Comments (126)

Jul 18, 2019

HSBC opens August 15

Aug 12, 2019

For US positions?

Aug 27, 2019

apps opened on the 15th. lets get this thread going. Anybody take the online assessments yet?

Aug 27, 2019

I did and oddly enjoyed completing the assessment

Aug 27, 2019

Did the 1st online test a while back. HSBC is interviewing on my campus in September, so idk how much the tests will count for

Aug 27, 2019

Is the online test a video thing or is it just like some numerical stuff

Aug 27, 2019

Both numerical and situational tasks

Aug 28, 2019

Anyone else have an issue with the video recording for the second assessment where your recorded videos were rotated sideways?

Aug 28, 2019

Did you receive a second assessment immediately after the first one?

Aug 28, 2019

I got it about 4 days after I did the first assessment

Sep 2, 2019

Anyone do the job simulation yet - the third stage of the application process?

Sep 10, 2019

Is the second assessment like a hirvue?

Sep 10, 2019

Sort of, its a combination of hirevue and normal multiple choice test. For some questions you would need to answer recording a video. Some questions require you first to analyze data and then record a video response etc. I had appx. 3-4 video responses and rest multiple choice

Sep 10, 2019

had the same thing as above ^. Nothing hard and nothing to study for. Common sense questions

Array

Sep 10, 2019

Completed the HireVue (Toronto IB) a week ago and still says under consideration? Anyone hear back about progression to the next round yet?

Sep 12, 2019

Did the application ask about location preferences?

Sep 12, 2019

I got an on campus first round without having completed the assessments

Sep 13, 2019

Did you network/have a referral?

Sep 13, 2019

No, I'm at a target

Sep 13, 2019

Is HSBC any good in the US? Or should I apply for Asia?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 14, 2019

anyone knows what happens after we complete the job simulator?

Sep 14, 2019

wondering the same thing, completed it around 2 weeks ago. apparently they'll contact us if we make it to the next round?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 17, 2019

any news? whats the status of ur application?

Jan 2, 2020

what happens in the job simulator? Got an invitation for one but the instructions aren't very clear. Is this a hirevue kind of thing or closer to an online assessment?

Jan 2, 2020

it's both

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 14, 2019

will we be informed if we are out of contention?

• Intern in IB-M&A
Sep 17, 2019

I got dinged after the simulation stage.

Sep 23, 2019

How do you know you got dinged?? I did that a few weeks ago and have heard mum

Nov 6, 2019

Hey mate. How did u know u got dinged?

Sep 23, 2019

anyone know if HSBC is done recruiting? an analyst told me today that he thinks they are wrapping up but idk if he knows 100%

• Analyst 1 in IB-M&A
Sep 23, 2019

Friend works there. Superdays have begun last week and will finish by next week.

Sep 23, 2019

ok shit thanks... so prob shouldn't bother with the assessment then?

Oct 2, 2019

Interviewed for S&T last week (first round)

Oct 2, 2019

Currently doing the second stage of online for cooperate banking Toronto

Oct 3, 2019

What are the Hirevue questions

Oct 4, 2019

Just got the invite for the simulation thing

Most Helpful
Oct 6, 2019

How long does it take to hear back from the job simulator?

Oct 8, 2019

Also wondering the same thing!

Oct 9, 2019

I heard back after job simulator in roughly 2 weeks and then was invited to super roughly a week after first round.

Oct 8, 2019

Is the job simulator more technical or behavioral? Not rally sure what to expect

Oct 21, 2019

A bit of both. There is a section about how you would behave in the office, prioritize tasks, etc.
There is also a section with more technical stuff. But really nothing heavy so don't stress about it

Oct 12, 2019

Has anyone been able to find HSBC deals online? I have been looking everywhere and cannot find anything about recent transactions.

Oct 25, 2019
ABACUS 2007-AC1:

Has anyone been able to find HSBC deals online? I have been looking everywhere and cannot find anything about recent transactions.

That's because they're weak in the U.S.

If you can avoid it, don't go to HSBC... speaking from experience.

Oct 17, 2019

Any update? Still waiting on commercial banking in Toronto. It says my application is still under consideration. It's been a 3 weeks since I did the simulators.

Oct 18, 2019

got dinged. they sent an email roughly 1 week after the job sim. all the best guys!

Oct 21, 2019

They've started with interviews already for Toronto. I had my final round last week and I know some people that have theirs this week.

Oct 21, 2019

Took the simulator like two weeks back but haven't heard anything

Oct 23, 2019

Does anyone know what their recruiting process with M&A IB for NY is like? / status?

Oct 23, 2019

Superdays for M&A IB for NY are being held 10/24 and 10/25.

Oct 24, 2019

Are those the only days? Do you have an idea of how many people they take?

Oct 25, 2019

Hey all,
Any news about HSBC SA IB in London?
Took job simulator 3 weeks ago, Anyone has an idea about timelines? Any AC hold?
Thanks

• Prospect in IB-M&A
Oct 25, 2019

There are already some kids posting about Incoming IBD Summer Anayst at HSBC London, so ACs and offers are already on the table

Oct 25, 2019

Yeah a friend had an AC at the beginning of this week or at the end of last week, but she applied early. They take 3 weeks approx to invite to AC/reject after completing Job Simulator.

Array

• Prospect in Other
Nov 3, 2019

Does anyone know what types of exit opps come from HSBC m&a/ LevFin

Nov 5, 2019

Anyone applied for HSBC IB APAC?

Nov 6, 2019

I did. Just finished the job simulator for Singapore. I am a little scared that superdays have ended.

Nov 6, 2019

for the immersive assessments did you get your results delivered right away? Mine didn't appear to me so was wondering... the page just says I'm still under consideration but I don't know if that means I got dinged

Nov 10, 2019

I don't know if I've been dinged or what, but I have completed the Job simulation for SA 2020 at the end of September and have been constantly receiving these emails telling me to be patient. Should I contact them or what? I have a friend who got the offer for IBD at the start of October

Nov 12, 2019

Same situation here

Nov 20, 2019

Did anybody notice that application deadlines for HSBC HK/SG were originally due Oct 21 but now they re-opened and are accepting until Dec 1?

Nov 21, 2019

Hey just wondering if anyone got the email from HSBC about the London ibd programme? It basically just said you've met the criteria and we're recruiting / running assessment centres on a rolling basis till early in the new year. Any idea if that means you're getting an assessment centre interview or is it just trying to keep you updated?

Nov 21, 2019

im applying for HSBC HK, but i got the same email yesterday that i've met all their criteria and that they're considering me for the assessment centre shortlist (as well as the whole rolling basis till the new year thing)-i feel like this is the stage where they probably reach out to us w/ a telephone interview (a few ppl from previous yrs said that they went thru a telephone screening first before getting the finall AC stage) and decide whether or not they want to give us an AC interview, so it's most likely an update that you're still in contention.

Nov 21, 2019

ah alright thanks for letting me know had no idea about that. Do you know if the telephone interview was mostly technical or a mix between tech and behavioural ?

• Prospect in 
Nov 21, 2019

ACs for HSBC HK has started since October and most slots are filled. Email blast is generic

• Prospect in Other
Nov 21, 2019

recv'd the same email

• Intern in IB - Gen
Dec 2, 2019

Did you also get the emails from HK recruiting asking for your details?

Nov 21, 2019

Nov 22, 2019

guys, I got a phone call for corporate banking ny. anyone knows what to expect

Nov 22, 2019

I didn't get the Hirevue, am I screwed?

Dec 13, 2019

Are they done recruiting for NYC for 2020?

Dec 14, 2019

i got emails to kindly remind me about finishing the virtual tests, i have no clue what's going on w the process tho

• Prospect in S&T - Other
Dec 20, 2019

Hi All,

Are HSBC conducting anymore Superday's for their Global Markets div in London? I applied to the Markets Off-Cycle program in October and, after all the assessments, received the generic email saying i've been shortlisted for the AC (similarly mentioned above) with no date set. I've just received another "update" email today, which frankly wasn't much of an update and more of a xmas holding message. Is there anyone else that is or has been in a similar position, if so, what should I expect?

Dec 21, 2019

Hey,
I applied for the summer analyst position and received the same emails. I emailed to find out were they still conducting interviews following the first email in November and got a generic response saying basically if your selected you'll know. I'm just assuming that they are still running but not getting my hopes up.

Dec 28, 2019

I applied for the same programme (London off-cycle) and got the same emails. I also got one from HR telling me to confirm my graduation dates for possibly joining their graduate programme in July. Anyone else got that?

• Prospect in Other
Dec 20, 2019

I applied for SA 2020 NY back in August or something and just today got an email that applications are continuing to be reviewed throughout/after the holiday season and to be aware of that. anyone else get this email? almost forgot about this application lol.

Dec 20, 2019

I got the same email today. I had assumed they were finished, but I guess not.

Dec 20, 2019

yup same. got the email today. can you guys PM me? i'm out of my daily limits. would be nice to keep up w others who are still in the process

Dec 21, 2019

They're done from what i hear

• Prospect in 
Jan 17, 2020

Are there more people who are being kept on a leash by HSBC for SA2020 IB London position? I have successfully passed the Job Simulation and have been waiting to hear if I can go to the Assessment Centre for 2 months now. I know 2 people are in the same situation.

Also, if you did get an AC: How long did you have to wait after successfully passing the job simulation round to get an invitation for the AC.

Jan 20, 2020

same situation...

Jan 20, 2020
Comment
Jan 20, 2020
  • Prospect in 
Jan 20, 2020
Mar 10, 2020
  • Prospect in IB-M&A
Apr 2, 2020