Most Helpful

I feel like there are a lot of threads on this but CVP is “tier 1” EB and only other EB that really “outclasses” it is EVR. PJT is great as well but would argue that their M&A practice is in-line with CVP. Fee per banker headcount (important metric) believe CVP should be the highest aside from maybe PJT.

Culture has been great led by Blair Effron but will note that with the recent hiring of new partners/md in the past 1-2 years the culture is a little less linear between groups as it used to be.

Hours are interesting I’ve had 50-60 hour weeks (literally no facetime) and weeks where it would be constant fire drills at 100+ hours. Generally no facetime which is great.

Pay...needless to say its amazing I think our associates comp is as good as MF and possibly even better. Will say though people here (senior associate +) stay because they want to become career bankers not $$

Exit opps people think because its a 3 year program exits aren’t great but that couldn't be further from the truth. Literally every single firm is open to you. And if you’ve done your 2-3 years and build rapport, partners/md willing to call and vouch for you.

Freshman and sophomores on this site really think they know more from what they see on this website than from someone who actually works at the firm lmaoo

I recently ran the fee per bankers numbers for all of the EBs, and CVP absolutely blows everyone out of the water. Like it’s not even close. They have ~60 partners right now and they publicly disclosed ~$1.3bn in 2020 revenue, which is insane. All of the other EBs (Evercore, PJT, Lazard) are public, so it’s easy to spread.

How is CVP split? Can you work in M&A only and not in capital advisory? 

I've worked at a BB but do not like capital side at all, so looking for a firm where I can just work on the M&A bit. Will that be possible at CVP? I've also been told that the culture/WLB is crazy good. 

This might be controversial but I don’t think the analysts at Centerview are on par with some of the other EBs like people say they are. Reason for this is all about the recruiting timeline - they are literally the last bank on the street to recruit (September) and all the prepared and good candidates have already signed with EBs or GS/MS/JPM. Take this year 2021 recruiting - EVR, MOE, PWP, PJT RSSG already done. Laz would normally be done but pushed back due to covid. No one is declining any of these banks for a shot at Centerview in September.

Your first sentence proves nothing. Recruiting is so random. Strucking out doesn't necessarily mean they are less qualified.

Bro you are 100% wrong. Banks are looking to hire from more and more schools, not just a few like they've historically done. There are Arizona State kids at PJT, Ohio State kids at Evercore, etc. Also, UT is a target school at Evercore NYC so by your definition, the bank sucks?

They take back your 50k signing bonus but u can still recruit 2nd year

How is CVP's restructuring practice compared to banks like Evercore and PWP?

I feel like I've said this on multiple threads but their Healthcare practice is the best one for large cap biopharma. They have been absolutely cleaning up in the space. Out of the EBs, only Evercore and PJT truly compare.

Dayman?

Architecto neque sapiente suscipit reprehenderit illo. Corporis velit eius soluta cumque ipsa. Debitis voluptatem dignissimos et quidem nostrum. Accusantium ut repudiandae culpa omnis ea iste aut nihil. Doloribus quibusdam praesentium qui esse et.

Quo labore perspiciatis doloremque quo dicta temporibus rerum ipsa. Incidunt enim mollitia eveniet placeat molestiae est. Eius ipsam temporibus veritatis autem nemo.

Enim nihil nisi nesciunt tempore temporibus error fugiat. Repudiandae sunt exercitationem beatae. Quaerat at aspernatur sequi. Qui quas sed commodi delectus inventore magnam nemo accusantium.

Similique facere harum sunt et dolore. Enim ut eius soluta aut et. Eum quam culpa ut praesentium est fugiat id.

Voluptas asperiores doloremque id perspiciatis omnis beatae. Sint maxime voluptatem velit et reprehenderit non.

Facilis rerum maiores voluptatem. Eveniet quia dolore vel consectetur. Soluta delectus quibusdam minima temporibus animi omnis possimus. Voluptas a et fugit. Autem aperiam ipsa repudiandae ipsa enim at animi est.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
Linda Abraham's picture
Linda Abraham
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”