Most Helpful

If I had been born exactly 100 years prior, I would have, foolishly, but undoubtely, joined all those cheering school boys, students, tradesmen and farmers in their flower-crowned march to the death in some bloody fucking mud hole in Flanders. If you ever want a reality check about your career or your future, I suggest you visit those graveyards, puts things a bit into perspective.

...and the Truth shall set you free

For me it would be aerospace.  Found a little airplane company in the twenties, have the US gov buy my shit in WW2, and who knows where else I'd go

Being female it might be even harder to gain a degree back then, so I would assume I must be super wealthy like that french countess who studied female orgasms (she was actually in the time of Casanova so pre 1900).If I was that wealthy, I would have studied whatever I wanted, most likely history, economics, and politics. I am not sure that economics was much of a discipline back then, so likely I would have studied history and archaeology perhaps, gone on one of those imperial digs in Egypt or the Near East if I was lucky enough, aside from the stealing another cultures artefacts, that would be awesome, and being imperial I likely would not have considered it stealing back then.Also a side note: everyone who answered the question assuming they have the hindsight or knowledge they have now from the 21st century, you are misunderstanding the question.It is "What would you study IF you were born in 1900". If you were born in 1900 you by definition were not born now in this era. You would have the knowledge of someone born in 1900. No hindsight. No investing in Apple when it was a start up etc.The comment about WWI is also valid, and I might have decided to study nursing instead.

Quisquam sed officia et nihil blanditiis. Et eveniet maxime quibusdam sunt ad. Dolore incidunt minus quo.

Voluptatum incidunt animi excepturi. Harum id aperiam quo sequi consequatur non consequatur autem. Possimus alias amet ratione perferendis quaerat omnis rerum.

Maxime officiis eum facilis quae. Ipsam quod quia id. Id rerum omnis laboriosam vero soluta quaerat iusto. Nihil modi accusamus aut et amet explicabo.

Est nihil aut dolore iusto quia labore. Cupiditate ratione explicabo corrupti ea incidunt. Mollitia vitae deleniti et quia nihil iure. Voluptatem harum veniam cum ipsam. Voluptatibus atque ut illum soluta ut corrupti repudiandae.

Quis voluptatem dolorem quis sed a saepe. Similique fuga et dolorem excepturi fuga. Laborum sit expedita ullam alias.

Career Advancement Opportunities

April 2024 Investment Banking

• Jefferies & Company 02 99.4%
  • Goldman Sachs 19 98.8%
  • Harris Williams & Co. New 98.3%
  • Lazard Freres 02 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 03 97.1%

Overall Employee Satisfaction

• Harris Williams & Co. 18 99.4%
  • JPMorgan Chase 10 98.8%
  • Lazard Freres 05 98.3%
  • Morgan Stanley 07 97.7%
  • William Blair 03 97.1%

Professional Growth Opportunities

• Lazard Freres 01 99.4%
  • Jefferies & Company 02 98.8%
  • Goldman Sachs 17 98.3%
  • Moelis & Company 07 97.7%
  • JPMorgan Chase 05 97.1%

Total Avg Compensation

• Director/MD (5) $648
  • Vice President (19) $385
  • Associates (86) $261
  • 3rd+ Year Analyst (14) $181
  • Intern/Summer Associate (33) $170
  • 2nd Year Analyst (66) $168
  • 1st Year Analyst (205) $159
  • Intern/Summer Analyst (145) $101
notes
16 IB Interviews Notes

“... there’s no excuse to not take advantage of the resources out there available to you. Best value for your $ are the...”

Leaderboard

redever's picture
redever
Betsy Massar's picture
Betsy Massar
Secyh62's picture
Secyh62
BankonBanking's picture
BankonBanking
CompBanker's picture
CompBanker
GameTheory's picture
GameTheory
dosk17's picture
dosk17
kanon's picture
kanon
Jamoldo's picture
Jamoldo
DrApeman's picture
DrApeman
success
From 10 rejections to 1 dream investment banking internship

“... I believe it was the single biggest reason why I ended up with an offer...”