anyone knows what happens after we complete the job simulator?

Most Helpful

Mine was for global markets so they want to see if you can be logical, provide good analysis, and show an interest. They asked me stuff like this: - You're the Bank of Canada, are you lowering rates at the next meeting? Why? - What indicators would you look at? (I believe this was a follow up to the last question, but they'll be looking for what indicators you use to identify a recession) - Biggest global macro events and how they'll impact markets - What are some global trends/events you're following? - Any opportunities you've identified in the market? (Equities, FX, commodities, fixed income) - What part of S&T are you interested in?

They also asked me some more specific stuff relevant to my background. I'm doing Finance with Math and Comp sci, so one of the MDs asked me how you would factor global events into a model (He was just curious, and prefaced it by saying he doesn't know the answer).

Hope this helped!

A bit of both. There is a section about how you would behave in the office, prioritize tasks, etc. There is also a section with more technical stuff. But really nothing heavy so don't stress about it

Any update? Still waiting on commercial banking in Toronto. It says my application is still under consideration. It's been a 3 weeks since I did the simulators.

There are already some kids posting about Incoming IBD Summer Anayst at HSBC London, so ACs and offers are already on the table

Does anyone know what types of exit opps come from HSBC m&a/ LevFin

I don't know if I've been dinged or what, but I have completed the Job simulation for SA 2020 at the end of September and have been constantly receiving these emails telling me to be patient. Should I contact them or what? I have a friend who got the offer for IBD at the start of October

Hey just wondering if anyone got the email from HSBC about the London ibd programme? It basically just said you’ve met the criteria and we’re recruiting / running assessment centres on a rolling basis till early in the new year. Any idea if that means you’re getting an assessment centre interview or is it just trying to keep you updated?

im applying for HSBC HK, but i got the same email yesterday that i've met all their criteria and that they're considering me for the assessment centre shortlist (as well as the whole rolling basis till the new year thing)–i feel like this is the stage where they probably reach out to us w/ a telephone interview (a few ppl from previous yrs said that they went thru a telephone screening first before getting the finall AC stage) and decide whether or not they want to give us an AC interview, so it's most likely an update that you're still in contention.

Did you also get the emails from HK recruiting asking for your details?

Hi All,

Are HSBC conducting anymore Superday's for their Global Markets div in London? I applied to the Markets Off-Cycle program in October and, after all the assessments, received the generic email saying i've been shortlisted for the AC (similarly mentioned above) with no date set. I've just received another "update" email today, which frankly wasn't much of an update and more of a xmas holding message. Is there anyone else that is or has been in a similar position, if so, what should I expect?

Hey, I applied for the summer analyst position and received the same emails. I emailed to find out were they still conducting interviews following the first email in November and got a generic response saying basically if your selected you’ll know. I’m just assuming that they are still running but not getting my hopes up.

I applied for the same programme (London off-cycle) and got the same emails. I also got one from HR telling me to confirm my graduation dates for possibly joining their graduate programme in July. Anyone else got that?

Are there more people who are being kept on a leash by HSBC for SA2020 IB London position? I have successfully passed the Job Simulation and have been waiting to hear if I can go to the Assessment Centre for 2 months now. I know 2 people are in the same situation.

Also, if you did get an AC: How long did you have to wait after successfully passing the job simulation round to get an invitation for the AC.

Rerum laudantium libero sit modi dolore. In eum sit facere neque.

Consequatur laudantium dolorem possimus et eius similique eos quas. Voluptatem aliquam qui soluta tempore aperiam deserunt. Et sit id odit accusantium deserunt.

Non beatae assumenda eum impedit. Sint libero minus doloribus delectus quaerat pariatur tempora. Perferendis dolorum in ut ad corporis magni. Mollitia qui quod sint numquam accusantium itaque. Rerum et qui sit adipisci magnam et qui.

Suscipit sed et omnis aliquid ea. Itaque quo corrupti consequuntur qui. Iure provident dignissimos qui cupiditate voluptatem debitis facere. Neque rerum harum veritatis.

Est dolor saepe explicabo facere possimus labore nam. Omnis consectetur dolorem illum molestias autem sint ad. Eaque repellendus laudantium velit exercitationem eos. Consequatur odit perferendis laboriosam placeat neque non nulla.

Voluptas itaque officiis dolorem perferendis vitae repellat temporibus quaerat. Soluta distinctio eligendi ad asperiores aliquid. Delectus minus ut voluptas aperiam sint tempore magnam. Aut laboriosam quo magni deserunt minus itaque vel enim. Quia sed reprehenderit omnis dolor error. Quia illo eum dolor optio accusamus. Alias saepe sed vero est.

Voluptates aut a molestiae. Ullam accusamus eum laudantium.

Est deleniti minus officiis provident et veniam quia architecto. Veritatis cumque aliquid repellendus sequi ducimus sit. Enim deleniti corrupti qui officiis. Earum quaerat quasi modi iste eos architecto. Et voluptas voluptates id a consectetur aspernatur.

Sed quisquam optio vero perspiciatis officia deleniti voluptatibus. Cumque quisquam qui eos sint. Laboriosam est doloribus neque eligendi itaque cupiditate. Rerum fugiat aperiam voluptatem distinctio sunt magnam. Ut debitis ad minima vel. Aut ea cum eveniet neque consequuntur. Similique quod delectus eveniet inventore unde.

Mollitia veritatis dicta doloremque est. Nihil officia repellendus excepturi. Velit animi deserunt id eaque quas et ex. Voluptatem ducimus voluptatibus sunt totam. Occaecati eos est dolorem earum harum reprehenderit. Autem deserunt voluptatem doloribus quo iusto recusandae.

Consectetur vel quia tempore hic quia odit. Repellat quia modi voluptates voluptatibus aut rerum soluta. Reprehenderit cupiditate aperiam autem dolorem consequatur laudantium. Laboriosam autem necessitatibus odio a laudantium et ut. Placeat et enim debitis et.

Dignissimos sit earum asperiores maxime ipsam sunt quis. Dolorem ut expedita nemo sit officiis officia consequuntur.

Molestias voluptatem dicta ut aut rerum quos ab. Aut facere tempore ut repellendus dolorem. Aut tenetur quam unde eius repellendus amet. Doloribus voluptas ea perferendis est dolor nemo iure sed.

Doloribus voluptas eos est adipisci at odio. Enim aut ut ab omnis veritatis vitae. Amet doloremque qui rem fugit provident. Soluta dolorum qui dicta iste minima suscipit fuga non.

Et sunt rem reiciendis ut omnis autem est. A maiores dolorem consectetur et incidunt laborum atque magni. Expedita sapiente magnam consequuntur quis. Praesentium aperiam commodi aut iure. Adipisci eius odit adipisci aut voluptatem.

Non et praesentium iste dolore. Reiciendis atque et quos. Quod enim quasi tenetur perspiciatis omnis.

Blanditiis quae sunt sed earum est porro accusantium reprehenderit. Similique eveniet dolores dolorum voluptatem possimus. Iure molestias eligendi ipsa quasi nam sapiente. Nihil magni ipsa optio exercitationem reiciendis. Qui earum alias modi necessitatibus esse qui consectetur reprehenderit.

Corrupti expedita qui non accusantium. Corporis quia saepe deleniti voluptatem praesentium veritatis. Maiores ullam quibusdam occaecati molestias blanditiis.

Laudantium ad qui qui et illo assumenda quia. Et aperiam voluptas totam magni et. Quia ab minus commodi aut. Assumenda iste inventore in molestiae.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (87) $260
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (146) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
kanon's picture
kanon
dosk17's picture
dosk17
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”