IB to Equity Research
Interested to hear of any juniors who made the switch fromto - I'm an analyst 1 at a MM bank who is weighing it up.
For some context, my goal has always been either ER or a form of equity investing role. Initially went into m&a because I fell short of the job i wanted and started to feel some financial pressure.
My questions to you are:
(1) When did you start looking?
(2) Is it frowned upon if i jump after one year?
(3) What points about you were most scrutinised through the process? Was it modelling / writing / intellectual creativity?
(4) Is it worth trying to cross the chinese wall and network with analysts at my MM? Noting that compliance would be sitting in on every meeting
(5) Do you think i will struggle to move toworking on deals in the 100-500m range? If yes, what can i do to address these concerns?
V grateful for all anecdotes and advice.