WSO Elite Modeling Package

• 6 courses to mastery: Excel, Financial Statement, LBO, M&A, Valuation and DCF
  • Elite instructors from top BB investment banks and private equity megafunds
  • Includes Company DB + Video Library Access (1 year)

Comments (32)

Most Helpful
  • Analyst 2 in IB-M&A
Jun 16, 2020 - 1:48pm

I feel like there are a lot of threads on this but CVP is "tier 1" EB and only other EB that really "outclasses" it is EVR. PJT is great as well but would argue that their M&A practice is in-line with CVP. Fee per banker headcount (important metric) believe CVP should be the highest aside from maybe PJT.

Culture has been great led by Blair Effron but will note that with the recent hiring of new partners/md in the past 1-2 years the culture is a little less linear between groups as it used to be.

Hours are interesting I've had 50-60 hour weeks (literally no facetime) and weeks where it would be constant fire drills at 100+ hours. Generally no facetime which is great.

Pay...needless to say its amazing I think our associates comp is as good as MF and possibly even better. Will say though people here (senior associate +) stay because they want to become career bankers not $$

Exit opps people think because its a 3 year program exits aren't great but that couldn't be further from the truth. Literally every single firm is open to you. And if you've done your 2-3 years and build rapport, partners/md willing to call and vouch for you.

Learn More

300+ video lessons across 6 modeling courses taught by elite practitioners at the top investment banks and private equity funds -- Excel Modeling -- Financial Statement Modeling -- M&A Modeling -- LBO Modeling -- DCF and Valuation Modeling -- ALL INCLUDED + 2 Huge Bonuses.

Learn more
  • Incoming Analyst in IB-M&A
Jun 16, 2020 - 2:15pm

Classic ranking thread. It's an EB, and its recruiting timeline isnt even in-line with the others so you wouldn't really choose between them for SA. But i'd say its better than laz, pwp, moe ny, pjt m&a, and then pretty in-line with evr and moe la. Id put pjt rx at the top though. Still, these are all great firms

• Analyst 2 in IB - Gen
Jun 16, 2020 - 3:42pm

pretty much agree -- PJT RSSG is consistently the top choice for kids interested in banking at top targets; that said the competition to get the one or two spots in each class that aren't H/W is brutal, but i guess how small/selective the group is part of the allure for people.

Jun 16, 2020 - 2:20pm

This might be controversial but I don't think the analysts at Centerview are on par with some of the other EBs like people say they are. Reason for this is all about the recruiting timeline - they are literally the last bank on the street to recruit (September) and all the prepared and good candidates have already signed with EBs or GS/MS/JPM. Take this year 2021 recruiting - EVR, MOE, PWP, PJT RSSG already done. Laz would normally be done but pushed back due to covid. No one is declining any of these banks for a shot at Centerview in September.

Jun 16, 2020 - 2:25pm

To add on to my last comment all the people I know who got Centerview struck out everywhere else during the process and landed Centerview in September. Still a great place to be, but looking on LinkedIn you see kids from like USC and texas A&M as summer analysts.

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 16, 2020 - 2:29pm

Your first sentence proves nothing. Recruiting is so random. Strucking out doesn't necessarily mean they are less qualified.

• Analyst 2 in IB - Ind
Jun 16, 2020 - 3:49pm

Bro you are 100% wrong. Banks are looking to hire from more and more schools, not just a few like they've historically done. There are Arizona State kids at PJT, Ohio State kids at Evercore, etc. Also, UT is a target school at Evercore NYC so by your definition, the bank sucks?

• Prospect in Other
Jun 17, 2020 - 8:58pm

They take back your 50k signing bonus but u can still recruit 2nd year

• Intern in IB-M&A
Jun 20, 2020 - 2:16pm

How is CVP's restructuring practice compared to banks like Evercore and PWP?

Jun 20, 2020 - 5:32pm

I feel like I've said this on multiple threads but their Healthcare practice is the best one for large cap biopharma. They have been absolutely cleaning up in the space. Out of the EBs, only Evercore and PJT truly compare.

Dayman?
Start Discussion

Total Avg Compensation

April 2021 Investment Banking

• Director/MD (9) $911
  • Vice President (35) $364
  • Associates (188) $234
  • 2nd Year Analyst (107) $150
  • Intern/Summer Associate (96) $145
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (26) $145
  • 1st Year Analyst (391) $132
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (322) $82