resume template for experienced professionals, used by the WSO paid service and thousands of candidates to successfully land a job in private equity.
For those of you with deal or project experience coming...+22 by WallStreetOasis.com in PE
- What do you guys think of this generation's rap? Since its inception in 2011, mumble rap has taken off like crazy. Migos, Future, MGK, Lil Pump, Lil Xan, Lil "*insert random name*" and all these other "rappers" these days just don't give a damn about their...+20 by ColdCaller in OFF
- Burner account for venting purposes. I'm tired.
I'm tired of working at a bank that never wins M&A. I bet they don't feel this way at Lazard.
I'm tired of the umpteen thousandth pitch where footnotes and alignments are scrutinized when you, me, the guy next door,...+20 by tiredandangry in IB
Upcoming EventsSee all
- Oct10Financial Modeling Boot Camp -- Chicago, 10/10-10/128:00 to 5:00 EDT Online
- Oct11WSO Atlanta Meet Up: Thur October 11th, 6pm, Industry Tavern 6:00 EDT Atlanta, GA , GA
- Oct12WSO Hong Kong Meet Up: Fri Oct 12th, 630pm, Gurkha Bar6:30 EDT Hong Kong
- Oct15Free SC/PS videos on "GMAT PILL" mobile app (2 days only)!(All day) Online